Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 07:15 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,700,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
He was Navy Sec'y for 1 year under Reagan. He resigned because he objected to budget cuts.
Navy Secretary Resigns Over Budget Cutbacks : Webb Says He Can't Back Carlucci, Plan to Mothball 16 Ships - Los Angeles Times

He went on to be a one term US senator thanks to media harping over 'macacca.' Still I would strongly prefer Webb over Hillary, Warren, or Biden.
I think Webb got out of the senate because the democratic party was going wayyyyy off in the wrong direction. Webb is a military guy, who is actually pro-military. This does not fit the democratic party platform of 2014. It would be great if he ran as an independent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 10:57 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
He (Webb) might be best as a one term President by choice. I know Obama considered that, and sometimes I think he would have been happy to have kept it at that. The party, and his desire to defend the ACA, compelled him to go for round two. I suspect Webb might be one timer. That does not bother me.
How many times do you see a president run for just one term? It just doesn't happen. As for Obama, he would never willingly give up the perks that go with the office. I doubt he has really even enjoyed the job though, certainly he isn't enjoying it now.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:01 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
It wasn't his age catching up with him, it was the fact that he got shot and almost died. That sort of trauma would cause anyone to deteriorate to some degree, regardless of age. He probably should have resigned due to health after the shooting.
I somewhat agree with you you but I don't think, that early in his career retigning was even an issue, plus he went on to do some fantastic things, like bringing partriotism back to our country, standing up to Russia, etc. It wasn't until his second term he started to go down hill a bit. Oh course the assassination attempt took a lot out of him. I do not think enough to cause him to think of resigning.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:36 PM

10,062 posts, read 12,760,764 times
My favorite song written by Jim Webb is "Wichita Lineman". It's about a football player "driving the Maine road".

Old 11-23-2014, 08:24 PM

29,452 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You're just wrong. Elise Stafanik (R-NY) is the youngest member of the House of Representatives.
as already stated, she doesnt become a congresswomen till January. So it is you who is wrong. And even more wrong when put into the actual context of the conversation which was claiming that there are no young Democrats

Old 11-23-2014, 08:42 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,931,892 times
Webb doesn't have a chance in a Democrat primary. He's the wrong color and has a penis, which disqualifies him in the minds of most Democrat voters. If he comes out of the closet he might have a chance.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:54 PM

29,452 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Webb doesn't have a chance in a Democrat primary. He's the wrong color and has a penis, which disqualifies him in the minds of most Democrat voters. If he comes out of the closet he might have a chance.
there were like 28 white men before Barack Obama( im assuming they all had penises) that completely destroys your argument.

Why do you feel the need to troll so hard without even attempting to make sense ?

Old 11-23-2014, 09:19 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,150,460 times
Quote:
I think it's lovely that he's got a penis.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:59 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,732,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
there were like 28 white men before Barack Obama( im assuming they all had penises) that completely destroys your argument.

Why do you feel the need to troll so hard without even attempting to make sense ?

LOL! Old habits die hard...

Old 11-24-2014, 04:11 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I think Webb got out of the senate because the democratic party was going wayyyyy off in the wrong direction. Webb is a military guy, who is actually pro-military. This does not fit the democratic party platform of 2014. It would be great if he ran as an independent!
That's a good point. Webb might have problems in a Democratic primary. How will they react to an ex-Marine, ex-Reagan admin official, who resigned because he thought military spending was not high enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections