Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 03:59 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times

Advertisements

Google to back Hillary Clinton for President in 2016

partial quotation:
The Internet giant already has a cozy relationship with the former Secretary of State due to its close ties with not only the State Department but also the Council of Foreign Relations, of which Clinton is a prominent member.
“It should be noted that the ties [of Google] with Hillary Clinton are especially strong,” Assange said according to Sputnik. “Many of those employed by Google have previously worked as her advisers or assistants.”
Google’s executives are also connected to Clinton through the CFR, a “global governance” think tank which can be best described as a “shadow government” due to its extensive “invitation only” membership of government and corporate leaders.

are you ready for the biased "googling" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
I use bing... if i were a large company I would keep my politics to myself

Old 12-17-2014, 01:18 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I use bing... if i were a large company I would keep my politics to myself
Touche'

Old 12-21-2014, 03:22 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
I don't get my news or any other information from only one source, and I am not influenced either by corporate, news media or high profile entertainer/sports figure endorsements of any candidates from any parties.

I am only influenced by what I hear from the candidates themselves and what I find out about their backgrounds.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I don't get my news or any other information from only one source, and I am not influenced either by corporate, news media or high profile entertainer/sports figure endorsements of any candidates from any parties.

I am only influenced by what I hear from the candidates themselves and what I find out about their backgrounds.
Let's hope we all keep this in mind. I too am only influenced by that a candidate has said and in some cases, his/her past performance or associations. I am not sure endorsements mean much to any of us.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:06 PM

1,553 posts, read 924,654 times

No surprise

Buffett knows that the stock market tends to perform significantly better when a Dem is in the White House as opposed to a hapless republican administration.

I'll be backing Bubba and Hilly with $$$$$ too ... and I would urge my fellow high-net-worth investors to do likewise...

Old 12-27-2014, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
No surprise

Buffett knows that the stock market tends to perform significantly better when a Dem is in the White House as opposed to a hapless republican administration.

I'll be backing Bubba and Hilly with $$$$$ too ... and I would urge my fellow high-net-worth investors to do likewise...
and how many high net worth investers do you know? Most of us who know anything about economics understand the Pres. has very little to do with the market; worldwide actions plays the biggest part. Your screen name says one thing about you, your ideas another.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:10 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Default Now the tables have turned.

What is funny is Liberals speak about the Koch Brothers and other large supports of the GOP , when once again Clinton and the DNC do exactly the same action. Things most be getting desparent in Liberal Circles.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:20 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
No surprise

there is no "stock market" anymore. what you have instead are super-computers rigged up
to push the Dow and S&P, so the industry makes out. It doesn't matter which political party
is in office. The computers fluff ghost bids and keep "buying" and "selling" over and over
to each other.
this is what should be taxed.. it would take less than a 1% transaction tax on all "stock market"
trades to eliminate the personal tax burden and the IRS. but that won't happen, and you'll
never hear anyone allowed to be on tv talk about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections