Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:55 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,916,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Doesn't matter. Cruz is for amnesty for illegal aliens and so is Rubio. I posted a link to that fact.
Are you sure?!!! Cruz is loony right wing in everything else. I find it hard to believe that he'd support amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 08:33 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,691,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Rubio is not going to come close. He's not even popular in Florida and his chances of being the candidate are about zero. If Bush is the GOP candidate, he has no chance of even being on the ticket. I think he projects the opposite of charisma, coming off as a cold, fascistic person. His popularity with Republicans has dropped to 4% and Dems dislike him.
Why would J. Bush not consider Rubio as VP?

Old 01-24-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Why would J. Bush not consider Rubio as VP?
Bottom line is that they have too many similarities:
Both from Florida
Similar illegal amnesty positions
Similar views on Cuba
Both are unpopular with the hardcore Repub tea party base

Old 01-25-2015, 07:34 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,691,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Bottom line is that they have too many similarities:
Both from Florida
Similar illegal amnesty positions
Similar views on Cuba
Both are unpopular with the hardcore Repub tea party base
Both from Fla? No problem, Bush is actually from TX
Are you putting them in the same boat as Obama? Not fair at all
Cuba? I haven't heard Bush's stance on this
Tea party? Rubio was one of the original tea partiers. Bush governed as a conservative in Florida. The hard core tea partiers need to listen to the Stones "You can't always get what you want"

Old 01-25-2015, 07:54 AM

62,350 posts, read 28,634,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Are you sure?!!! Cruz is loony right wing in everything else. I find it hard to believe that he'd support amnesty.
He supports it if the border is secured first. As I said, I already posted a link to that fact.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:03 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,865 posts, read 10,400,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This is your response about the claim in here that the GOP is hostile towards Hispanics? You yourself just said they are trying to court their vote.

What's this harsh language and legislation that some of the GOP are pushing to rein in illegal immigration and how does that equate to hostility towards Hispanics? What is this intolerance that you speak of? Are you saying it is being intolerant to oppose illegal immigration?
Geez, read the link… what part don't you get about "the tug of war between congressional Republicans, who are unleashing ever-harsher language and legislation to rein in illegal immigration"?

So regardless what Dems or anyone else thinks about the subject, the point is, that the biggest battles over "Immigration" seem to be going on within the GOP itself!

Old 01-25-2015, 11:48 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,885,062 times
mateo45"So regardless what Dems or anyone else thinks about the subject, the point is, that the biggest battles over "Immigration" seem to be going on within the GOP itself!"

Correct, but ultimately, like in 2012, affected demographic groups will offer the ultimate response..one with true power at the ballot box, as opposed to empty rhetoric for the mindless base folks who are unaware they are being duped.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:25 PM

62,350 posts, read 28,634,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Geez, read the link… what part don't you get about "the tug of war between congressional Republicans, who are unleashing ever-harsher language and legislation to rein in illegal immigration"?

So regardless what Dems or anyone else thinks about the subject, the point is, that the biggest battles over "Immigration" seem to be going on within the GOP itself!
I am well aware of the sellouts within the GOP on this issue. I had asked just what is considered to be harsh language and legislations to rein in illegal immigration and I got no response from anyone in here.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:04 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,885,062 times
Rubio is in the wing who are mature enough to understand the art of compromise, which children refer to as selling out.

All holding out for purity does is swear in President Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Both from Fla? No problem, Bush is actually from TX
Are you putting them in the same boat as Obama? Not fair at all
Cuba? I haven't heard Bush's stance on this
Tea party? Rubio was one of the original tea partiers. Bush governed as a conservative in Florida. The hard core tea partiers need to listen to the Stones "You can't always get what you want"
Im from Texas. People down here don't consider Jeb to be a Texan. The senior Bushes actually moved around a lot when the junior Bushes were young. They lived in Connecticut, California and Texas. George W Bush chose Texas as his "home" because he grew up in Midland and ran his failed businesses there. He also developed a strong Texan accent to dupe the voting people and then was elected Governor when Karl Rove persuaded him that a son of a US President could fool low information Texas voters and win. Jeb Bush lacks the accent and the Texas "swagger". He also made his political fortune in Florida, which identifies him as "Floridian" in most people's eyes. Similarly, we identify Obama with "Chicago style politics"- same difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections