Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 03:02 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times

Advertisements

Brownback

Brownback included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 03:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Sorry--I fail to see the significance or how it would possibly have any meaning for a general election. As soon as the GOP starts their anti-immigration pandering for the 'base', they are going to lose any support they may have had.

"Obama’s approval among Latinos is the highest this year."

On heels of immigration executive action, Obama's approval rating among Latinos rises sharply | Fox News Latino

Old 12-07-2014, 03:10 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
A lot of how Hispanics vote is based on the illegal immigration issue. The Democrats are promising amnesty but the GOP is not so they won't garner the majority of the Hispanic vote. Even if they caved into them they still wouldn't get the majority of their vote based on some of the other policies that they like about the Democrats which is typical of most minorities.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:12 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sorry--I fail to see the significance or how it would possibly have any meaning for a general election. As soon as the GOP starts their anti-immigration pandering for the 'base', they are going to lose any support they may have had.

On heels of immigration executive action, Obama's approval rating among Latinos rises sharply | Fox News Latino
Anti-"immigration"? Um no, anti-illegal immigration. Gee, how terrible to pander to law abiding Americans who merely want our immigration laws enforced. Why should any ethnic group be above those laws?

Old 12-07-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Maybe, but Greg Abbott did well with Hispanics in Texas and is very anti-illegal immigration and very anti-Obama:

Greg Abbott Confident Immigration Lawsuit Will Stand

Old 12-07-2014, 03:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Anti-"immigration"? Um no, anti-illegal immigration. Gee, how terrible to pander to law abiding Americans who merely want our immigration laws enforced. Why should any ethnic group be above those laws?
Nah--I'll stick with anti-immigration.

The Republican 'base' does not distinguish--they are just anti-immigrants period. This will hurt the GOP with the Hispanic vote, even if they try to attract them with Hispanic candidates like Rubio.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/08/us...l?src=twr&_r=0

More GOP Senate Candidates Adopting Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric | ThinkProgress

Republicans coalesce around anti-immigration message | MSNBC

Old 12-07-2014, 03:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
This is exactly what the GOP has to do. I know some Hispanic guys through my job and they are basically natural conservatives. They believe in work and family. I know several Hispanic kids who echo my conservative values but just have not realized yet that they are Republicans.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:

The Republican 'base' does not distinguish--they are just anti-immigrants period. This will hurt the GOP with the Hispanic vote, even if they try to attract them with Hispanic candidates like Rubio.

Actually we do distinguish between legal and illegal immigration. You simply believe the talking points you are fed.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:46 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Actually we do distinguish between legal and illegal immigration. You simply believe the talking points you are fed.
Exactly. But as with most issues, liberals choose to lie and demagogue instead of having a legitimate discussion.

Anyone who posts links from "Think Progress" isn't interested in an intelligent discussion about anything.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:56 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:

Only your opinion that you state as if it's fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections