Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 AM

751 posts, read 1,178,192 times

Advertisements

I think one of the reasons why Obama and Huckabee won the Iowa caucus is because Americans are so desperate for a "cool" president, someone who is just like your average American, not some George Bush type . Anyways, Huckabee playing guitar at Leno was one of the coolest things I have seen. I do not even know much about his political platform but I would vote for the guy over any other Republican.

Yesterday, Michelle Obama's speech in Plymouth, NH was just brilliant. It was very simple, very real and you could tell people just loved her! For that reason, I have no doubt in my mind that someone like Mitt Romney could never be elected. You can tell he is very programmed and does not mean anything he says, even when he is greeting people, it is very fake and automatic, IMO politicians holding babies is the last thing Americans want to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 08:31 AM

607 posts, read 922,849 times
How did GWB not try to portray himself as the average American? Isn't that why he was elected - because he's the "kind of candidate you would have a beer with"?

I would settle for an intelligent President.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:36 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I think one of the reasons why Obama and Huckabee won the Iowa caucus is because Americans are so desperate for a "cool" president, someone who is just like your average American, not some George Bush type . Anyways, Huckabee playing guitar at Leno was one of the coolest things I have seen. I do not even know much about his political platform but I would vote for the guy over any other Republican.
Oh great! You have no idea what he stands for but, you would vote for him because he acts "cool".

Such a mature way of making decisions!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:40 AM

1,149 posts, read 5,634,451 times
Perhaps. I really hope that is not the case. Cool...http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...te-likely.html

Old 01-07-2008, 09:49 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,338 times
If Americans just want a Cool president things have gotten even worse than I had suspected in this country.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:06 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,403,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post

Yesterday, Michelle Obama's speech in Plymouth, NH was just brilliant. It was very simple, very real and you could tell people just loved her! For that reason, I have no doubt in my mind that someone like Mitt Romney could never be elected. You can tell he is very programmed and does not mean anything he says, even when he is greeting people, it is very fake and automatic, IMO politicians holding babies is the last thing Americans want to see.

Wow. I don't even know what to say. Stunning.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:27 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,650,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
How did GWB not try to portray himself as the average American? Isn't that why he was elected - because he's the "kind of candidate you would have a beer with"?

I would settle for an intelligent President.
Umm he was not elected. He was awarded....appointed....handed the Dictatorship.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:30 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,650,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Oh great! You have no idea what he stands for but, you would vote for him because he acts "cool".

Such a mature way of making decisions!
Whats wrong with his style of voting? Just the other day I read on here some one said they want Ron Paul but since he dont have a chance then instead he will vote for whoever looks like they are going to win.

That is scary knowing there are voters like that out there. I personally have heard people say they vote for the prettiest sounding name since they had no idea what everyone stood for.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:31 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,240,149 times
What happened to wanting someone who was very intelligent and highly qualified?

Politicians are so scared these days of being labeled as an elitist, that they actually try to act dumber.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:56 AM

1,149 posts, read 5,634,451 times
Intelligent people with self-respect do not act dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Politicians are so scared these days of being labeled as an elitist, that they actually try to act dumber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections