Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 07:53 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times

Advertisements

"Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas called on Iowa voters to thoroughly vet the GOP candidates that run for president to make certain they are not peddling a false bill of goods on the campaign trail. “If you say you oppose the president’s unconstitutional executive amnesty, show me where you stood up. If you say you support life and you support marriage, show me were you stood up and fought,” he said. “If you say you say you’ll stand up to the Washington establishment, the career politicians of both parties that got us in this mess, then show me where you stood up and fought.”

Ted Cruz warns Iowa voters that 'talk is cheap' on campaign trail - Washington Times

Two things:

1) The point Ted Cruz makes is addressed to a conservative audience but shouldn't it apply to all candidates of either party? Why do we, as voters, give so much weight to what a candidate says they will do as President as opposed to what a candidate has done throughout their career?

2) Also, the quality of "done" is sketchy. When you ask a candidate to "show me" what you've done, should you give as much credit to someone who voted for or against some bills as opposed to someone who actually wrote them to substantiate their "show me what you've done" credentials? Senators and Reps always point to their voting records, well big deal, how hard is it to vote? While we appreciate that they vote in our favor, and should give them some credit for it, that's hardly heavy lifting when it comes to accomplishment.

AND, should you give as much "show me what you've done" weight to someone who writes bills or votes on some bills as opposed to someone who actually implements changes you approve of in their state or business? Shouldn't someone who has actually successfully pulled off and initiated the change you like get more accomplishment credit than someone who only votes on/writes bills?

This applies to voters in both parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 08:07 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
And the GOP circular firing squad begins….

Old 01-25-2015, 08:48 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
And the GOP circular firing squad begins….
This response is akin to me asking "What color are cherries?" and you answering "seven."

Old 01-25-2015, 09:03 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
^ ^ Very good (and here I thought all wingers were "metaphorically-challenged"…lol)!

Although ironically if anyone should be the poster child for "talk is cheap", it's gotta be Cruz!

GOP Sen. Ted Cruz' talk-a-thon all about self-promotion

Old 01-25-2015, 12:33 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
^ ^ Very good (and here I thought all wingers were "metaphorically-challenged"…lol)!

Although ironically if anyone should be the poster child for "talk is cheap", it's gotta be Cruz!

Wingers? Is it possible for you to refer to the GOP in a civil manner instead of being insulting? I certainly don't refer to the left as LWNJ's even though I disagree with them.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:

Cruz is a MASTER of self-promotion. He has certainly 'shown me' that.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:30 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wingers? Is it possible for you to refer to the GOP in a civil manner instead of being insulting? I certainly don't refer to the left as LWNJ's even though I disagree with them.
Good question, and the answer is that it is not possible. Haters gotta hate. They don't have the wherewithal to debate facts and logic.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
No one wants to debate Ted Cruz.... No one.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Good question, and the answer is that it is not possible. Haters gotta hate. They don't have the wherewithal to debate facts and logic.

What do you expect when they are raised to be over protected, always the victim and disrespectful. Have no morals or integrity and always got what they wanted, when they threw a fit.

Then they are clueless as to why educated people, never take them seriously.

Someone should b*tchslap their parents.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Ted Cruz Has A Point

But if he parts his hair just right, it won't show so badly.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections