Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:44 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
I didn't write the article . I only cmmented on it . If you have a problem with it, go tell Obamas 'Pastor Wright ' .

I do know if a white church made these kind of statements they would be sued, persecuted and called racist, bigots and every other hateful name .
Or perhaps if we hadn't enslaved African-Americans, redlined them, denied them job opportunities, made fun of them on television openly up until 15 years ago among myriad other forms of mistreatment Obama would not attend that church because there would be no need for it. And I love "if a white church did this" or "if a white group did that" they would be called bigots. All you have to do is read some of the posts in this thread in order to understand why Obama's church exists in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 03:50 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
IMO, he will show his true colors after and if he gets elected . I also don't think he is democratic at all , just pretending . My opinion only from what I have read . Too many muslims voted for him [ google Obama, muslims ] and democracy with islam is a bad word .
So that's why we've invested so much American blood and hundreds of billions of $$$$$, to bring democracy to an Islamic country?

I guess it really is time for a change, the more I hear from Obama's detractors the more I like him

Old 01-04-2008, 03:53 PM

214 posts, read 473,993 times
Iowa a state in the middle of America has hundreds of thousands of muslims , it is the first state to have built a mosque in 1920s . Many muslims reside there.

Since arriving in Iowa in 2004 former Boca Raton Imam Ibrahim Dremali has opened an Islamic New Horizons School with the funding from the Wahhabist Islamic Society of North America and is taching an Islam 101 corse at DUKE UNIV. .Ibrahim has broadcasted his proclivity for martydom on Iowa television , when ask about the Danish Cartoons during an interview the cleric replied: " Prophet Mohammed ,praise be unto him , to us , he's he's more valuable than even our own lives , own kids , God is No.1 and then Mohammed. When they attack him, they attack-- 1.9 billion muslims, " Dremali said .

Old 01-04-2008, 04:00 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Quote:
Iowa a state in the middle of America has hundreds of thousands of muslims , it is the first state to have built a mosque in 1920s . Many muslims reside there.

Since arriving in Iowa in 2004 former Boca Raton Imam Ibrahim Dremali has opened an Islamic New Horizons School with the funding from the Wahhabist Islamic Society of North America and is taching an Islam 101 corse at DUKE UNIV. .Ibrahim has broadcasted his proclivity for martydom on Iowa television , when ask about the Danish Cartoons during an interview the cleric replied: " Prophet Mohammed ,praise be unto him , to us , he's he's more valuable than even our own lives , own kids , God is No.1 and then Mohammed. When they attack him, they attack-- 1.9 billion muslims, " Dremali said .
... Have you ever actually... been to Iowa?

Also, based on the way the caucuses work on the Democratic side, it'd be tough for a group to single-handedly hijack the process.... which is what it seems like you're somehow suggesting.

Actually, I don't know WHAT you're suggesting.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Or perhaps if we hadn't enslaved African-Americans, redlined them, denied them job opportunities, made fun of them on television openly up until 15 years ago among myriad other forms of mistreatment Obama would not attend that church because there would be no need for it. And I love "if a white church did this" or "if a white group did that" they would be called bigots. All you have to do is read some of the posts in this thread in order to understand why Obama's church exists in the first place.

Nobody denied slavery is wrong ! But where is the outcry about the original slave owners ' who happen to be black slave masters from Africa ' ?

How many whites died defeating slavery ? Which race abolished slavery " white"? Which race through welfare helped to take care of mllions of abandoned by their fathers black children ? Which race set up special programs to help the advancement of blacks ,
, " whites' . What has the 'MOTHERLAND ' did to help blacks ? Most blacks in Africa who live in luxuray are your black dictators and robbers of their people . The ones the radical muslims are raping beheading and burning alive that is .

Which nation and race still owns slaves [ if you said parts of Africa with black slave masers , your right } ?

I am from a long line of freedom fighters and beleive in equal rights for all no favoritism .

So you see it's not a racial thing . Its a people thing, and cultural thing .

Old 01-04-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Maybe they will get it when they are bowing to a strange god . Wake Up America !

Strange god? There are more than 5,000 names for God in recorded history. Which ones are strange? Any that don't conform to your personal point of view?

It's for time those who would argue "my God is better than your God" to wake up. That argument has been the cause of more needless death and destruction throughout history than any other.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So that's why we've invested so much American blood and hundreds of billions of $$$$$, to bring democracy to an Islamic country?

I guess it really is time for a change, the more I hear from Obama's detractors the more I like him

Thats because your not a woman , especially a black woman who will be put back in the very bondage you pretend to hate .

You don't see many black women joining islam, they don't want the burkas, and hoods and subjection . They had enough of the ' hoods ' with the other klansmen .

Although I do agree women should put their clothes back on, but not hide in them .

Old 01-04-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Thats because your not a woman , especially a black woman who will be put back in the very bondage you pretend to hate .

You don't see many black women joining islam, they don't want the burkas, and hoods and subjection . They had enough of the ' hoods ' with the other klansmen .

Although I do agree women should put their clothes back on, but not hide in them .

You said " democracy with islam is a bad word "

I questioned how does it then make sense that we've invested huge amounts of blood and $$$ to bring democracy to an Islamic country?

I'm cluless why you're now bringing up black women, klansmen, and women putting their clothes back on in that context.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:17 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
Small time donors believe or not, like someone mentioned before, he has huge support amongst the younger 20-25 year olds like myself. I especially liked how you mentioned Obama's middle name, but not Edwards.
Johnny Reid "John" Edwards--This is John Edwards complete name. You can get both names from the Wikipedia. There is a lot of other information on the internet that some of you need to be researching. You might just learn why some of us will n-e-v-e-r vote for Obama.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:22 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Johnny Reid "John" Edwards--This is John Edwards complete name. You can get both names from the Wikipedia. There is a lot of other information on the internet that some of you need to be researching. You might just learn why some of us will n-e-v-e-r vote for Obama.
Just because some of us don't share your trepidation doesn't mean we haven't done our research. I live in Chicago, so I have been familar with Obama for some time. I've yet to see any scary story (that's rooted in reality and not paranoia) that has made me shy away from him. He isn't my favorite candidate, but I think he's pretty solid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections