Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 01:35 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Santorum is a fiscal liberal/social conservative--the opposite of what I'm looking for. Club for Growth showed that as US Senator, he was a tax (or borrow) and spend guy.

If he were to get the nomination in 2016, I think I'd probably end up voting libertarian in the general. I doubt very much that I'll have to make that choice, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 06:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Santorum is a fiscal liberal/social conservative--the opposite of what I'm looking for. Club for Growth showed that as US Senator, he was a tax (or borrow) and spend guy.

If he were to get the nomination in 2016, I think I'd probably end up voting libertarian in the general. I doubt very much that I'll have to make that choice, however.
He ian'r going to get to first base this time. Anyone who wants to think: because or the past few campaigns the GOp will go with number 2 needs to rethink this. It amounts to the libs are hoping the Rpublicans will repeat. Santorum, like you say is the opposite of what the GOP wants and the country wants. Last time around it had more to do with: anyone but Romney. The insiders were still trying to talk Christie into running as late as early summer. This is not 2012. I do agree, I would have to vote for anyone other, if he did get the bid, but it will never happen. We have too much talent out there this time.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He ian'r going to get to first base this time. Anyone who wants to think: because or the past few campaigns the GOp will go with number 2 needs to rethink this. It amounts to the libs are hoping the Rpublicans will repeat. Santorum, like you say is the opposite of what the GOP wants and the country wants. Last time around it had more to do with: anyone but Romney. The insiders were still trying to talk Christie into running as late as early summer. This is not 2012. I do agree, I would have to vote for anyone other, if he did get the bid, but it will never happen. We have too much talent out there this time.
And this has what to do with the thread title?

Old 12-12-2014, 11:16 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
Rick Perry has pretty much said he going to run he has said it a few times already

Old 12-13-2014, 05:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And this has what to do with the thread title?
you are the one that brought up the name or have you already forgotten that?

Old 12-15-2014, 08:59 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Was watching Fox News (Cavuto) last night or maybe the night before and they said "the big donors" are going to give their money to Bush, Romney or Christie which tells me the "big donors" are really Wall Street donors and that's because there is a bubble around them and the NY media. They need to take a look at the 2014 election map. There was a tea party woman also on that segment but Charlie Gasparino (the other "guest") didn't let her get a word in edgewise and neither did Cavuto. I think she was going to say, "So then they lose...again."
It is abundantly clear after the budget vote that the Republican establishment is going to shout down and/or starve the right wing of the party. Republican leadership ran to the mics to denounce Ted Cruz. A few hours later, Bush announced he is releasing his emails. It looks like Wall Street has their man.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:05 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections