Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 02:01 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The OP based asked, what is the difference between Romney and the Clintons in regards to wealth. That's what I responded to. I don't know what Romney worries about, but I can be certain that lack of money is not among them, nor has he ever had to worry about that. Ever. That is an experience that most Americans don't share.

No one here is arguing that money doesn't buy happiness but you. Which has nothing to do with the topic.

the topic is class warfare and hypocrisy from the left and in Capitalism you need money to make money and expand . You don't become as successful business man like Romney if you are not worry about money and how to invest it. If you think its that easy every rich trust fund baby would multiply their wealth quickly by just putting it into a savings account but it doesn't work that way.

Everybody that invests in the free market from small time to big time knows that you can lose it all quickly and if you don't think business people worry about money then you don't know how the economy and investment works but then again that is the narrative you repeat from the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 08:58 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
The Clinton's WORKED for it. They weren't born into a silver cocoon like Romney. Big Difference.
Actually, they lied, cheated, stole and quite possibly murdered their way into it. But I get your point.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:06 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,028 times
I really can't imagine Mr. or Mrs. Clinton telling a room full of college students that they should all start their own businesses by 'borrowing $20,000 from your parents'.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:06 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Actually, they lied, cheated, stole and quite possibly murdered their way into it. But I get your point.
Well, sure, according to the wingnuts and conspiracy theorists. To the normal sane people, they achieved their wealth through their own hard work. Mr. Romney, on the other hand, was spared all that hard work by being born into it, along with all the privilege it afforded and all the doors that opened to him.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,547 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok, granted, their "wealth" by comparison isnt close, but the Clintons are estimated to be worth close to $100 million..

If you vote for them, while objecting to Romney cause he couldnt relate to the people due to his vast wealth, you're a hypocrite..
Thats a false equivalency.

Hillary and Bill didnt grow up rich, they became rich in their adulthood. And just to be clear, no one didnt vote for Romney because he was wealthy, but because he couldnt relate( more specifically because his policies wont work).

Old 12-18-2014, 01:36 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok, granted, their "wealth" by comparison isnt close, but the Clintons are estimated to be worth close to $100 million..

If you vote for them, while objecting to Romney cause he couldnt relate to the people due to his vast wealth, you're a hypocrite..
If you can't understand the difference between someone being rich and someone not being able to relate to people you shouldn't be posting these trolls.

The real hypocrite in your little scenario is Mittens himself who demonstrated in support of both the Vietnam War and the draft that manned it yet conveniently avoided both. I don't give a rat's ass how much $$$ he does/doesn't have, I care about his utter failure to support his alleged beliefs.

Last edited by burdell; 12-18-2014 at 01:54 PM..

Old 12-18-2014, 05:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The Clintons are self-made. Romney is a trust fund baby, born into wealth, with all the doors that opened for him to amass even more wealth. There is a difference when you have to actually create your own wealth as opposed to being born into it. The former can absolutely relate to the average American because that's where they came from. The latter...not so much.
The Clintons have their wealth due to their relationship with government, which is quite ironic considering the left tries to use government to make us all equal..

Old 12-18-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If you can't understand the difference between someone being rich and someone not being able to relate to people you shouldn't be posting these trolls.

The real hypocrite in your little scenario is Mittens himself who demonstrated in support of both the Vietnam War and the draft that manned it yet conveniently avoided both. I don't give a rat's ass how much $$$ he does/doesn't have, I care about his utter failure to support his alleged beliefs.
I'm not the one who said they wouldnt vote for someone because they are rich..

reseponse FAIL..

But good attempt at trying to justify the left voting for the wealthy, cough, hypocracy..

Old 12-18-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Thats a false equivalency.

Hillary and Bill didnt grow up rich, they became rich in their adulthood. And just to be clear, no one didnt vote for Romney because he was wealthy, but because he couldnt relate( more specifically because his policies wont work).
They became rich by their association with government, which dispute the notion that government is there to even the playing field so the poor can succeed.

Arent you ashamed at the complete and total failure of government to stop rich evil people like the Clintons from obtaining even more wealth?

So what you are suggesting is that the Chelsea Clinton, should she ever decide to enter into politics, would be laughed at and ridiculed simply because clearly she grew up rich.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:02 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
I really can't imagine Mr. or Mrs. Clinton telling a room full of college students that they should all start their own businesses by 'borrowing $20,000 from your parents'.
+10. Seriously. "Out of touch" does not even begin to describe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections