U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2015, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Florida
62,765 posts, read 34,215,098 times
Reputation: 10418

Advertisements

Thanks for sharing. I still can't think of any reason why I should not vote for Huckabee. The comment about contraception certainly won't do it.

No, I am not a 'winger'. I think the GOP as a party is as corrupt, if not more, than Dems.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-01-2015 at 02:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2015, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,273 posts, read 11,499,764 times
Reputation: 4306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If everything is about homosexuality to you, then you better vote liberal.
I assumed you were talking about the interview on CNN this morning and that is what they focused on for the majority of the interview besides Mitt romney not running.


And my point still stands, He isnt the person you claimed him to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 02:02 PM
 
Location: I'm around here someplace :)
3,633 posts, read 4,419,609 times
Reputation: 3980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
None of those head cases thanks!
I agree with this poster.
And I'd add the Clintons to the list of no-no's, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Florida
62,765 posts, read 34,215,098 times
Reputation: 10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I assumed you were talking about the interview on CNN this morning and that is what they focused on for the majority of the interview besides Mitt romney not running.
That's what CNN wanted to focus on. He didn't pick the topic, the interviewer kept bringing it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,273 posts, read 11,499,764 times
Reputation: 4306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's what CNN wanted to focus on. He didn't pick the topic, the interviewer kept bringing it up.
regardless, it was the topic of the interview and thats the reason i spoke on it. And it clearly shows how he is a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Florida
62,765 posts, read 34,215,098 times
Reputation: 10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
regardless, it was the topic of the interview and thats the reason i spoke on it. And it clearly shows how he is a hypocrite.
No, it was not the topic, it was one of the topics, and he said nothing what would make him a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,273 posts, read 11,499,764 times
Reputation: 4306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it was not the topic, it was one of the topics, and he said nothing what would make him a hypocrite.
It was a 7 minute interview, they spent 4.5 minutes on it.

it may have not been the only topic, but it was the main topic.

And yes, when you say people should be left to their own devices when it comes to religious freedom and they you want your own religions beliefs to be forced on those people, you are indeed being a hypocrite.

He said it would be wrong to make a Jewish Person eat something that wasnt Kosher, but he thinks its ok to keep gay marriage illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Florida
62,765 posts, read 34,215,098 times
Reputation: 10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It was a 7 minute interview, they spent 4.5 minutes on it.

it may have not been the only topic, but it was the main topic.

And yes, when you say people should be left to their own devices when it comes to religious freedom and they you want your own religions beliefs to be forced on those people, you are indeed being a hypocrite.

He said it would be wrong to make a Jewish Person eat something that wasnt Kosher, but he thinks its ok to keep gay marriage illegal.
There is no hypocrisy. He is not forcing anything on anyone. What is he forcing gays to do? Why should Christians be forced to participate in gay weddings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 04:53 PM
 
36,534 posts, read 16,280,605 times
Reputation: 9803
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It was a 7 minute interview, they spent 4.5 minutes on it.

it may have not been the only topic, but it was the main topic.

And yes, when you say people should be left to their own devices when it comes to religious freedom and they you want your own religions beliefs to be forced on those people, you are indeed being a hypocrite.

He said it would be wrong to make a Jewish Person eat something that wasnt Kosher, but he thinks its ok to keep gay marriage illegal.
It's not the same thing at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,273 posts, read 11,499,764 times
Reputation: 4306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is no hypocrisy. He is not forcing anything on anyone. What is he forcing gays to do? Why should Christians be forced to participate in gay weddings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not the same thing at all.
Who said anything about Christians being forced to participate in gay wedding ???

He said gay people shouldnt be allowed to get married based on the bible. While in the same paragraph saying people shouldnt have to follow other peoples religious beliefs.

so yes, that is indeed hypocrisy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top