U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 12:55 PM

5,556 posts, read 5,029,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But your post was about "then".
Not exactly. Here's this little gem that just happened to hit the news TODAY (which in my lexicon pretty much means now):

Clinton Foundation Reports Jump in Contributions - ABC News

Interesting that this and the Webb announcement are in today's news.

And, I don't believe it. But then again, I don't believe pretty much anything that comes from the Clintons anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Not exactly. Here's this little gem that just happened to hit the news TODAY (which in my lexicon pretty much means now):

Clinton Foundation Reports Jump in Contributions - ABC News

Interesting that this and the Webb announcement are in today's news.

And, I don't believe it. But then again, I don't believe pretty much anything that comes from the Clintons anyway.
I don't think this is a coincidence, btw. I think it's meant to add to the perception stated earlier that the Clintons have a mighty machine, "so don't mess with us, Jim Webb".

Old 11-20-2014, 01:26 PM

11,102 posts, read 13,161,530 times
Quote:
I don't think this is a coincidence, btw. I think it's meant to add to the perception stated earlier that the Clintons have a mighty machine, "so don't mess with us, Jim Webb".
Its no coincidence at all imho..and the Clinton's DO have a political machine the likes America has never seen that is lurking in the background,but Webb can get a good one going too from the cross over voters/fence sitters,blue dogs etc etc.

It would really depend on who the GOP backs to run against him if he got the DNC nod..from the GOP offering as yet,I think he could smoke them...Rand Paul might be a bit of a challenge,but if he starts following the herd with the NSA fear mongering horsecrap then his chances weaken considerably imo.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:29 PM

9,995 posts, read 11,642,996 times
Ok, now that I am in, who would be the running mate?

Webb seems smart and principled, and I think he would cut into the GOP vote and get independents. However, he can seem dour and macho. Who would complement that visage? Schweitzer? How about that Kennedy kid?

Old 11-20-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

Webb seems smart and principled, and I think he would cut into the GOP vote and get independents. However, he can seem dour and macho. Who would complement that visage? Schweitzer? How about that Kennedy kid?
That Kennedy boy doesn't have a lot of his own baggage of as yet,seems personable,smart.probably could get some major money to throw into the hat and has name recognition..not a bad thought.we should save these two posts and see what happens.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:

Like I said, when it comes to dem politics, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. Who is Schweitzer? And which Kennedy kid, there's so many of them I can't keep track. You don't mean Patrick, I hope.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:33 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,136,051 times
Quote:
Like I said, when it comes to dem politics, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. Who is Schweitzer?
Brian Schweitzer - former governor of Montana.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:36 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,136,051 times
Quote:

How about Hickenlooper?

Old 11-20-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
How about Hickenlooper?
I don't know anything about him other than the GOP pulling some Rovian crap on him and twisting up some things he said about a prison inmate..probably make him mad enough to take the gloves off with the GOP VP candidate though...is he any count?

Old 11-20-2014, 06:06 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,225,380 times
Keeping in mind how clueless libs came off (IMO) when they touted Jon Huntsman, Webb to my eyes seems like a better option for Democrats than either Clinton or Warren.

The downsides to Webb are a) he would turn 71 less than a month after taking office; b) he doesn't have much of a track record. He was Navy Secretary for 1 year, and ran for US Senate once, which he barely won. That was the famous 'maccaca' episode where GOP candidate George Allen was lambasted as a racist by media after he uttered an epithet that no one had previously heard of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections