U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 07:11 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,875,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/us...aign.html?_r=0

With the flip of a Facebook switch, Mr. Bush, the former governor of Florida, disclosed the formation of a full-time political apparatus that can begin raising money with an eye toward 2016 and laid out a campaign rationale that was striking for its emphasis on big, knotty, bipartisan concepts like immigration overhaul and

“We will not cede an inch of territory — no issues, no demographic groups, no voters,” he wrote in a statement on the website of his new organization, called Right to Rise. To emphasize the point, and showcase his social media savvy, Mr. Bush appeared on a cellphone video Tuesday speaking both English and Spanish.
No said running for President is easy. Like most of us who watch more closely, I would be interested in his polices going forward and for that matter of fact, all of them.

I am really cautious of Christy. NJ has really bad gun laws and high taxes to boot. I am not will to expand Gov. more than it is already.

The Early Go I leaning Perry. Just have to see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 07:25 PM

5,556 posts, read 5,040,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
kmarc, W/O gaining a much bigger Latino share, the GOP nominee is toast. 27% ala 2012 will not elect a GOP POTUS, considering how big a lead the Blue Wall already gives Team Blue.

Mitty was self-deported by Latino Americans. How fitting.
Nah, Mitty was deported by Bush. The Republican party is toast, despite their recent electoral victory. That's the last hurrah, that's it. Finito. Republicans can try with all their might, but they're done. After GWB, I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:37 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,875,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Nah, Mitty was deported by Bush. The Republican party is toast, despite their recent electoral victory. That's the last hurrah, that's it. Finito. Republicans can try with all their might, but they're done. After GWB, I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

We will just have to see. I Obama Vetos everything and serving Dems do not at least compromise the Dem's will set them selves up for anther loss.

The Big Question and concern of the voters will be action beingg done in DC. The ball in the hands of the GOP. It is up to the GOP to make a difference and set the party for a Conservative President.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We will just have to see. I Obama Vetos everything and serving Dems do not at least compromise the Dem's will set them selves up for anther loss.

The Big Question and concern of the voters will be action beingg done in DC. The ball in the hands of the GOP. It is up to the GOP to make a difference and set the party for a Conservative President.
Yes, we'll have to see, but the GOP is already snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, as only the GOP can, lol. It's pathetic, really. Anyway, they really have nothing for me anymore, if they ever even did.

That doesn't mean I have any love for the dem party, although if Jim Webb runs, he's got my vote.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:06 AM

18,794 posts, read 14,237,332 times
Quote:

Mitty? My first thought when I saw this is that it might be a reference to Walter Mitty. You libs are devolving into gibberish.

LOL @ toast. The GOP won control of the House, now the Senate (by a solid margin), have a majority of state governors, and even state legislatures. But we are toast. Yeah, right.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:13 AM

14,507 posts, read 22,370,207 times
I hope Rubio wins the thing.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Mitty? My first thought when I saw this is that it might be a reference to Walter Mitty. You libs are devolving into gibberish.

LOL @ toast. The GOP won control of the House, now the Senate (by a solid margin), have a majority of state governors, and even state legislatures. But we are toast. Yeah, right.
Lol @ libs. They don't call it the stupid party for nothin'. Love that cronybus, they handed O everything he wanted, cowering all the way. And then had another boner. The repubs have a nasty habit, as I said, of turning victory into defeat. In these last lame duck years, they'll be so afraid of being considered "obstructionist", they'll dance to the tune that the media calls.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:38 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,572,526 times
Quote:
Yes, we'll have to see, but the GOP is already snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, as only the GOP can, lol. It's pathetic, really. Anyway, they really have nothing for me anymore, if they ever even did.

That doesn't mean I have any love for the dem party, although if Jim Webb runs, he's got my vote.
Yep, I like Webb too, even if he does seem like a sorta 'long shot' against the "Hillary Sense of Inevitability". One sorely-needed thang I think he really brings to the the Dems, is the ability to effectively communicate with blue collar folks, whom Libs have too often ceded to the GOP.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Yep, I like Webb too, even if he does seem like a sorta 'long shot' against the "Hillary Sense of Inevitability". One sorely-needed thang I think he really brings to the the Dems, is the ability to effectively communicate with blue collar folks, whom Libs have too often ceded to the GOP.
LOL, and the GOP keeps trying to cede them back to the Libs. Nobody wants 'em, but they're the ones who decide elections, in the long run. I think Webb wants 'em, and he's already indicated this in his interview on Yahoo.

The dems would be blowing a big chance if they ignore or trash Webb, IMO. I'll be interested to see what happens here.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:43 AM

9,995 posts, read 11,653,060 times
Quote:
LOL, and the GOP keeps trying to cede them back to the Libs. Nobody wants 'em, but they're the ones who decide elections, in the long run. I think Webb wants 'em, and he's already indicated this in his interview on Yahoo.

The dems would be blowing a big chance if they ignore or trash Webb, IMO. I'll be interested to see what happens here.

Agreed. Webb has crossover appeal. Like Huntsman or Olympia Snowe on the other side. Clinton has limited appeal to the base, and zero appeal outside it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or