U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2014, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,223,537 times
Reputation: 7950

Advertisements


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1t-CKaXBPU

Tim Scott talks about the 2014 mid terms. Tim Scott won 61-37, a landslide by any metric.

I have predicted this trend for some time, and believe that this is just the beginning.

The Silence of the
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-21-2014, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,226 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1t-CKaXBPU

Tim Scott talks about the 2014 mid terms. Tim Scott won 61-37, a landslide by any metric.

I have predicted this trend for some time, and believe that this is just the beginning.

The Silence of the
So you are saying there is no racism left in the country ?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2014, 09:06 PM
 
Location: In your head, rent free
14,123 posts, read 7,633,758 times
Reputation: 7103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you are saying there is no racism left in the country ?????
He's saying that opportunistic people like yourself who are desperate to keep racism at the forefront of every conversation were rightfully crushed in the midterm elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2014, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,226 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He's saying that opportunistic people like yourself who are desperate to keep racism at the forefront of every conversation were rightfully crushed in the midterm elections.
I did no such thing, but if you are inferring that sweeping racism under the rug will some how make it go away, you are sadly wrong.

We as a nation should be able to discuss racism without someone yelling race card and trying to end the conversation .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2014, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,223,537 times
Reputation: 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you are saying there is no racism left in the country ?????
Not at all. We are barely removed from the days of Jim Crow. I believe that racism in this country is still rife, especially w/ regards to law enforcement.

I think what I'm saying is that the days of Democrats gaining partisan advantage by false accusation of racism against conservatives are gradually drawing to a close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2014, 09:22 PM
 
3,624 posts, read 3,079,818 times
Reputation: 1504
like i said before, get back to me when the GOP is 25 percent non white, then i'll start paying attention.

until then, it gets the stereotype it deserves. a party of old white men. remove that image, then maybe i'll pay attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2014, 09:23 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,957,629 times
Reputation: 5904
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you are saying there is no racism left in the country ?????
There's LOTS of racism left in the US: ask many young Black dudes who want to do things right about how the hood rats say those dudes are acting "white" instead of that "keeping it real" garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2014, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,226 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
There's LOTS of racism left in the US: ask many young Black dudes who want to do things right about how the hood rats say those dudes are acting "white" instead of that "keeping it real" garbage.
I am a young black man who has been told by both white and black people that i dont act "black enough"

so your argument is flawed seeing as you think its a one sided issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2014, 09:41 PM
 
Location: In your head, rent free
14,123 posts, read 7,633,758 times
Reputation: 7103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I did no such thing, but if you are inferring that sweeping racism under the rug will some how make it go away, you are sadly wrong.

We as a nation should be able to discuss racism without someone yelling race card and trying to end the conversation .
I couldn't agree more, maybe you should have this talk with your party since you guys are the ones who yell race card in order to end any conversation you aren't winning... and that's pretty much all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2014, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,223,537 times
Reputation: 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
like i said before, get back to me when the GOP is 25 percent non white, then i'll start paying attention.

until then, it gets the stereotype it deserves. a party of old white men. remove that image, then maybe i'll pay attention.
In other words gtoc08, you will follow the crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:19 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top