Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 04:07 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times

Advertisements

On November 4, 2014, Americans voted to punish the party in power for not fixing the mess caused by the other party, which was pushing the same policies that caused the mess they elected the party in power to fix.

Anyone have a rational explanation for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 04:25 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Yep we were all unhappy with Bushocare

I have sympathy for Obama in this sense. He, like Reagan, inherited an economy in free fall, and even though his economy has been in recovery he has been plagued by stubbornly high unemployment. The difference between the two is that Reagan's unemployment numbers dropped into his second term through real job growth, meaning businesses actually hiring people. Obama's unemployment numbers have begun to drop in no small part to retirement, replacement of good jobs with part time jobs, and people dropping out of the job market.

Maybe if Obama had not hung his hat on TARP 2, not on what did he call that program? The one that would lead to recovery by funding all those shovel ready jobs? As far as I could tell, the only jobs created were those making signs announcing the program. Saw a few of those around here. Insignificant projects. We have a couple new bicycle lanes.

Besides, with the Dems losing control of the Senate, maybe we can get some legislation passed for a change.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:03 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
The explanation is that you're still trying to process the massive biotch slap your side got. I can't think of another explanation for such a worthless thread.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:49 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
OP needs to provide at least a scintilla of evidence for multi-layered premises before this is worth a response. Was this election about the economy (presumably what the OP means by 'the mess left behind by the other party') or was it about other matters such as Obamacare (GOP had nothing to do with that) or maybe an accretion of debacles such as handling of Ebola, Secret Service fail, border crisis, etc.

There could be some answers in exit polling, but apparently OP did not have time to find them, so I don't have time to respond.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
How did this "other party" "cause" the mess you speak of ?

Old 11-16-2014, 07:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
On November 4, 2014, Americans voted to punish the party in power for not fixing the mess caused by the other party, which was pushing the same policies that caused the mess they elected the party in power to fix.

The fact that you are still this upset and angry about the crushing loss that democrats took makes me happier than I can describe.

Your failure is good for this country and you've been doing a whole lot of failing.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Both parties suck. What's to figure out?

Old 11-16-2014, 09:37 PM

169 posts, read 124,193 times
Quote:

You could start by having a rational premise for both your analysis and conclusions.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:

Well perhaps the voters learned more about the mess and who/what caused it. I think many issues are not really clear as to how voters feel until they see the vote results. Gay marriage in blue California ;now the Oregon voters rejecting issue on ballot to allow illegal driver license by 2-1 margin. I'd say perhaps Democrats have misjudged what voters really are concerned about. Even women vote turned on them this election according to exit polls showing they have loss votes there. Some say the passing of ACA by pure Democratic vote will be the gift that keeps on giving to Republicans as people see its real effects as a wealth transfer and not fixing what was the real problems.

Last edited by texdav; 11-16-2014 at 10:18 PM..

Old 11-17-2014, 07:53 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:

My family members, who are long-term almost blindingly loyal voters of "the party in power" that you speak of, chose not to vote this time because they, and most of their neighbors, personally are worse off financially now than in 2008, when they thought they were electing a savior. No community has suffered greater economic losses than the president's base. They didn't want to vote for the other party, so they didn't vote and therefore let people like me decide. Not voting is voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections