Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 07:20 AM

640 posts, read 816,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Sure, call them racists. State that elected and then reelected Bobby Jindal by 66%. What a bunch of racists.
He's a puppet for the rich and even some of them now wish they would not have elected him to a 2nd term. It is what it is. By the way don't try to act like Louisiana's not a racist state. Please

Old 11-18-2014, 07:29 AM

Although that is some power its not the same power as being the CHAIRMAN which Landrieu is. I wonder why they did not offer him the chairman spot if he suplants Landrieu? Now that would be saying something. Also, of course they would "PROMISE" him a slot on Energy Committee to better his chances of winning the Senate seat, but I wouldn't be surprised and neither should you if he never sits on the committee. Fickle Louisianians.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:00 AM

893 posts, read 881,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Here's a good piece from politico on the runoff

Does Mary Landrieu have a prayer? - James Hohmann - POLITICO

Bottom line: it is all but certain that this will be another GOP seat after Dec. 7. The Tea Partier who siphoned off 15% is campaigning for Bill Cassidy. Cassidy is running pretty far to the right for the runoff. Yesterday he had an event with Sarah Palin and Phil Robertson of 'Duck Dynasty.' This is really good news to me, as it means one more actual conservative voice in the Senate.
that was what I noticed on election night. It certainly seemed that there was a good chunk that would vote for Cassidy in the runoff.

this lady is a disaster. Whoever advises her should be fired.

Her fiasco with the pipeline is just further proof that true liberals cannot be trusted. They will do or say anything to further their agenda.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:03 AM

893 posts, read 881,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
He's a puppet for the rich and even some of them now wish they would not have elected him to a 2nd term. It is what it is. By the way don't try to act like Louisiana's not a racist state. Please
"a racist state". You guys need to get your faux outrage organized better. Liberals are just a clown show. all you have is race baiting. THAT'S IT. Pretty sad

Old 11-18-2014, 08:20 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,034,449 times
Your arguments are so weak, almost as weak as Ms Landrieu.

1. Ms Landrieu got her chairmanship all the way back in February - of this year. Some power.
2. Ms Landrieu in her new powerful position is having trouble mustering enough votes for the Senate version of the Keystone Pipeline bill. LOL about that power.
3. Ms landrieu comes from a political family, so she is no friend of the common man.
Quote:
The family name Landrieu (/ˈlændruː/ lan-drew) is a prominent name in the politics of the state of Louisiana, and may refer to:
Moon Landrieu (born 1930), former mayor of New Orleans 1970-1978, former Secretary of HUD in the Carter Administration 1980- 1982 and former 4th Circuit Court of appeals Judge.
Mary Landrieu (born 1955), daughter of Moon Landrieu, and a United States Senator from Louisiana, previously served as State treasurer and house of representatives.
Mitch Landrieu (born 1960), son of Moon Landrieu and is the current mayor of New Orleans, previously served as Lieutenant Governor and State Legislator.
Landrieu family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Although that is some power its not the same power as being the CHAIRMAN which Landrieu is. I wonder why they did not offer him the chairman spot if he suplants Landrieu? Now that would be saying something. Also, of course they would "PROMISE" him a slot on Energy Committee to better his chances of winning the Senate seat, but I wouldn't be surprised and neither should you if he never sits on the committee. Fickle Louisianians.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
"a racist state". You guys need to get your faux outrage organized better. Liberals are just a clown show. all you have is race baiting. THAT'S IT. Pretty sad

Number one, prove its not a racist state? Number two, Liberals got issues too just like Conservatives. And lastly "race baiting"? Please, anything but. The truth will set you free my friend. Also pretty sad you can't call a spade a spade.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Your arguments are so weak, almost as weak as Ms Landrieu.

1. Ms Landrieu got her chairmanship all the way back in February - of this year. Some power.
2. Ms Landrieu in her new powerful position is having trouble mustering enough votes for the Senate version of the Keystone Pipeline bill. LOL about that power.
3. Ms landrieu comes from a political family, so she is no friend of the common man.
Landrieu family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And your point is?

Old 11-18-2014, 08:52 AM

3,951 posts, read 7,172,532 times
Quote:
Also pretty sad you can't call a spade a spade.
That's not very PC my friend.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
That's not very PC my friend.
Huh?

Old 11-18-2014, 10:47 AM

15,972 posts, read 9,347,516 times
Quote:
Number one, prove its not a racist state?
You're the one that made the allegation. I'd say the burden of proof would be on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections