Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 09:33 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,858,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
How do you think the country would change as a whole if he were to become president at some point?

What would you foresee happening?
Good or bad.
Yes our foreign policy would not of been so weak and we would of come closer in having a more efficient Gov.

I hope Mitt Runs, to clean up after Obama and maybe put some of the Obama Adminstration in Federal Prison.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:35 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,369,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
How do you think the country would change as a whole if he were to become president at some point?

What would you foresee happening?
Good or bad.
At a minimum the super rich would get richer at the expense of the middle class.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:58 AM

1,057 posts, read 862,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
At a minimum the super rich would get richer at the expense of the middle class.
like now?

Old 01-17-2015, 12:01 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,127,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you are clueless......Romneycare is a state health care reform that is only for 1 state and the people in that state approved it. Obamacare is a federal mandate of 1 size fits all that raises taxes and the debt of the nation that the majority of Americans dislike.....learn the difference.

Mitt Romney and Healthcare: Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

the USPS is losing money big time, you don't think the private sector can run it better? typical liberal, keep trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result.
LOL, don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining. Romneycare was THE blueprint for Ocare and just for your information, Jonathan Gruber was the MIT consultant for both "cares".

As to USPS, it does a fine job. One of the few government programs that does. You'd be losing money, too, if your income was continually siphoned off and diverted to other accounts for other purposes.

USPS gives me a better rate and better service than UPS and it's not so easy for me to access Fed-Ex when shipping stuff.

The "private sector" sucks at a lot of things, like banking & finance, pharma, cyber security, etc.

Typical liberal trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result? LMAO!!!! You mean like Mitt Romney running for prez?

Old 01-17-2015, 01:16 PM

29,179 posts, read 22,184,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think the most important aspect might be that a President Mitt Romney would be in a position to put Mia Love on an inside track to become prez in 2024. We'll have our first beautiful black female libertarian-conservative prez who is a fan of Bastiat. Mia Love will once again be able to proclaim: "and we were the FIRST to do it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74qPg37z3A
Uh- I think it is far too soon to push Love onto any inside track on anything yet. She has to show her mettle and political skill in serving the interests of her state and the nation first.

Beauty and race alone aren't enough for her or anyone any more. 2008 already showed the nation is ready for a President who isn't white or male. If beauty was a prime consideration, Palin would have carried McCain into the White House.

If Hillary had accepted the Vice Presidency if offered, we would have had both a female and a person of color serving for the past 7 years. That Hillary's favorability remains so high is further evidence of a public now willing to consider anyone who has the right stuff, but the right stuff has to be proven in some way first.

How Mia Love will actually perform remains unknown as yet.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:41 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,229,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
LOL, don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining. Romneycare was THE blueprint for Ocare and just for your information, Jonathan Gruber was the MIT consultant for both "cares".

As to USPS, it does a fine job. One of the few government programs that does. You'd be losing money, too, if your income was continually siphoned off and diverted to other accounts for other purposes.

USPS gives me a better rate and better service than UPS and it's not so easy for me to access Fed-Ex when shipping stuff.

The "private sector" sucks at a lot of things, like banking & finance, pharma, cyber security, etc.

Typical liberal trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result? LMAO!!!! You mean like Mitt Romney running for prez?

like I said, you are clueless. Romneycare is not a federal mandate to all 50 states. If the residents of Mass want that system which is not the same thing as Obamacare its their state, if people don't like it they can move. Obamacare is unpopular with Americans but you keep spinning it.

USPS does a fine job???? USPS lost 2 billion in 3 months The Post Office Lost $2 Billion In Just 3 Months

and that's from the Huffington Post, a liberal site.....but the USPS does a fine job because you say so? lmao!

The private sector moves our economy, without the private sector our economy would die and our government couldn't run or pay for all those liberal social engineering programs.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,307,406 times
Quote:
you are clueless......Romneycare is a state health care reform that is only for 1 state and the people in that state approved it. Obamacare is a federal mandate of 1 size fits all that raises taxes and the debt of the nation that the majority of Americans dislike.....learn the difference.

Mitt Romney and Healthcare: Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

the USPS is losing money big time, you don't think the private sector can run it better? typical liberal, keep trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result.
Way to eliminate yourself from serious consideration in future discussions. This is nonsense.

Republicans voted to elect Dubya again, even though it was known that he LIED to start those wars, and that his domestic policy was leading every domestic category into crisis mode, based on how inept he was the previous four years.

Republicans cling to "trickle-down" economic theory, even though it has never worked to benefit all, not just the rich.

Regarding Obamacare, the health care crisis stared Republicans in the face for 8 straight years during the Bush era, and they ignored it. a NO-care policy doesn't work.

All these are clear examples that Republicans "keep trying the same thing over and over", but instead of expecting a different result, they pretend as if a better result will emerge because they have no other ideas.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:41 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,968,318 times
Quote:
you mean giving the option to the people of investing part of their retirement in the FREE MARKET for a better return and more personal control of their accounts?......yeah that is awful!!!! you know the majority of Americans are just too dumb to control their retirements and make decisions in their best interest.....they need big brother for that.
Unfortunately, most of them are.

60% of Americans don't have savings to cover even a $500 car repair bill

Old 01-17-2015, 11:50 PM

302 posts, read 195,949 times
The same thing that happened to Obama but reversed. Every social ill under the planet will be blamed on him whether or not he did it. Republicans will take a hit in Congress and the Democrats would get more radical leftists.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:02 AM

752 posts, read 563,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
"That's why I always say, half the part of being considered a great president is being in the right place at the right time. Bill Clinton is so lucky he was in office during the tech bubble"
Being a "great" president generally entails being in the wrong place at the right time -- i.e., in the midst of a major war (Lincoln) or economic crisis (FDR). Bill Clinton will never be considered a great president; the challenges he faced were simply too minor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections