Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 05:24 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It looks from news stories today that Jeb Bush is indeed running.
Jeb Bush, shifting focus, quits firm that has profited from Obamacare - LA Times

I'm kind of surprised. I just don't think he stands a chance. I am willing to be proven wrong, and I don't really have anything against Jeb Bush, but I just don't think so. I also think that Jeb Bush would probably be trounced by Hillary Clinton.

Let's let some new blood have a chance: Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Bobby Jindal, Rand Paul, Susana Martinez, Scott Walker, Ben Carson, John Kasich, and Rick Perry. Those are the choices I want to see at my GOP Caucus a little over one year from now.
Most of these New Conservatives have ideals and the energy to make it happen. Democrats on the other hand is depending on the Old Guard to preserve the Ideals of Obama.

Come on! How many more times must we see Clinton say nothing except Kum Ba Ya at a fund raiser. Warren is so controversial she is radioactive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 07:04 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestintheWest View Post
I lean right, but has anyone else had enough of the Bush family besides me?
lol

Yeah. I can't see how this is a good idea. He'll basically spend his entire campaign trying to distance himself from his brother while defending his brother's presidency, which probably won't go over that well in the general election. The Bush dynasty is going to have to wait at least a generation before running for high office again.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:37 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Let the games begin! Jeb may be a good candidate to appeal to D and R. I liked Bush as Gov, but not sure of his Liberal Immigration Statements and he allowed Illegals get DL in Florida?

Let's face it big money applies to both Dem and Rep. Unless one puts limitations on where the money comes from we will never have a election for the People and by the People.

At least Jeb is willing to say " I am running"
Jeb Governed as a very Conservative Governor. Unfortunately he has made a conscious effort to distance himself from those Conservative positions and those who support them, therefore Conservatives such as myself will make a conscious effort to distance ourselves from him!

Old 12-26-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Let's let some new blood have a chance: Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Bobby Jindal, Rand Paul, Susana Martinez, Scott Walker, Ben Carson, John Kasich, and Rick Perry. Those are the choices I want to see at my GOP Caucus a little over one year from now.
My point exactly! Way too many good, young, proven, Movement Conservatives to have to settle for the same old, same old, pathetic, luke warm establishment Republican.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:49 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,116 times
Jindal Bells, Oops Perry, and a college dropout from WI, eh

Hate to have to tell you this, but it's even worse than it appears for your side...

Old 12-26-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post

Hate to have to tell you this, but it's even worse than it appears for your side...
Bill Gates was college drop out. Whats your point?

Old 12-27-2014, 04:37 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:

It's apparently not good for your side either if that's the best comment you can come up with....

Old 12-27-2014, 05:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
My point exactly! Way too many good, young, proven, Movement Conservatives to have to settle for the same old, same old, pathetic, luke warm establishment Republican.
I still have my heart set on some of those young, conservatives. There are 2 or 3 I think can run and make a good showing. If they do, let's not be so sure Bush is the one who will end up carrying the party. In fact let's not be so sure he will actually run. Saying and doing can be 2 different things.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:

Gee, so you have offered us so much to think about, just about as much as my 7 year old great granddaughter would offer on the subject, from what she picks up on the playgrund!!!! Geeze!!!

Old 12-27-2014, 10:50 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
nmnita, The rejected primary cast from 2012 would get thrashed in 2016 and beyond. I hope you were not looking hopefully at folks who already have proven to be losers before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections