U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 07:19 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,235,225 times

Advertisements

House GOP boasts diversity and new conservatives, like Mia Love | The Salt Lake Tribune

The GOP already had a surprising edge on diversity and just bumped it up a notch with the 2014 mid terms.

I think we will look back on 2014 as a turning point with the election of people like Mia Love, Tim Scott, Elise Stefnik, Will Hurd, and Carlos Curbelo. This is a great time to be alive, and I am proud of my party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 07:23 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,082,316 times
the GOP is still over 90 percent white.

like i said, wake me up when the party is 25 percent non white and then i'll start paying attention.

ill be called a racist, but that means getting rid of white men and replacing them with minorities. that's the only way the GOP can achieve that diversity.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:34 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,235,225 times
gtc, the GOP is more diverse than the Democrats, not according to me, but according to liberal pundit Jon Avlon.
GOP's surprising edge on diversity - CNN.com

And the GOP does not have a strategy of dividing us according to skin tone. The Democrats do, not according to me, but according to Hillary Clinton.
The 2008 Democratic primaries and the race card.

This is an exciting time, and you can join in or indulge in sour grapes...your choice.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:36 PM

261 posts, read 438,958 times
This is due to Repubs being a bandwagon based party. Suddenly they want to promote women and people of color when this whole time they have been back handing the two (even tho the party is still an overwhelming majority).

This is only fact when you look at the definitions of the term Progressives (Liberal) continue to crave the path of the future while Conservatives sit in the back and whine and protest against these things so they could possibly say 'Told You so, ya dumb Libs' up until the point they see its not going anywhere. Now suddenly they are trying their best to include women and people of color--go figure. Conservatives are always two steps behind.

My money is on it--two more years you will see the GOP toting around their token 'Gay Conservative' then suddenly changing their tune to stay 'current'.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:42 PM

2,265 posts, read 2,769,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
the GOP is still over 90 percent white.

like i said, wake me up when the party is 25 percent non white and then i'll start paying attention.

ill be called a racist, but that means getting rid of white men and replacing them with minorities. that's the only way the GOP can achieve that diversity.
Thankfully, no one cares what you think.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Thankfully, no one cares what you think.
you took your time to respond.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
House GOP boasts diversity and new conservatives, like Mia Love | The Salt Lake Tribune

The GOP already had a surprising edge on diversity and just bumped it up a notch with the 2014 mid terms.

I think we will look back on 2014 as a turning point with the election of people like Mia Love, Tim Scott, Elise Stefnik, Will Hurd, and Carlos Curbelo. This is a great time to be alive, and I am proud of my party.
you need to read the whole article.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:21 PM

4,212 posts, read 6,693,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you need to read the whole article.
Proud of Grothman ZInke and Mark walker too. Hice is a little nutty, I'll give you that. Someone needs to shut him up because he can hurt the broader Republican brand with his individual views.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:31 PM

23,245 posts, read 11,493,700 times
Quote:

1. Your link that says the GOP has a lead in diversity is about Governors, not congress.

2. In Congress, there are like 86, none white Democrats and 22 Non white republicans. its not even close

Old 11-08-2014, 10:35 PM

23,245 posts, read 11,493,700 times
Quote:
gtc, the GOP is more diverse than the Democrats, not according to me, but according to liberal pundit Jon Avlon.
GOP's surprising edge on diversity - CNN.com

And the GOP does not have a strategy of dividing us according to skin tone. The Democrats do, not according to me, but according to Hillary Clinton.
The 2008 Democratic primaries and the race card.

This is an exciting time, and you can join in or indulge in sour grapes...your choice.
Again, you didnt read either of your links

The first one says Republicans have more latino governors, Its not talking about Congress, where as you clearly are. And Democrats have a gigantic lead there.

Your second link is o your own failed thread where you are quoting a rumor of a rumor about who started a rumor.

You are far to old to be arguing a fallacy that deep, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or