U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2014, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,237,332 times
Reputation: 7950

Advertisements


Mia Love wins Historic Congressional Election in Utah - YouTube

she exudes class as she thanks her opponent. Mia Love is a poet making references back to previous speeches and the theme of 'run with me.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2014, 10:53 PM
 
Location: WY
5,206 posts, read 3,739,974 times
Reputation: 5876
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Mia Love wins Historic Congressional Election in Utah - YouTube

she exudes class as she thanks her opponent. Mia Love is a poet making references back to previous speeches and the theme of 'run with me.'
Your Mia Love love () has always been a bit over the top Wutitiz, but I have to tell you something. I watch her and I don't see a black or a woman or even a Republican. I see someone with an open face, an enviable self confidence and someone who believes in what she is saying. She's bright and shiny and new and as enthusiastic as a speckled puppy.

She might as well be singing the Spar Spangled Banner while serving up slices of apple pie. And you know what? I'm a sucker for that crap and I'm buying into it. At least for now. I have hope. And after listening to the angry Obama, and the bat-sh*t crazy Pelosi and Reid, and after watching the race baiting and the gender baiting and the apologists and the dividers and the crazies who have driven completely off the rails for far too many years, I have hope.

I hope that she, and all the other speckled puppies can remind Americans about who and what we were, and what we still are.

I'll be cynical again tomorrow. Tonight I've bought into the Mia Love love as well. And I continue to have hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2014, 11:31 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,245 posts, read 11,496,075 times
Reputation: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Your Mia Love love () has always been a bit over the top Wutitiz, but I have to tell you something. I watch her and I don't see a black or a woman or even a Republican. I see someone with an open face, an enviable self confidence and someone who believes in what she is saying. She's bright and shiny and new and as enthusiastic as a speckled puppy.

She might as well be singing the Spar Spangled Banner while serving up slices of apple pie. And you know what? I'm a sucker for that crap and I'm buying into it. At least for now. I have hope. And after listening to the angry Obama, and the bat-sh*t crazy Pelosi and Reid, and after watching the race baiting and the gender baiting and the apologists and the dividers and the crazies who have driven completely off the rails for far too many years, I have hope.

I hope that she, and all the other speckled puppies can remind Americans about who and what we were, and what we still are.

I'll be cynical again tomorrow. Tonight I've bought into the Mia Love love as well. And I continue to have hope.
How exactly did Barack Obama, Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi race or gender bait ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2014, 11:36 PM
 
Location: WY
5,206 posts, read 3,739,974 times
Reputation: 5876
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How exactly did Barack Obama, Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi race or gender bait ?
Play your stupid game with someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2014, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,245 posts, read 11,496,075 times
Reputation: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Play your stupid game with someone else.
So you can not articulate your argument? Just say that. Dont insult others because of your short fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2014, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,245 posts, read 11,496,075 times
Reputation: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Mia Love wins Historic Congressional Election in Utah - YouTube

she exudes class as she thanks her opponent. Mia Love is a poet making references back to previous speeches and the theme of 'run with me.'
This was actually a beautiful speech(up until the 7 minute mark), but it shows the hypocrisy of Republicans.

If a Black Democrat had made that speech in say New Hampshire( i dont think they have ever had a black member of congress), Republicans would have been all over it saying she/he was touting their race and dividing America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2014, 12:06 AM
 
18,069 posts, read 11,075,627 times
Reputation: 9419
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
She's bright and shiny and new and as enthusiastic as a speckled puppy.

She might as well be singing the Spar Spangled Banner while serving up slices of apple pie. And you know what? I'm a sucker for that crap and I'm buying into it. At least for now. I have hope. And after listening to the angry Obama, and the bat-sh*t crazy Pelosi and Reid, and after watching the race baiting and the gender baiting and the apologists and the dividers and the crazies who have driven completely off the rails for far too many years, I have hope.
The gushing is just laughable. Republican translation: See America? I'm not racist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This was actually a beautiful speech(up until the 7 minute mark), but it shows the hypocrisy of Republicans.

If a Black Democrat had made that speech in say New Hampshire( i dont think they have ever had a black member of congress), Republicans would have been all over it saying she/he was touting their race and dividing America.
Exactly.

Last edited by Seacove; 11-10-2014 at 12:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2014, 12:26 AM
 
Location: WY
5,206 posts, read 3,739,974 times
Reputation: 5876
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This was actually a beautiful speech(up until the 7 minute mark), but it shows the hypocrisy of Republicans.

If a Black Democrat had made that speech in say New Hampshire( i dont think they have ever had a black member of congress), Republicans would have been all over it saying she/he was touting their race and dividing America.
No Democrat of any color would have ever made that speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2014, 12:27 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,245 posts, read 11,496,075 times
Reputation: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
No Democrat of any color would have ever made that speech.
You have a right to your opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2014, 12:28 AM
 
Location: WY
5,206 posts, read 3,739,974 times
Reputation: 5876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The gushing is just laughable. Republican translation: See America? I'm not racist!

Exactly.
You made 104 posts on this site today. Keep shooting your mouth, and proving the point I made in another thread about "some" Democrats who are hateful losers who have overplayed their hand. Keep proving to people exactly what your ilk (I don't think I've ever used that word before, but somehow it seems to fit with you) are all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top