U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 08:44 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,290,093 times

Advertisements

The LWNJs seem to be terrified of Marco Rubio, might have to give him a second look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 08:55 PM

22,047 posts, read 9,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The LWNJs seem to be terrified of Marco Rubio, might have to give him a second look.
By all means -- do. FL GOP is throwing support behind Jeb. Dems think Rubio is a fascist jerk. His favorability rating among republicans is 3%. He definitely should be the guy.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:05 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,290,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
By all means -- do. FL GOP is throwing support behind Jeb. Dems think Rubio is a fascist jerk. His favorability rating among republicans is 3%. He definitely should be the guy.
President Rubio sounds good to me. He couldn't possibly be worse than the imbecile you voted for twice. But who could?

Old 12-18-2014, 09:13 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,217,478 times
Quote:
Sure--really smart people would have Rubio run. Because his popularity among Republicans has recently gone from 4% to 3%. Makes total sense in some bizarro world.

Marco Rubio - Latest 2014 Polls and Approval Ratings - POLITICO

An approval rating for Marco Rubio at this point is meaningless. Most people would have no idea who he is. What was Barack Obama's approval back in 2006? I'm a political junkie, and I didn't have a clue about the guy. Even in 2008 there were conservatives who had optimism about Obama. He was after all from the Univ. of Chicago, home of Milton Friedman.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:24 AM

62,616 posts, read 34,127,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Huckabee (Google it, it's there) has indicated that he believes that wives should "graciously" submit to their husbands.
And you're saying they should rebel against them?

Old 12-19-2014, 07:10 AM

2,869 posts, read 2,820,233 times
Of course Kristol doesn't like him. Like his dad he isn't a Zionist tool.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:16 AM

29,287 posts, read 39,598,776 times
Quote:
Sure--really smart people would have Rubio run. Because his popularity among Republicans has recently gone from 4% to 3%. Makes total sense in some bizarro world.

Marco Rubio - Latest 2014 Polls and Approval Ratings - POLITICO
Rubio is even more in the bag for amnesty than Bush. He is part of the "gang of eight" behind the failed Senate effort. I can't imagine him getting past that in the primaries.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:57 AM

18,794 posts, read 14,217,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rubio is even more in the bag for amnesty than Bush. He is part of the "gang of eight" behind the failed Senate effort. I can't imagine him getting past that in the primaries.
When it comes to amnesty, the devil is in the details. Rubio proposed a tough version of amnesty in contrast to the admin's version.

Obama's Amnesty Guts State Immigration Protections | The Daily Caller

We need to find a version of amnesty that will allow an Ayded Reyes, brought to the US as an infant, and grew up to become an honor student majoring in pre-med, to remain here, while kicking out guys like this.

This is what Marco Rubio has been trying to do, and I have no doubt that Republican voters will be willing to listen to that message in the 2016 primaries.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:32 AM

29,287 posts, read 39,598,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
When it comes to amnesty, the devil is in the details. Rubio proposed a tough version of amnesty in contrast to the admin's version.

Obama's Amnesty Guts State Immigration Protections | The Daily Caller

We need to find a version of amnesty that will allow an Ayded Reyes, brought to the US as an infant, and grew up to become an honor student majoring in pre-med, to remain here, while kicking out guys like this.

This is what Marco Rubio has been trying to do, and I have no doubt that Republican voters will be willing to listen to that message in the 2016 primaries.
You're being ridiculous. Obama's EO has nothing to do with it. Rubio is one of the authors of the Senate Amnesty bill. He is one of the gang of eight. He wrote the amnesty bill. His proposal was rejected outright by conservatives in the House and conservatives all across America. He is right there with McCain and the democrats in proposing a path to citizenship - aka amnesty. He has blood on his hands. If conservatives support Rubio, then they agree with the senate amnesty bill. If that is the case, then why did it not pass and let Obama give his executive order?

Old 12-19-2014, 08:58 AM

5,194 posts, read 3,731,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
An approval rating for Marco Rubio at this point is meaningless. Most people would have no idea who he is. What was Barack Obama's approval back in 2006? I'm a political junkie, and I didn't have a clue about the guy. Even in 2008 there were conservatives who had optimism about Obama. He was after all from the Univ. of Chicago, home of Milton Friedman.
Agreed on both counts. We like starting these kinds of threads because we're ALL political junkies, but it's all just a fun little game right now. Way too early to nail anything or anybody down.

I remember the first time someone told me about Obamas' book The Audacity of Hope. I had never heard of Obama. I looked him up - listened to some speeches, read some quotes from his book, began to pay attention to him since he was now on my radar. Initially I was intrigued by him - young, good looking, charismatic, a motivational speaker, initially saying all the right things that provided ME with the "audacity to hope".

And then over time I listened more closely. And watched. He was most definitely not the person I was going to vote for president.

Last edited by juneaubound; 12-19-2014 at 09:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections