U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 10:08 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,889,655 times

Advertisements

Santorum and Huckabee Perfect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 10:16 AM

23,304 posts, read 11,547,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Juniors Cruz, Rand Paul and Rubio are simply not ready, but I am impressed by Huckabee. I just heard him again on CNN interview, and he is a very bright person, and I think he has a very good chance of becoming the nominee.
He is the definition of a snake oil salesman.

He sounds nice in interviews but in his speeches he is down right vengeful.

I loved his line about the worst place to get information about someone is from someone running against him. I wonder how long he will stick to that mantra.

He also said when talking about regions freedom, that he was against people forcing others to close their stores because of a difference of beliefs, and made the greater argument of hurting an individuals economic status, as if he doesnt realize that not allowing gay people to get married doesnt do that as well.

He also made an analogy about religious people not bothering other people and there for their beliefs should be left alone,Something about forcing a Jewish person to eat food that isnt Kosher and muslims eating pork, which again destroys his argument about gay marriage. Religious freedom for me and not for thee.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:20 AM

22,329 posts, read 9,489,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Santorum and Huckabee Perfect!
It would be perfect for the Dems, as it would virtually assure a democratic victory. The only Republicans who can win a general election would have to be moderate enough to attract the center. Both of these guys are way too far to the right to attract any Dems and not many in the center. This always comes back to the base vs. the establishment being a problem for the GOP. Mitt didn't drop out for emotional reasons. He clinically ran the numbers and knew he couldn't do it.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:27 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,593,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well regardless of what some of us may think and want, I am more convinced than ever Hillary will be D choice. Now, on the other side of the aisle: I keep switching from one to another. right now I am leaning Rand Paul, Rubio or Walker. Bush, Huck and Romney are has beens: Christie is fun to watch, but isn't going to get the nomination; Cruz is too far to the right and not appealing to the younger voters and other names floating around just aren't going to make it past first base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Actually, the only REPULSIVE thing going is you and your preconceived opinions.

As for me, I will wait to see how things develop, how the debates go and who (besides a democrat) goes to attack ads before making up my mind.

There is a long way to go.
So in other words, like all fantasy-based ideologues, Republicans these days are just hoping for what televangelists call "the pie in the sky, by and by"… which is to say they basically have nobody worth running, not even someone that their own rank-and-file would vote for!

Old 02-01-2015, 10:34 AM

63,083 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
He is the definition of a snake oil salesman.

He sounds nice in interviews but in his speeches he is down right vengeful.

I loved his line about the worst place to get information about someone is from someone running against him. I wonder how long he will stick to that mantra.

He also said when talking about regions freedom, that he was against people forcing others to close their stores because of a difference of beliefs, and made the greater argument of hurting an individuals economic status, as if he doesnt realize that not allowing gay people to get married doesnt do that as well.

He also made an analogy about religious people not bothering other people and there for their beliefs should be left alone,Something about forcing a Jewish person to eat food that isnt Kosher and muslims eating pork, which again destroys his argument about gay marriage. Religious freedom for me and not for thee.
If everything is about homosexuality to you, then you better vote liberal.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:40 AM

2,801 posts, read 1,832,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Mike Huckabee, Ben Carson, Rick Santorum ,Sarah Palin
If you want to guarantee a Democrat victory

Old 02-01-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If everything is about homosexuality to you, then you better vote liberal.
Sez the guy with a veritable "laundry list" of hot button 'litmus test' issues!

Although wouldn't it be handy if you could just neatly look thru the current list of RW candidates and only pick the parts you like (while ignoring all their kooky conspiracy theories, racism, misogyny, religious fanaticism, whatever)?!

Old 02-01-2015, 12:42 PM

36,976 posts, read 16,396,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Sez the guy with a veritable "laundry list" of hot button 'litmus test' issues!

Although wouldn't it be handy if you could just neatly look thru the current list of RW candidates and only pick the parts you like (while ignoring all their kooky conspiracy theories, racism, misogyny, religious fanaticism, whatever)?!
Please name these Republican candidates that are racists and proof of it. Thanks.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:11 PM

63,083 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Please provide the proof which make Huckabee conspiracy theorist, racist, fanatic etc. Or don't, I don't care, because I do not vote based on what you think, but based on what I think. I have my reasons to support Huckabee, and if you have reasons to not support him, then vote for someone else.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:34 PM

Rand Paul Has 3 Racist Strikes Now

Huckabee on contraception: Gov't Shouldn't Help Women Who Can't Control Libidos!

Santorum: Pregnant Rape Victims Should Just "Make the Best of It"

Rick Perry: "George W. Bush did a incredible job in the presidency, defending us from freedom."

Of course if you're a 'winger, words like racist, paranoid, fanatic and outright flippin' crazy, all seem kinda "relative" these days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections