U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 05:53 PM

34,599 posts, read 33,585,802 times

Advertisements

Looks like he's seriously thinking of running. They just announced tonight is going to be his last show on Fox News. Let's see what he says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 06:24 PM

12,858 posts, read 6,167,132 times
What do you think of Huckabee?

When he ran for president the last time, he was the only republican candidate to sign a pledge put out by NumbersUSA stating that he would not support amnesty, he would support securing the borders and would support reduced legal immigration.

I find that admirable but...I'm not so sure about him otherwise. If he does run, I will take the time to fully educate myself on where he stands on all the issues---just like I do with all candidates.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:31 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,848,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

When he ran for president the last time, he was the only republican candidate to sign a pledge put out by NumbersUSA stating that he would not support amnesty, he would support securing the borders and would support reduced legal immigration.

I find that admirable but...I'm not so sure about him otherwise. If he does run, I will take the time to fully educate myself on where he stands on all the issues---just like I do with all candidates.

I'm with you on Huckabee, don't know much of him politically speaking. But I am sure going to pay attention to someone who has a hard stance on amnesty and not supporting it. This Country cannot go on the way it is, friends of ours, on both sides are just furious over these people now being able to get driving licenses.

If people who are going to break the law to get here, have a lot of the same rights as we American's born in this Country, how is this right. Shouldn't we have rights that illegal law breakers should not have. I see a lot more accidents happening.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:47 PM

I can't rep you again, c-j, but I agree with you 100%. Something has got to give. I don't know when it became acceptable to reward illegals instead of deporting them.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:00 PM

5,200 posts, read 3,733,318 times
Just watched his goodbye speech on the show. Will announce spring of this year whether or not he is running. Didn't realize that I would be so excited at the prospect. I hope he runs. I would like to hear what he has to say if he becomes a presidential candidate.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:13 PM

1,115 posts, read 596,093 times
Don't quit your day, er, night job, Huck......................

Old 01-03-2015, 08:00 PM

18,677 posts, read 17,019,107 times
juneaubound"Didn't realize that I would be so excited at the prospect"

of his show ending?

Old 01-03-2015, 08:46 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,234,619 times
Quote:

Whats interesting is that Rick Santorum actually fared better in the 2012 GOP primaries. I didn't consider Santorum a serious candidate but he proved me wrong. Huckabee will have to change something if he wants to make a splash in 2016.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:45 AM

34,599 posts, read 33,585,802 times
Quote:

I didn't vote for him when he ran in 2008 because as governor he raised taxes and I didn't like him and McCain ganging up on Romney, not because Romney the flip flopper was wonderful, I just didn't like it. He did carry my state, though. He has some issues with pardons, if I remember correctly and I don't think he's as nice as his public image. He was really snarly on his show with a Club For Growth guy, if I remember correctly. Apparently, Club For Growth treated him badly in 2008. For some reason, I seem to recall that he did well with African Americans. Maybe he was the candidate of choice in the black churches who tend to be more socially conservative. I'm not sure.

He's one of the few Fox News hosts that actually listens to what the guests have to say without interrupting them. Listening would be a good quality for a President. He asks thoughtful questions, too, and by that I mean he asks the questions we really want the answers to and not the same old questions everyone else asks. I have noticed that his guests are somewhat unique, too, but I don't know if that's his doing or he just has really good people on his staff. I might miss him more as a show host than I like him for President but in 2016, I'm not committing to any candidate unless they make it to my state's primary. If he's still in the hunt then, I would consider him.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:10 AM

Thank you for the info, LauraC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or