U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-29-2015, 05:33 PM
 
8,072 posts, read 4,402,678 times
Reputation: 3066

Advertisements

Really? Looks much more off, than on. Tell me more of these truisms. They are good for laughs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The GOP did well in mid-terms , off and on, long before ACA. The party out of the Oval Office tends to win mid-terms, and has for years.

This is about an ON year election, not OFF year elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-29-2015, 06:06 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,031,359 times
Reputation: 7282
BentBow"There has not been a physical conservative in the Whitehouse since Calvin Coolidge, nearly 100 years ago."

True, independents, the largest voting block, prefer centrists.

There will be no radical conservatives in the Whitehouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2015, 06:08 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,031,359 times
Reputation: 7282
Yes, earthly father, 100 years ago the GOP did well (sar).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2015, 11:19 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,570,529 times
Reputation: 5919
Hey, I'm still waiting for that "we're really a 'christian', 'conservative' country" thang (despite gay marriage, legalized abortion, banned school prayer, a former Hindu governor, a Muslim Homeland Security chief, 3 Supreme Court Justices, and a 2-term black "kenyan" POTUS)?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2015, 11:49 PM
 
10,829 posts, read 4,146,423 times
Reputation: 4699
Obama will either drag the democrats down or prop them up. I say "drag them down" is the most likely. People are sick of him. The young don't support him anymore. Women don't as much. And the novelty of a non-white male in the White House has worn off.

Obamacare hasn't touched that many people yet. Once the employer mandate kicks in, all hell will break loose. The Republicans will be sitting pretty because not a single one of them voted for Obamacare.

Obama's foreign policy has failed, and things in that department will be even worse in 2016.

Then there are all the scandals and lies of the Obama administration. The liberal media can't cover them up forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2015, 05:52 AM
 
8,072 posts, read 4,402,678 times
Reputation: 3066
That is exactly my point, which negates the 'off and on' premise of your original comment. Hasn't been 'on' for many decades. 2010 and 2014 being outliers. Duh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Yes, earthly father, 100 years ago the GOP did well (sar).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2015, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
9,832 posts, read 7,656,265 times
Reputation: 6288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Obama will either drag the democrats down or prop them up. I say "drag them down" is the most likely. People are sick of him. The young don't support him anymore. Women don't as much. And the novelty of a non-white male in the White House has worn off.

Obamacare hasn't touched that many people yet. Once the employer mandate kicks in, all hell will break loose. The Republicans will be sitting pretty because not a single one of them voted for Obamacare.

Obama's foreign policy has failed, and things in that department will be even worse in 2016.

Then there are all the scandals and lies of the Obama administration. The liberal media can't cover them up forever.

Right-wingers made these exact same talking points in the run-up to the 2012 election. It actually had more bit then as the economy was still struggling. Obama won comfortably.

If the GOP wants to win, they need to come up with more than empty rhetoric to beat Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2015, 09:03 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,302 posts, read 33,642,226 times
Reputation: 14179
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
BentBow"There has not been a physical conservative in the Whitehouse since Calvin Coolidge, nearly 100 years ago."

True, independents, the largest voting block, prefer centrists.

There will be no radical conservatives in the Whitehouse.

Independents didn't make it out to vote once again, with 2 Progressives and one being sold as a Conservative, to deceive the voters in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2015, 10:11 AM
 
36,515 posts, read 16,266,028 times
Reputation: 9794
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Hey, I'm still waiting for that "we're really a 'christian', 'conservative' country" thang (despite gay marriage, legalized abortion, banned school prayer, a former Hindu governor, a Muslim Homeland Security chief, 3 Supreme Court Justices, and a 2-term black "kenyan" POTUS)?!
In U.S., 77% Identify as Christian

By the way, Obama is not just black. He is just as much white as he is black. He himself claims to be Christian so you were saying while you were licking you chops with mockery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Pluto's Home Town
9,995 posts, read 11,650,262 times
Reputation: 5580
2016 is the Democrats' to lose. In the White House and Senate. This does not mean they cannot snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. As they did in 2000 and 2004.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top