Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:31 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times

Advertisements

Ditto for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
We New Yorkers are very disillusioned with Giuliani because we know him for the petty little man that he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 05:45 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,897,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
We New Yorkers are very disillusioned with Giuliani because we know him for the petty little man that he is.
OK, shoot. What will those NYC'ers that find Giuliani to be a 'petty dictator' do with their vote? Are they going with Hillary, or Obama, or Romney, or McCain, or staying home, or going to Broadway? Or, are they fake NYers that are going to huff and puff and cry and go back to London? I'm very interested to know what will happen.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:46 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,896,647 times
I like Giuliani's grit and think he wouldn't make things worse. Problem is, will he make things better?

Old 01-07-2008, 05:51 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
I like Giuliani's grit and think he wouldn't make things worse. Problem is, will he make things better?
I don't like Rudy. He calls people naive. He says Romney/McCain is a flip flopper. He snickers a lot during debates. And worst of all, he listens to the first sentence of a candidate's response and is already working on his own rebuttal before even listening to anyone else. We've already got a President like that. I don't want another. I couldn't care less about his policies at this point.

yes, we have heard all he has to say. 9...eleven.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:57 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,897,707 times
A little grit and snicker won't hurt you among those with even the slightest bit of neocon leanings. Hi, Mom!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:22 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,901 times
Giuliannis plan would be viable if a different Republican won each primary, and then he can he "big" states on Super Tuesday. But....

Florida was supposed to be his firewall, but his once sizable lead there has shrunk and some polls have Huckabee surpassing Giulianni.

Giulianni has been out of the news for a while, and that may be a good thing for him, but bad when he is not even a contender in any states so far. Planning on winning most of the big states is a huge gamble because he will begin to have fierce competition once Florida is over with.

Huckabee has surpassed Guilianni in New Hampshire. That is unbelievable, and is not good for Guilianni. Huckabee will place a distant third probably in NH, but still ahead of Giulianni.

McCain is doing well in NH, which is a much more liberal state - (funny how this 'conservative' is doing well in a liberal state). I dont think it matters much if McCain wins NH in the long run, McCain will not place better than third in SC, and the same in Florida. He will be out.

Romney has the staying power and money to fight this Republican nomination to the bloody end. I predict that Romney and Huckabee will be the ones to beat on Super Tuesday, and Giulianni will be quietly fade away.

McCain will be out after finishing third or worst in SC and FL.

Personaly I still hope that Thompson can pull off an upset.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I'll elaborate more on this part of my statement. I just don't see how he is going to be able to regain the momentum needed to win big late. Which is basically what his strategy is. He's putting in all his efforts towards the last states. He's basically withdrawn from Iowa and New Hampshire. New Hampshire should have been a winnable state for him, instead he pretty much conceded it, and I think that reflects poorly on him and his campaign. I have a hard time seeing how he is going to regain the momentum necessary those later states. By then a lot of people are going to lose interest in him, or get behind someone they feel has a better chance.
He doesn't want a chance to win... he is a democrat in republican clothing, he wants democrats to win. So he is trying to steal thunder from the Republican campaign by attacking them... unfortunately, his buddy buddy Clinton is LOSING... his tactic is now of no use... he can do whatever he wants now cause its all meaningless...

Old 01-07-2008, 08:54 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
You have to admit that Rudy did a good job of cleaning up NYC and dealing with the petty criminals and sponge washer vagrants there. But as a national candidate he is not gonna make the cut. Too much personal baggage.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:57 PM

Yup, he cleaned them up and sent them on buses Upstate NYS, and took a bright big vacuum cleaner and tidied up the streets; put up flower containers on the Avenues with flowing vines and smoked a cigar down at City Hall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You have to admit that Rudy did a good job of cleaning up NYC and dealing with the petty criminals and sponge washer vagrants there. But as a national candidate he is not gonna make the cut. Too much personal baggage.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:59 PM

Don't know where this is coming from, evilnewbie--there is no love between the Clinton, and the Rudy, none whatsoever. Never was! Never will be!

Check the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
He doesn't want a chance to win... he is a democrat in republican clothing, he wants democrats to win. So he is trying to steal thunder from the Republican campaign by attacking them... unfortunately, his buddy buddy Clinton is LOSING... his tactic is now of no use... he can do whatever he wants now cause its all meaningless...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections