U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-22-2014, 11:02 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,233,084 times
Reputation: 7950

Advertisements

I post this link again. This is not coming from me, a right winger, but from the Washington Post
Two midterm elections have hollowed out the Democratic Party - The Washington Post

Quote:
As the post-Obama era nears, the Democrats’ best-known leaders in Washington are almost entirely from an older generation, from the vice presidency to most of the major leadership offices in the House and Senate
Quote:
But don’t blame Clinton for these problems. The party’s national bench is so thin that Democrats count themselves lucky to have her available in 2016. If she were to decide not to run, the Democrats would have trouble identifying a field of candidates as extensive as Republicans are likely to put up in the coming presidential race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2014, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,244 posts, read 11,491,119 times
Reputation: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
OK well we can come up with all kinds of battling metrics. Well see who is running when the primaries start, and calculate the averages on both sides then. Until then it's an exercise in speculation either way.
Im really dont care about battling metrics. How old a candidate is shouldnt matter. Its what they bring to the table. A good candidate can be 46 or 64. I dont care. I mean, i understand you do, but you are arguing your point as if;1. Age is a bad thing, and 2. with speculation, which is a flawed argument.


Quote:
BTW also..re 'BS counting system.' It's just a fact. Earthly provided the link and research. Of those in Congress (both chambers) who are 30-39, 7 of 11 are GOP. Of those who are 40-49, 14 of 18 are GOP. How is that a 'BS counting system?' In fact how is it even a 'counting system?'
no, its BS because its wrong( I googled congressional ages.) and because the majority of people when they rank things go by 5's and 10's. When you dont go by those numbers its usually for one of 2 reasons.

1. Because you have an odd number of things to rank

2. Because you are trying to skew your numbers.



Quote:
BTW you forgot about about Elise Stefanik.(R,NY) She is now the youngest US House member, or will be when sworn in.

I didnt forget her, more so that I was looking at a list of current congressmen/women. She technically doesnt take office until january.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2014, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,244 posts, read 11,491,119 times
Reputation: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I post this link again. This is not coming from me, a right winger, but from the Washington Post
Two midterm elections have hollowed out the Democratic Party - The Washington Post
Your link does not negate my argument or prove yours, your link is about Clinton's overwhelming inevitability. if Hillary had not been in the spot light as the next Democratic Nominee, there would have been a more well known field of Democratic Candidates as they would be out there campaigning like the republicans are.

Last edited by dsjj251; 11-22-2014 at 11:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2014, 11:12 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,233,084 times
Reputation: 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
i also discovered something while doing some research. Earthly Fathers weird way of counting congress isnt even right

Patrick Murphy, Tulsi Gabbard, Eric Swalwell, Joe Kennedy,Kyrsten Sinema,Grace Meng, and Jared Polis are all Democrats and all under 40 in the House of represenatives.

Thats 7.
It could be that he was counting that he was looking at the 114th, and you at the 113th, or vice versa. I don't know. We would have to ask him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2014, 05:01 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,194 posts, read 16,582,108 times
Reputation: 8847
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
He is the solution, IMO. And if he runs, he will have my vote. What a refreshing change from the depressing Clinton-Bush prospective face-off

Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb Announces 2016 Exploratory Committee - NBC News

If you are interested in what this man, an officer and a gentleman, is all about, here is his site. If you think you can get behind him, please take the time to email him supporting his candidacy. He needs to hear from the people.

Jim Webb
He's totally uninspiring, boring, frankly. Who is he? Never heard of him before now. So, he was Secretary of the Navy under Reagan. So what? That doesn't give him any special credentials. Besides, he's a Democrat, which is a huge negative. I think we've had enough of Democrat ideology. It has just about ruined our county.

"Progressivism" was soundly rejected in the mid-term election. Enough is enough. It's time to return to Conservative principles and bury "Progressives" for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2014, 06:09 AM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,233,084 times
Reputation: 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He's totally uninspiring, boring, frankly. Who is he? Never heard of him before now. So, he was Secretary of the Navy under Reagan. So what? That doesn't give him any special credentials. Besides, he's a Democrat, which is a huge negative. I think we've had enough of Democrat ideology. It has just about ruined our county.

"Progressivism" was soundly rejected in the mid-term election. Enough is enough. It's time to return to Conservative principles and bury "Progressives" for good.
He was Navy Sec'y for 1 year under Reagan. He resigned because he objected to budget cuts.
Navy Secretary Resigns Over Budget Cutbacks : Webb Says He Can't Back Carlucci, Plan to Mothball 16 Ships - Los Angeles Times

He went on to be a one term US senator thanks to media harping over 'macacca.' Still I would strongly prefer Webb over Hillary, Warren, or Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2014, 06:23 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,194 posts, read 16,582,108 times
Reputation: 8847
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
He was Navy Sec'y for 1 year under Reagan. He resigned because he objected to budget cuts.
Navy Secretary Resigns Over Budget Cutbacks : Webb Says He Can't Back Carlucci, Plan to Mothball 16 Ships - Los Angeles Times

He went on to be a one term US senator thanks to media harping over 'macacca.' Still I would strongly prefer Webb over Hillary, Warren, or Biden.
Ohhhhhh, he's the "macacca" guy?

Well, absolutely (bolded). But, after what we have been through with B.H.O., I don't know if any Democrat has a chance, because most of them believe as B.H.O. does; they are all "Progressive" swine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2014, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 13,166,294 times
Reputation: 3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Ohhhhhh, he's the "macacca" guy?

Well, absolutely (bolded). But, after what we have been through with B.H.O., I don't know if any Democrat has a chance, because most of them believe as B.H.O. does; they are all "Progressive" swine.
2016 is a ways off..we'll see how the GOP stooges do in the next year or so..I think you will see who the "real" swine is shortly and it won't be hard to pick them out..already backing NSA spying,Keystone etc and they aren't even in the saddle yet..GOP=anti American civil liberties and big business/oil suck ups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2014, 06:56 AM
 
3,378 posts, read 3,236,422 times
Reputation: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
He is the solution, IMO. And if he runs, he will have my vote. What a refreshing change from the depressing Clinton-Bush prospective face-off

Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb Announces 2016 Exploratory Committee - NBC News

If you are interested in what this man, an officer and a gentleman, is all about, here is his site. If you think you can get behind him, please take the time to email him supporting his candidacy. He needs to hear from the people.

Jim Webb
This is probably going to be good news for the republicans and the country. If Webb runs, he will have to bring out the big guns vs Hillary in the primaries. This will force the hands of Hillary to "defend" her positions on all the issues. If Hillary still wins the primaries she will be exposed as a flawed (or fraud) candidate. The problem for Webb is that he will be a hard guy to rally around because he is a white male... This is very ironic don't you think. If he wins the primaries then it gets interesting because he will likely be running against another white male. How will the (at least 50%) ignorant voters decide? They both "look" the same./
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2014, 07:06 AM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,297,338 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You did touch a nerve, i have no problem of admitting it, but it isnt because you are right, it is because your arguments are so selective and make no sense.


for example.



That is obviously an opinion, but you post it as if its a fact.



Jim Webb announced his candidacy 2 days ago, before that day, his name wasnt even mentioned in a poll of Democratic candidates. So how in any world can you name him a top 4 Democratic Candidate ????

Kirsten Gillibrand has been mentioned in more polls than he has and she is 48

That tidbit doesnt even matter because its off topic, your argument was based on people who have actually declared for President, not who could, and Peter King, Mitt Romney, and John McCain were all older than the Democrat they faced in November( or who had declared at the time).

as a Matter of fact. Rick Santorum, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, and Mitt Romeny were all older than Barack Obama in 2012, No matter who ran against him, he would have been going up against an older candidate.

your argument is swiss cheese.

And as for who "could" declare, that sets up an even bigger flaw in your argument because as far as you know, Julian Castro could start an exploratory committee (age 40).




7 of 11, and 14 of 18, what kind of BS counting system is that ?????

the 5 youngest senators are

Chris Murphy, Brian Schatz Martin Heinrich, Mike Lee, Marco Rubio in that order.

The Youngest member of the House of representatives are Patrick Murphy, Aaron Schock, Tulsi Gabbard, Eric Swalwell, Joe Kennedy in that order.

so out of the 5 youngest member of each Chamber 3 of 5 are Dems in the senate. And 4 of 5 in the House. The youngest in each chamber all being Dems.
You're just wrong. Elise Stafanik (R-NY) is the youngest member of the House of Representatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top