U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 01:11 PM

8,056 posts, read 4,390,255 times

Advertisements

Yes. Puffiness and bloat in the face, neck and arms can indicate too much alcohol and / or hypertension. Neither are particularly good for the extreme pressure of the Oval Office. Nerves of steel, clear headedness, and ability to weather the constant extreme pressure are necessities of the position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
I don't believe HRC will run. She appears unwell in some of her public appearances of which she's hardly done any since leaving SoS. I believe she went a year+ not making any public appearances before she gave a speech last year this time. If she does run I don't see her having the stamina for a brutal campaign schedule.

As for the minority vote, it is not reliably democratic when it comes to asians (including southeast asians) and hispanics, and blacks won't be rallied like they were for obama unless there is another AA on the ticket (some people have been predicting HRC-cory booker ticket but I don't see it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 01:23 PM

3,317 posts, read 4,300,047 times
Cory Booker won't bring much to the table. And the anti-Wall Street voters won't exactly warn to the North Jersey Wall Street backer. Plus he comes across as too Obamaesque in terms of age, years of office and the fact that he has more rhetoric than accomplishment.

I agree that minority voting might not be as strong and definitely won't be as uniform so the Dems really need to make some play or working class white voters. Who were once their base.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:46 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,445,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
she supported it and she has to defend it come 2016..............she has to tap dance a lot since obamacare is unpopular and the main reason the democrats lost the senate last month.
No she doesn't. She can play off that had she been elected she would have done it differently. And campaign on how she wants to change it. She can do it pretty plausibly too.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:49 PM

34,575 posts, read 33,560,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
4. Keep up opposition to projects like the Keystone Pipeline which would, at the very least, bring many high-paying, short-term construction jobs to this country and, over the long-haul probably help to keep oil prices down.
I just read that Mitch McConnell is going to make Keystone his first 2015 Senate issue. He says it has bi-partisan support.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:07 PM

11,060 posts, read 3,713,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
No she doesn't. She can play off that had she been elected she would have done it differently. And campaign on how she wants to change it. She can do it pretty plausibly too.

ahhh the details she has to face.....tell me what she would change in Obamacare without admitting fatal flaws?

isn't Hillary campaigning to change Obamacare admitting it is a failure or it has many flaws? that's is the legacy of Obama....LOL

just saying had she been elected she would have done it differently without details won't work in the primaries or general election.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:06 PM

8,056 posts, read 4,390,255 times
Indeed. If it has flaws, which it - Obamacare - most assuredly does. Then acknowledging the flaws, even packaged with ways she would fix the law, is very Kerryish. You know, I was against it, before I was for it, before I was against it...or some such tomfoolery.

Solid point.
Quote:
ahhh the details she has to face.....tell me what she would change in Obamacare without admitting fatal flaws?

isn't Hillary campaigning to change Obamacare admitting it is a failure or it has many flaws? that's is the legacy of Obama....LOL

just saying had she been elected she would have done it differently without details won't work in the primaries or general election.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:40 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,445,316 times
Quote:

She has no worries "admitting fatal flaws" because she wasn't president. It will be very easy to say, "Told you so. If you'd elected me instead, I would have done it differently."

And she's not campaigning to change Obamacare yet because she's not campaigning yet because she never even said if she was running yet. And I never said she wouldn't give details. She will have to. But it's two years away and I don't have a crystal ball, unfortunately.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:27 PM

51,608 posts, read 41,563,699 times
Quote:
She has no worries "admitting fatal flaws" because she wasn't president. It will be very easy to say, "Told you so. If you'd elected me instead, I would have done it differently."

And she's not campaigning to change Obamacare yet because she's not campaigning yet because she never even said if she was running yet. And I never said she wouldn't give details. She will have to. But it's two years away and I don't have a crystal ball, unfortunately.
Well she has trouble admitting stuff about NAFTA, her long record of corporatism, past lies of "taking those profits", hawkish attitude and so on and so forth.

Frankly, no real liberal should be able to stomach "George Bush in a wig", it's only the party loyalists that are excited about her.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:10 PM

11,060 posts, read 3,713,801 times
Quote:

Hillary and Obama campaigned in 2008 for a national healthcare reform of a big government takeover. Hillarycare failed in 1993 and its not that much different than Obamacare.

If she runs and I know she will, she will have a huge problem trying to defend Obamacare or flip flopping of running away from it.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:17 PM

18,677 posts, read 17,009,600 times
Obama ran tying himself to ACA in 2012, and he won 61.7% of electoral votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or