Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:33 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,625,834 times

Advertisements

I'm still waiting for an answer from him. I really want to know. I'm not being judgemental. I do not care if he was thinking of having racial preferences. A lot of people have them. I believe it should not affect who you choose to vote for in the election. I'm as concerned for those who vote because of charisma.

In the case of Barack Obama, it has become clear a lot of folks here dismiss him because of his middle name Hussein. They emphasise it now in almost every post. It is becoming silly. Rush Limbaugh called him half-minority. People will find all kinds of excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Something you should never admit to being unless you are Jeff Foxworthy and even he is not really into redneckism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 09:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,419,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I will put it this way and it may sound odd but Obama has won a state that is less than 4% black. If he wins NH he will win a state that is less than that in terms of black voters. I think he will run into trouble when it goes south to South Carolina because of the heavy black vote there. Black voters are very loyal to the Clintons and they are very influential in the south and Obama may get derailed there. Also it is John Edwards' turf so the white vote that Obama has been counting on may not be there when he gets to South Carolina. It is kind of ironic that, in the end, it may be blacks that derail a black candidate but the way things are looking now, that is what I am seeing.
The word I've heard is that SC blacks have been taking a "wait and see" approach, because they're unconvinced that white voters will support a black candidate. The results from Iowa answered that in strong fashion. I think that SC is now Obama's, and by a wide margin. And if he sweeps the first 3 primaries, which is a strong possibility, he'll probably be unstoppable.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:18 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,520,975 times
I can't figure out if Obama is unstoppable or if Hillary is unlikeable.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:44 PM

451 posts, read 1,225,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
Nobody denied slavery is wrong ! But where is the outcry about the original slave owners ' who happen to be black slave masters from Africa ' ?

How many whites died defeating slavery ? Which race abolished slavery " white"? Which race through welfare helped to take care of mllions of abandoned by their fathers black children ? Which race set up special programs to help the advancement of blacks ,
, " whites' . What has the 'MOTHERLAND ' did to help blacks ? Most blacks in Africa who live in luxuray are your black dictators and robbers of their people . The ones the radical muslims are raping beheading and burning alive that is .

Which nation and race still owns slaves [ if you said parts of Africa with black slave masers , your right } ?

I am from a long line of freedom fighters and beleive in equal rights for all no favoritism .

So you see it's not a racial thing . Its a people thing, and cultural thing .

Your views have really showed who you really are in several of your post in this thread so I will just comment on this one.

To answer your question several whites and blacks and most importantly Americans died and gave up everything to defeat slavery, so what’s your point?

White people had to no choice but to get rid of slavery. How would black people do it with no black legislation and most no rights in the 1st place? The only other way woulda been mass violence.

Welfare wasn’t made to support black men who leave there families behind in this country. White people still make up the highest percentage of receivers in this country percentage wise. So again what’s your point? I will give you one. White people make up 38 percent and blacks 37 percent, but blacks are only around 13 percent of the populations, now you have an argument point.

Blacks that are rich and wealthy that live in dictatorship while the rest of the country is poor. Of course there are. This happens all over the world in all different types of ethnic backgrounds, and I can name a few that are white, black, Hispanic, Asian and other backgrounds. So again I ask you what is your point.

All in all I see that you are a uniformed poster and I'm actually discouraged that you have a vote in the upcoming election. If you could bring me reasons why you won't vote for Obama, based of things you don't like you would hold ground with. I'm not going to answer all your questions becuase you haven't done your research. Faux news and your borderline racist and prejudice ways have made up your mind.

http://www.issues2000.org/default.htm

Go here find some reasons that you don't like Obama besides the fact that he is "Muslim"(which has already been proven as lies by faux news) or he is black.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:09 PM

He is up 12 percent or more in every poll. It's like Hillary is up to bat, Obama is Trevor Hoffman and "Hells Bells" is playing in the background

Old 01-13-2008, 08:36 PM

And Trevor gave up the grand slam!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:08 PM

But....they came back. Maine Puts Topper On Obama Weekend Sweep, Obama Takes Delegate Lead With Wins In 4 States; Clinton Manager Steps Down - CBS News

Big news. Let's ask it one more time. NOW do you believe me about Obama?

Quick Note: Link via Drudge

Old 02-13-2008, 07:20 PM

Geez, now do you believe me?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:46 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,557,423 times
Yep. Sure do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections