U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:17 PM

5,556 posts, read 5,040,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know. Our language is English and only citizens can vote. In order to even become a naturalized citizen one must know English so just what is the reason for pandering in Spanish or any other language?
From what I've been reading, it's pretty clear he's got delusions of grandeur. Well, let him have at it. I tune him out. He's got nothing to say to me even in English, let alone Spanish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 PM

36,534 posts, read 16,280,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
From what I've been reading, it's pretty clear he's got delusions of grandeur. Well, let him have at it. I tune him out. He's got nothing to say to me even in English, let alone Spanish.
Agreed. After Jeb said that illegals invading our country is an act of love he lost me totally. I am sure he is being influenced in part by his Mexican wife.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Agreed. After Jeb said that illegals invading our country is an act of love he lost me totally. I am sure he is being influenced in part by his Mexican wife.
That was one of the most cringe-worthy comments I've ever heard. And frankly, it came off kind of perverted. Definitely uncomfortable.

I don't think Columba influences him much. She's actually kind of a class act, believe it or not. Even though the press bedeviled her when she forgot to declare some stuff she purchased abroad. She's rather shy and tends to avoid the limelight. In fact I'd be willing to bet she's not happy about him running for Prez.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:08 PM

What I worry about is drug cartel influence.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:28 PM

18,677 posts, read 17,035,398 times
kmarc"Why stop with two languages? Break down those speeches and have one sentence in Spanish, one in English, one in Mandarin, one in Cantonese, then Hindu, Arabic, Hebrew, and so on!"

More power to anyone so intelligent as to know all those languages.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:39 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,572,526 times
Quote:
Well that's gonna pose a tough choice for Republicans, because nearly all the current GOP 'frontrunners', are trying hard to carve out voting 'constituencies' for themselves. So they've all done the 'math' re: the changing demographics, and realize the hard fact that they need as much of the 'hispanic' vote as possible… which means softening the GOP stance on 'immigration'. It'll be "interesting"!

Old 01-08-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
kmarc"Why stop with two languages? Break down those speeches and have one sentence in Spanish, one in English, one in Mandarin, one in Cantonese, then Hindu, Arabic, Hebrew, and so on!"

More power to anyone so intelligent as to know all those languages.
Well, that'd be a pretty limited audience.

But try to get what I'm saying here. It's one thing to deliver an entire speech in one language and then another. The people listening will at least understand. But to shift from one language to another and then back again and so forth in the same speech is beyond silly, it's idiotic.

When I lived in Vermont up near the Canadian border, I used to listen to a radio station that broadcast half in English and half in French, which I understood. The music was great, but the news and narrative in between the songs was one confused, muddy mess even with my understanding of French.

He's being a jerk when he does this. Let him go south of the border and run for prez there.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Well that's gonna pose a tough choice for Republicans, because nearly all the current GOP 'frontrunners', are trying hard to carve out voting 'constituencies' for themselves. So they've all done the 'math' re: the changing demographics, and realize the hard fact that they need as much of the 'hispanic' vote as possible… which means softening the GOP stance on 'immigration'. It'll be "interesting"!
Heh-heh, they can soften their stance all they want, I doubt it will convince any Hispanics to vote for them. Not a chance in hades.

Didn't work for Mitty, that's for sure.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Heh-heh, they can soften their stance all they want, I doubt it will convince any Hispanics to vote for them. Not a chance in hades.

Didn't work for Mitty, that's for sure.
But I'd love to see the Republican part go full on Hispander and fight the dems over it.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:10 PM

18,677 posts, read 17,035,398 times
kmarc, W/O gaining a much bigger Latino share, the GOP nominee is toast. 27% ala 2012 will not elect a GOP POTUS, considering how big a lead the Blue Wall already gives Team Blue.

Mitty was self-deported by Latino Americans. How fitting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or