Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 10:09 PM
trm

41 posts, read 89,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm View Post
there is no relevance to how someone was raised because if you are BLACK that is exactly as you are treated...BLACK. I am bi-racial and no what I speak, so do not discount his/our culture, it lives within and is not taught, it just is what it is...
sorry typo "know"...not "no"...sorry...got a little carried away!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 10:23 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,899,973 times
Quote:
LALALALALAAAAAAA...MEEMEEMEEMEEMEEEEEE...the fat lady IS REALLY TIRED OF SINGING. There is no way that the outcome of tonight does not reflect the delegates in New Hampshire and we don't even need to discuss North Carolina.... Oh yea baby!!!!! We need a CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!
You mean South Carolina? That's another strange place, like Iowa and New Hampshire.

This country seems to love strangeness. Otherwise, the first round would be in some place like Illinois, Michigan, or Wisconsin.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 PM
trm

41 posts, read 89,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
You mean South Carolina? That's another strange place, like Iowa and New Hampshire.

This country seems to love strangeness. Otherwise, the first round would be in some place like Illinois, Michigan, or Wisconsin.
South/North...you know what I meant. I am a California Native.....does explain anything...just little mistake, get off my back!

Old 01-03-2008, 11:30 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,899,973 times
Quote:
South/North...you know what I meant. I am a California Native.....does explain anything...just little mistake, get off my back!
NorCal, SoCal, all the same Cal to me.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:31 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I believe I know what email you speak of. Trinity United Church of Christ (http://www.tucc.org/black_value_system.html - broken link) is the link. I'd say it would ruin his chances in the Carolinas for sure. But then again his skin color probably already ruined it for him anyways. I'd argue in more progressive states, it may actually improve his chances.
This has sort of been addressed, but you do realize that states in the deep south have the largest per capita black populations in the country, right? Many of the whites wouldn't ever vote for a black man wouldn't vote Democrat anyway, so the skin color of the candidate is moot. Still, if he could mobilize the black vote in states like SC, he might do well. I don't see how the TUCC thing would hurt there. Besides, I don't think the TUCC page is a big deal. And I'm a white southerner. The south isn't as monolithic or universally wrong-headed as some folks seem to think.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:49 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
I think Iowa is a nice victory for Obama, but this victory does not mean he's won and the other candidates are going to go home. Hillary is poised for all out war and I think we will just have to wait and see. Obama had better not get comfortable.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:01 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,416,860 times
I like Barack Obama and will be voting for him. Hopefully he gets the Democratic nomination. He's different and not trying to remind people of everything that's wrong with us and this world, including scaring us. Instead he talks about new ideas and how to improve stuff. A damn good concept.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:32 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
I don't like Obama, and I never would vote for him, but his victory in Iowa certainly gives him and his supporters far more credibility and viability as a candidate than all the Ron Paul supporters who were tauting their phony Internet polls showing Ron Paul with a landslide victory.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:00 AM

1,149 posts, read 5,634,909 times
It is far from over. Giuliani did not do well in Iowa either so we have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I don't like Obama, and I never would vote for him, but his victory in Iowa certainly gives him and his supporters far more credibility and viability as a candidate than all the Ron Paul supporters who were tauting their phony Internet polls showing Ron Paul with a landslide victory.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:46 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
It is far from over. Giuliani did not do well in Iowa either so we have to wait and see.
Rudy is not working Iowa or NH. He is waiting down the road in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections