Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 02:37 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
OK, I'll buy that: who do you have in mind in your party? How about this one: would you have supported Romney, Cain or do you support DR. Carson or how about Rand Paul? How did you feel about Reagan or are you old enough to remember him when he was a B rated movie star or host of GE?
I voted for Reagan. I haven't paid much attention to Carson as right now there isn't a lot of reason to. If he runs, I will. I didn't support Romney when he argued to expand the war in Iraq. I won't support any candidate that takes that position this time either.

I have no idea who the (D) candidate will be either. I had hopes for Warren but it's tough to get over her earlier lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 03:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I voted for Reagan. I haven't paid much attention to Carson as right now there isn't a lot of reason to. If he runs, I will. I didn't support Romney when he argued to expand the war in Iraq. I won't support any candidate that takes that position this time either.

I have no idea who the (D) candidate will be either. I had hopes for Warren but it's tough to get over her earlier lies.
You are being very fair even if I normally do not agree with you politically. As for Warren, I probably could never support her because she is way to the left for me, but if I could, like you, her lies would be enough to make me turn around and walk away. This will, in the long run hurt her if she were to decide to run. Some people just can't understand that or don't think it is a big deal. It is a big deal when someone lies to get special treatment.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:55 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are being very fair even if I normally do not agree with you politically. As for Warren, I probably could never support her because she is way to the left for me, but if I could, like you, her lies would be enough to make me turn around and walk away. This will, in the long run hurt her if she were to decide to run. Some people just can't understand that or don't think it is a big deal. It is a big deal when someone lies to get special treatment.
It will be a never ending problem for her. I think the last election showed that people are getting tired of the lies, especially ones where the truth is the better answer.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:27 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,826 times
Kasich has also screwed up our ohio schools with mandates and incompetent cronies at the state board of education. I would never vote for him.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:32 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Kasich has also screwed up our ohio schools with mandates and incompetent cronies at the state board of education. I would never vote for him.
Yet, you voted for Obama twice, who has screwed up EVERYTHING he's touched. Mind-boggling!

Tell us, what Republican would you vote for? Be honest, there are none.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Yet, you voted for Obama twice, who has screwed up EVERYTHING he's touched. Mind-boggling!

Tell us, what Republican would you vote for? Be honest, there are none.
It would be nice if posters would have a clue before casting dispersions upon other posters. I have previously listed three republicans I am interested in for 2016. However I understand that you are too lazy to read to find that out[search feature is your friend]. I live in ohio, and I don't like kasich be ause I've seen the way he operates, it doesn't mean I dislike all republicans.

And for the record, I don't think he has screwed up everything, though I don't agree with all his policies which I have stated a million times. I don't like obamacare, I don't favor amnesty. I do have to give him credit on the economy though, my household income has more than doubled under Obama, and it was nice before him, gas is under three dollars, my 401k and brokerage accts are at record highs. I think his foreign policy is mess, however I also don't want the neocons in office thinking we have to solve the worlds problems. Actually, he'll Obama has governed conservatively in that area pretty much continuing bush policies

Old 11-13-2014, 06:41 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Quote:
It would be nice if posters would have a clue before casting dispersions upon other posters. I have previously listed three republicans I am interested in for 2016. However I understand that you are too lazy to read to find that out[search feature is your friend]. I live in ohio, and I don't like kasich be ause I've seen the way he operates, it doesn't mean I dislike all republicans.

And for the record, I don't think he has screwed up everything, though I don't agree with all his policies which I have stated a million times. I don't like obamacare, I don't favor amnesty. I do have to give him credit on the economy though, my household income has more than doubled under Obama, and it was nice before him, gas is under three dollars, my 401k and brokerage accts are at record highs. I think his foreign policy is mess, however I also don't want the neocons in office thinking we have to solve the worlds problems. Actually, he'll Obama has governed conservatively in that area pretty much continuing bush policies
So Obama gets credit for your personal success but Kasich doesn't. Got it.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
So Obama gets credit for your personal success but Kasich doesn't. Got it.
No kasich doesn't. Your first gripe was I wasn't for any republicans, then when that was proven to be false, you are mad that I don't like kasich? Hell no, I don't like him. Again, I live in ohio, and I don't like his policies. You are taking this personally, do you work for him? Lmao

Old 11-14-2014, 06:43 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,280 times
What has happened with your and others' 401K has nothing to do with you, or President Obama. Federal Reserve Monetary Policy, (cheap-to-free money), has driven what little real economic growth we have had. Moreso, the cheap-to-free money has driven the stock market. Fiscal Policy - taxes and spending - has been a drag on economic growth. Don't confuse the stock market with the economy. They are different. Want proof how Monetary Policy drives markets? Look at the Nikkei has performed since Mid-October when the Japanese Central Bank decided to mimic the Fed's QEs.

Oh, and since I do not follow Ohio education, what specific policies or actions is it that Governor Kasich has done to/about education that is bad?
Quote:

Old 11-14-2014, 07:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:

You may not think he has screwed up anything but I believe you are in the minority on that. I can't think of anything he has done right except for taking Benny boy out and that was in the works before he even became President.

I may not always agree with the person you are attacking right now, but in all fairness to her, it isn't laziness it is just hard to go back and check every single posting of someone's. I for one, have no idea what 3 Republicans you are watching and Lord knows I am on this sight as much as anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections