U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-15-2014, 06:36 AM
 
36,524 posts, read 16,273,941 times
Reputation: 9801

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Let me guess. You are young, female and hispanic. No?
.

Wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2014, 07:31 AM
 
4,414 posts, read 3,349,646 times
Reputation: 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Heh, Mitt could have won in 2012, but he made the huge mistake of listening to Republican party consultants, and I think now he's realized that he got some major bum steers. He got played. He was indeed a sacrificial lamb...for Jeb Bush. It was too soon for Jeb to run (it's always going to be too soon for Jeb to run, though) and somebody had to be the place holder. No way they were going to let Mitt win, because that would have meant Jeb would have to cool his heels for eight years and by then, more than likely, it would be too late. But they needed a place holder and there was Mitt. I think it was a huge shock to him that he lost.

Rubio? Meh.
I don't think Mitt ever really had a chance. He ran far to the right during the primaries and it's too difficult to then pretend to be some sort of moderate (even he truly is) after doing that. Plus, there wasn't an unskewed poll during that race that showed him having a chance. You're probably right that he was chosen as the sacrificial lamb back in 2012.

Anyway, a Bush vs. Clinton showdown in 2016 will probably result in the lowest voter turnout for a presidential election in modern history. A corporatist moderate social conservative vs. a corporatist miltought liberal... Ugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
58,093 posts, read 40,870,133 times
Reputation: 29752
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
Mitt Says Jeb Would be Toast - The Daily Beast

Looks more and more like Romney will run.
Looks more and more like Romney's a lot more impressed with himself than the public is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 08:10 AM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,736,964 times
Reputation: 5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Looks more and more like Romney's a lot more impressed with himself than the public is.

that is not what the polls say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 08:15 AM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,736,964 times
Reputation: 5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I don't think Mitt ever really had a chance. He ran far to the right during the primaries and it's too difficult to then pretend to be some sort of moderate (even he truly is) after doing that. Plus, there wasn't an unskewed poll during that race that showed him having a chance. You're probably right that he was chosen as the sacrificial lamb back in 2012.

Anyway, a Bush vs. Clinton showdown in 2016 will probably result in the lowest voter turnout for a presidential election in modern history. A corporatist moderate social conservative vs. a corporatist miltought liberal... Ugh!




he ran "hard to the right"....on what? No amnesty and secure the border is what the majority of Americans want except those in the democrat party, la raza and big business and the Wall Street Journal who wants open borders and drive wages down and screw the blue collar class more.





by the way, democrats run to the hard left during their primaries like Obama and Hillary did in 2008 and every democrat primaries before and then move to the center in the general. Both parties do that. They have to win the base first of their party then move to the center for the general voters.....politics 101.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 08:46 AM
 
36,524 posts, read 16,273,941 times
Reputation: 9801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
he ran "hard to the right"....on what? No amnesty and secure the border is what the majority of Americans want except those in the democrat party, la raza and big business and the Wall Street Journal who wants open borders and drive wages down and screw the blue collar class more.





by the way, democrats run to the hard left during their primaries like Obama and Hillary did in 2008 and every democrat primaries before and then move to the center in the general. Both parties do that. They have to win the base first of their party then move to the center for the general voters.....politics 101.
Good post. Interesting that the supporters of illegal aliens call wanting our immigration laws enforced and our borders secured as being "hard right".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,302 posts, read 39,654,897 times
Reputation: 18726
It certainly looks as if Jeb B. has made up his mind with the release of his e-mails. He is also releasing an e-book. Why else would one do that? I think he is a good man and would be a good president whose policies would be close to my desires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 09:54 AM
 
5,556 posts, read 5,040,513 times
Reputation: 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It certainly looks as if Jeb B. has made up his mind with the release of his e-mails. He is also releasing an e-book. Why else would one do that? I think he is a good man and would be a good president whose policies would be close to my desires.
The fact that he's even considering running shows what an arrogant, entitled, selfish, sadistic elitist he is. He'd have to be, to put the US public through servings of sloppy seconds from his brother.

Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 11:24 AM
 
5,556 posts, read 5,040,513 times
Reputation: 3943
Anyway, what with JEB! releasing his emails ahead of an announcement of his intention to run, I just want to say:

HECKUVA JOB, Mitty! Well done on keeping the seat warm for JEB! The Bush cabal sure got their money's worth from those campaign consultants, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 12:58 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
11,435 posts, read 16,442,914 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Martinez has nothing going for her except she's hispanic and a female. That's how Democrats vote, not Republicans. She has experience running something but hasn't run it well.
What do you mean that she "hasn't run it well"? She has as much talent as George W Bush did. I LIKE her. She is a Texas-born Mexican-American who seemed to be moderate and uses common sense. She, like Christie did not make an azz of herself by trying to appeal the fed court decision to repeal the same sex marriage ban in her state. She is "likable" where someone like Romney, Ted Cruz, Rubio, Jindal, Walker are NOT.
She is also anti-amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:06 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top