Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 09:15 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The last Bush was so damaging to the country it should preclude anyone with the same DNA from holding the same office.
Aint that the truth....or as Barbara would say, "We've had enough Bushes"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 09:28 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Aint that the truth....or as Barbara would say, "We've had enough Bushes"
And Clintons. If those two entrenched families are the best a nation of 300 million + can do then pack 'er up, shut off the lights, and hand the keys to the oligarchs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017
I'm not crazy about JB, but even he would be better than (GAG!!!) Hillary or Elizabeth Warren. Warren is so stinking ultra-liberal that she's sickening.
I was watching FOX in the gym yesterday and it seems that "Warren is a ultra-liberal" meme is on the move. Personally, I want her to stay in the Senate, but on an issue to issue basis, she's a middle-class issues populist. The fact that people think that standing up for middle class economic interests is ultra-liberal is frightening.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Is it just me, or are you also tired of the Bushes and Clintons running this country.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush announced Tuesday he will "actively explore" a campaign for president, an early move that could pre-empt some other Republicans with White House aspirations in the bidding for big donations and public support.

No it's not just you.

Jeb Bush to 'actively explore' run for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
No Clinton
No Bush
No Community Organizers

Sounds good to me.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:37 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,396 times
There are 2 things that elect people these days when who wins Counts.

1. The Media
2. Rigged voting machines

This includes primaries and general elections.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:38 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,008 times
Stupid is as stupid does....the GOP will anoint this clod. I am sick of the Bushes and even more sick of the Clintons. Why must the people with the most money get the nominations? Jeb is weak on securing the border so the open border advocates would drool with him in the WH.....Don't think his family is all that intact with the wife being hooked on pills...a little off her nut so to speak. I am just tired of political royals here. But Warren is a nut job in her own right being almost American Indian...so she dreams. What a crock we push to the forefront....
How about a doctor/businessman for a change? Not just a 2 year congressman/community activist who can't understand simple business/economic issues?

Old 12-17-2014, 09:39 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I was watching FOX in the gym yesterday and it seems that "Warren is a ultra-liberal" meme is on the move. Personally, I want her to stay in the Senate, but on an issue to issue basis, she's a middle-class issues populist. The fact that people think that standing up for middle class economic interests is ultra-liberal is frightening.
Fox always demonizes what the right fears, so it's no surprise that they are starting the drumbeat against Warren. They fear her because she is saying out loud what all of we, the little dis-empowered people out here, are saying--that the too-big-to-fail banks need to be broken up and that Wall Street should not be writing our laws. Funny thing is, that's also one of the Tea Party's causes, as well, but we have become so polarized that they can't agree with the message if it comes from someone with a D after their name.

So now what? Will the Conservatives fight against one of the few voices in Washington who is attempting to stand up to Wall Street? There's a name for that--it's called cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. How ridiculous is that?

I, too, don't want Warren to run for president. I want her in the Senate, giving voice to the issues that most people in Congress are too cowardly, or too bought and paid for, to raise.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:41 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
And Clintons. If those two entrenched families are the best a nation of 300 million + can do then pack 'er up, shut off the lights, and hand the keys to the oligarchs.

Have you noticed that every time an ultra liberal Progressive stands up for middle class issues, life becomes so much more expensive for them? More of them live in poverty now than in decades. Stop helping so much I say. The kids at our local JC are starting to get it....

Old 12-17-2014, 09:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Have you noticed that every time an ultra liberal Progressive stands up for middle class issues, life becomes so much more expensive for them? More of them live in poverty now than in decades. Stop helping so much I say. The kids at our local JC are starting to get it....
So in other words, sit down, shut up, and wait for things to change on their own. Because eventually, JP Morgan Chase et al will see the error of their ways and stop gambling with our money, getting bailed out at our expense when they are on the brink of crashing the economy, walk away with billions of American taxpayer dollars, and go back and do it all over again. Yeah, that's going to happen.

They OWN Washington. They are writing legislation to ensure we are powerless to stop them. And your solution is to shut up the few voices who are willing to address it?

Old 12-17-2014, 09:50 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
A reasonable Republican.

Now, can he make it through the damned nomination process

Old 12-17-2014, 09:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
There are 2 things that elect people these days when who wins Counts.

1. The Media
2. Rigged voting machines

This includes primaries and general elections.
Yeah. Ron Paul would have won if it were not for the media and rigged voting machines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections