U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 09:23 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,475,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Obama was a sitting President with no challenge in his party and the country blaming Bush for the economy still and giving Obama the benefit of the doubt.

Obamacare kicked in after 2012 election and the public discovered how Obama and the Democrats deceived and lied to the public and the reason is very unpopular and the reason the democrats lost the senate in 2014.

Unless the democrats can deceive the public again and make obamacare popular by 2016, I don't know how can you spin this but you are trying here with the left talking points....lol
Both the Republican and Democratic candidates will have to present positions on what to do with Obamacare. With Obama in 2012, the Republicans could run on Keep it vs. Repeal it. With another Democrat, that's not going to fly. I just don't see the issue as an automatic win for Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 09:25 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,330,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
say it with me ,, NO party has won the WH 3 times in a row for nearly 30 years and Reagan did that with high approval numbers something Obama doesn't have.

The GOP has the house, senate and the majority of the governorships.....I say they must be doing something better than the democrat party....
Bob doesn't care for statistical trends that don't favor Democrats. He only belches out the ones he thinks make Democrats look good.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:26 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,330,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Reagan..hmmm..electorate was >15% whiter than 2016 when it will fall under 70% .

The diverse aren't self-deporting, either.
Good thing the GOP won the Asian vote in 2014.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:29 PM

18,677 posts, read 17,096,852 times
Too bad Asians are tiny in # relative to Latinos, especially in swing states for POTUS. W wisely wooed them. Will Jeb?

Old 12-17-2014, 06:09 AM

11,057 posts, read 3,775,019 times
Quote:
Too bad Asians are tiny in # relative to Latinos, especially in swing states for POTUS. W wisely wooed them. Will Jeb?

wisely? W couldn't pass amnesty and neither Obama. Maybe latinos should start voting in the midterms elections better or maybe they haven't figured out that its congress that handles immigration laws not the WH.

Shows you the nation is against amnesty, that's why the GOP controls the house and senate.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:03 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,269,134 times
Quote:
Locally GOP does well. POTUS they stink, and w/o getting 44% of latinos, its never gonna get easier for them. That will take a pathway to Citizenship.
A pathway which the republicans have consistently supported, even though you will not let that penetrate your bias.

Just keep ignoring facts that don't agree with your false talking points.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
61%, Trace. Numbers tell the story, not anchors.
Then care to explain the recent elections and losses by your employer or even the polls taken nation wide that do not favor (to say the least) your democratic party? Or even the in fighting of the dems?

If the numbers tell the story you are in real trouble.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
LOL. Only 11 of 51 states have not voted just one way 7 straight times for POTUS. 4 in 5 have stayed all red or all Blue.
Stupidity alert. 51 states? Last I heard there were 50, unless you listen to Obama and then there are 57.

This certainly puts all of your alleged statistics in question since you can't seem to even repeat them correctly.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:11 AM

11,057 posts, read 3,775,019 times
Bob is a bias democrat who obviously is for amnesty and abortion on demand with no restrictions using tax payers money......lol

The fact is no party has won the WH 3 times in a row for nearly 30 years and the last party that did that was the GOP under Reagan and he had very high approval ratings something Obama doesn't have. The fact is whoever runs for the democrats in 2016 will stay away from Obama just like the democrats did for the mid-terms elections in 2014 which is a negative for the democrats to keep the WH.

Both parties have split 2-2 the last 4 Presidential Elections. The GOP has the house, senate and the majority of the governorships.

I say the GOP must be doing something right with their NO amnesty and PRO LIFE platform.......something Bob will never admit here.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:15 AM

5,249 posts, read 3,766,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Both the Republican and Democratic candidates will have to present positions on what to do with Obamacare. With Obama in 2012, the Republicans could run on Keep it vs. Repeal it. With another Democrat, that's not going to fly. I just don't see the issue as an automatic win for Republicans.
I don't either.

The genie is out of the bottle and the problems faced by Americans re: affordable, quality, accessible health care are now front and center. If the Republicans want to address Obamacare head on they're going to have to present an alternate plan to the American people that really works. Do they have a comprehensive plan to overhaul? Is it a good plan? Is it cost effective? Is it simple enough (as in not a mountain-high manual of rules and regulations) that Americans can understand and believe in it? Will it be presented truthfully to us? Can we afford it? Will it increase the national debt? How would it be implemented so that the entire system (1/6th of the economy) is not (again) thrown into upheaval? Is it good for Americans or is it good for insurance companies? A ton of other questions people smarter than me could come up with.

I have my doubts that the Republicans can get their act together enough to come up with a good plan and then message it in a persuasive way.. I would like to be proven wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or