Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary Crying her eyes out this morning shows she is to emotional to be President?
Yes, her toughness is just an act, she is to emotional for the Presidency 23 44.23%
I do not have any problem with a Presidential Candidate crying 25 48.08%
I have no opinion 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:39 PM

365 posts, read 699,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Hildabeast could be the next poster girl for water proof mascara, all Bills gal pals can get a discount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 02:40 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Nope. I'm amazingly apathetic to who gets the Democratic nomination. I prefer Hillary, then Edwards, and Obama is my third choice in the field.

I just think all the Hillary Bashing coming primarily from Republicans and Obama die-hards is laughable. I expect Republicans to do it (though they do it to their detriment), but Obama die hards amuse me because they buy into the "hope and change" rhetoric. Reminds me of highschool, actually:

"And as your student body president, I will work to make school lunches better! Pizza every thursday, and better selections in the soda machine!"

But hey, whatever works, right? Last time it was "who do ya wanna have a beer with?!" This time it's "who makes ya feel good and gooshy on the inside!" So long as there's a D in the white house, I'll be OK (or Giuliani, cause he's my kind of amoral Republican).
Amen!!! However, I'm very concerned about the reasons for supporting Obama -- it sounds far too much like the reasons for supporting Bush.

And, as a woman, it's depressing to read all of the misogynist, Neanderthal comments about a female candidate. Sheesh, even some coming from women! I'm not saying that women should support a female candidate just because she's a woman, but for women to make nasty remarks about a woman being "too emotional" or "not strong enough" is just unbelievable. They also criticize female politicians if they're TOO tough, calling them "men in skirts" or other such drivel.

Seems women still have a long way to go in this country. Sad.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:42 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

Good and gooshy might be a nice change. We've had "bad and queasy" for what? Twenty years?

"Feelings....whoa-oh-oh.... feelings..."

YouTube - Feelings

Old 01-07-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Amen!!! However, I'm very concerned about the reasons for supporting Obama -- it sounds far too much like the reasons for supporting Bush.

And, as a woman, it's depressing to read all of the misogynist, Neanderthal comments about a female candidate. Sheesh, even some coming from women! I'm not saying that women should support a female candidate just because she's a woman, but for women to make nasty remarks about a woman being "too emotional" or "not strong enough" is just unbelievable. They also criticize female politicians if they're TOO tough, calling them "men in skirts" or other such drivel.

Seems women still have a long way to go in this country. Sad.
Wrong. Weve already gone a long way, and thats why I find her so repulsive, she is MAKING women look worse by acting weak, and so deafted so soon. Nasty is only minor compared to what she will hand you soon if you pick her, shes a player in my opinion and tho Im not for Obama either, I dont want her, that much I do know, Im a single mother, thats what I am, and I also take care of my Mother, who has almost no health care, I dont want her running this country, she will worsen things, I really believe it.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:44 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn245 View Post
Hildabeast could be the next poster girl for water proof mascara, all Bills gal pals can get a discount.
So, is there any female candidate you would support or do you think we should all just stay out of "men's business" and remain at home knitting baby booties, making sure there's a pot roast on the stove and we're all dolled up for that magic moment when our men come home from work?

Old 01-07-2008, 02:46 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,983,376 times
I would take Elizabeth Dole over Hillary. At least I know where she is coming from.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:47 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
do you think we should all just stay out of "men's business" and remain at home knitting baby booties, making sure there's a pot roast on the stove and we're all dolled up for that magic moment when our men come home from work?
That sounds great to me!! Especially the magic moment part!

Old 01-07-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
So, is there any female candidate you would support or do you think we should all just stay out of "men's business" and remain at home knitting baby booties, making sure there's a pot roast on the stove and we're all dolled up for that magic moment when our men come home from work?
you betcha I would, Id love to see a real woman in there, one that could take the pressure, and not act like a sideshow... I dont have a husband, work and also believe men can do just as good, I think those of you who are only seeing the genders are the ones who are blindest, the ridicule is in her behavior, not in her gender.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:49 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 997,669 times
I think there are smart, balanced women who are entirely capable of being president.
I also think that those women are totally not representative of the norm and that women, in spite of certain beliefs we're all supposed to hold for the sake of the equality delusion, most certainly do have a 'nature' to them and that often times, a womans nature isn't suitable for certain roles of leadership. It is a wonderful, magical nature that is superior to men in so many ways, but not superior to men in other ways.

My doctor is a woman. I have yet to encounter her better.
My laywer is man. I have yet to meet a woman- anywhere- who has the personal nature to do what he does to the degree that he does it.

If people want to argue that men and women are the "same", they had better take that argument to Mother Nature and start with her. 7000 years of recorded human history shows otherwise.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:49 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
That sounds great to me!! Especially the magic moment part!
Me too.

Forget about the pot roast, baby.

That Chanel Number Five drives me wild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections