Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Mr. Huckabee should keep his day job. He will never be president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 10:12 AM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The fresh new face; I totally agree, as for talking out of both sides of his mouth, I haven't noticed that. He may have done some compromising, which is something that has to be done from time to time, but for the most part he has stayed on course.
Anyone who compromises on illegal immigration will never get my vote.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:39 AM

5,341 posts, read 4,429,096 times
This thread is NOT about illegal immigration. It is about Huckabee. If you wish to debate anything to do with illegal immigration there is a forum for that.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:18 PM

99,563 posts, read 4,492,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I can sum this up with two words........."Publicity stunt"
I would bet the same. Huckabee knows what he is doing and realizes he has no chance of being
elected president. However, he can get a lot of ink with these "will he or won't he" speculations.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
I would bet the same. Huckabee knows what he is doing and realizes he has no chance of being
elected president. However, he can get a lot of ink with these "will he or won't he" speculations.
I disagree, I do not think it has anything to do with a stunt, but I am also sure he knows the road ahead is very steep. At this stage in his life, he has nothing to lose. He has plenty of money, I am sure FOX will hire him back if he wants to go that route, and he can afford to just retire period if he goes that route. Some do the speculation, to up their anti, Palin pulled this in 2012, if Hillary were to decide not to run, she has up her anti, but Huckabee didn't have to do anything like this for any reason.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I disagree, I do not think it has anything to do with a stunt, but I am also sure he knows the road ahead is very steep. At this stage in his life, he has nothing to lose. He has plenty of money, I am sure FOX will hire him back if he wants to go that route, and he can afford to just retire period if he goes that route. Some do the speculation, to up their anti, Palin pulled this in 2012, if Hillary were to decide not to run, she has up her anti, but Huckabee didn't have to do anything like this for any reason.
Huckabee has a following.

if the herd thins out before the Southern Primary starts and Both Jeb and Christie are still in the mix, he may be the one with the solid base where as they divide the moderates , a reverse of 2012.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:41 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I'm with you on Huckabee, don't know much of him politically speaking. But I am sure going to pay attention to someone who has a hard stance on amnesty and not supporting it. This Country cannot go on the way it is, friends of ours, on both sides are just furious over these people now being able to get driving licenses.

If people who are going to break the law to get here, have a lot of the same rights as we American's born in this Country, how is this right. Shouldn't we have rights that illegal law breakers should not have. I see a lot more accidents happening.
If hos demeanor will belike the show, Huckabee could be that guy who reaches out on both sides?

Old 01-05-2015, 04:50 AM

34 posts, read 23,215 times
I just watched Huckabee's announcement online from last night.

How utterly disingenuous of him to not mention at any point that FCC & FEC regulations do not allow a formal candidate for political office to have their own show on the airwaves.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:56 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugg Mann View Post

How utterly disingenuous of him to not mention at any point that FCC & FEC regulations do not allow a formal candidate for political office to have their own show on the airwaves.
He did not actually announce he was running , only considering at this point. Sound Familiar (Clinton)

Old 01-05-2015, 05:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugg Mann View Post

ofhs; do you really think he would do that or any candidate would? Most of us know the FCC restrictions. Plus remember he isn't a declared candidate at this time, he is simply considering and putting out his feelers. Obviously you are looking for something to spin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections