Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 06:47 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I have been an Independent for almost two decades.
Independents now are one third of the electorate.
They are also the most educated.

I think the only people left in the parties now are the extreme ideologues, yet they and their party bosses
totally control our elections. Most states don't allow Independents to vote in the primaries,
so we end up with candidates picked by the corrupt and rigged system we call Democracy in this country.

It's hard enough to convince good people and their families willing to reform the system like John Huntsman, Herman Cain, Evan Bayh, etc to run in such a corrupted and dysfunctional government, but they sadly they will never get beyond the party control bosses and ideologues to win.
I'd give you hundreds of reps for this comment.....

I just cannot believe that more Americans don't and won't see this, it's as plain as the nose on their faces, and yet, they refuse to accept the facts.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 07:02 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
What kind of person is willing to have the media drag his/her family's entire personal life through the mud, be attacked personally for two years by media and other candidates, work 24/7 for two years, and say anything to get elected?

Only a narcissistic, power hungry politician would endure such indignities. A mentally healthy, normal person wouldn't run for president.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwing99 View Post
The average American's life isn't worth sh1t to a politician or CEO when there's billions of dollars to be made.

Not anymore, but it used to be....years ago, they used to have a whole different frame of mind....
not anymore, your absolutely correct. And why is that? Because there are no jobs, here in this country any longer to create competition....years ago, there were so many companies, offering so many company benefits to bring good workers in....they competed with each other, now they don't have to, and they can treat they're employees anyway they like, b/c someone will be waiting to take that person's place....plus they keep taking more and more away from the employees to make their jobs cost effective, and yet, paying themselves outrageous pays....

Old 02-20-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
What kind of person is willing to have the media drag his/her family's entire personal life through the mud, be attacked personally for two years by media and other candidates, work 24/7 for two years to get elected, and say anything to get elected?

Only a narcissistic, power hungry politician would endure such indignities. A mentally healthy, normal person wouldn't run for president.
Yup.....exactly! TV has become a great weapon, hasn't it.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:06 AM

well, I gotta say, thank you to all of you who came in and contributed to this thread...actually I thought a whole lot of republicans would come in and hammer me, but it turned out that there ARE a lot of people out there who know the truth....please educate your children as such....please, so that, maybe, they will be a bigger part of the majority when we are all dead and gone....but what is happening to our country is pathetic...and the crime is what scares me the most....

If your leaders are corrupt, so will your people be....

Old 02-20-2015, 07:11 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,012,077 times
About the only thing I can say is that another Bush running is slightly better than another Clinton running.

Neither is a fan of liberty however.

Being a resident of California, where the Democrat party would win even if they ran an actual donkey, I get to vote my conscience, so that's some small consolation.

Dave

Old 02-20-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
About the only thing I can say is that another Bush running is slightly better than another Clinton running.

Neither is a fan of liberty however.

Being a resident of California, where the Democrat party would win even if they ran an actual donkey, I get to vote my conscience, so that's some small consolation.

Dave

thank you Dave!

Keep the faith!

Old 02-20-2015, 07:21 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am conservative but a registered independent...and I cannot believe, that another Bush is running for President....makes me sick....
Honestly, they had better find someone new to run the Republican Ticket, b/c he comes from the same family, same mind frame, rich, and disconnected with the people of the U.S. His brother did nothing for this country....nothing....and now, all the Republicans are going to vote him in....I swear, it's a game, nothing more, nothing less....they give us no one decent to vote for.

What's your take?
Well, I felt the same way back in 2000 when we got Gore and Bush whom were both legacies and again in 2008 with Hillary running.

The ONLY redeeming grace if you step back objectively is that Hillary and Jeb are actually fairly qualified reasonable candidates (unlike his brother shrub) certainly a lot more so than Obama was.

So, if given the choice between a competent legacy like Hillary or Jeb and some wet behind the ears candidate with great speech skills.....I'll hold my nose and pick one of the legacies.

The worst thing about Jeb isn't Jeb, it's his brother. I for one don't hold that specifically against him and I think most people with siblings get that.

The worst thing about Hillary is probably that she is as big of a DINO as you can find. Politically, Jeb might even be to the left of her.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:26 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times
Reggie has always been a good runner.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:27 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
I'm not excited about Jeb Bush either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections