U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-30-2015, 06:17 PM
 
36,244 posts, read 16,208,160 times
Reputation: 9744

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not hateful - accurate, and honest. I have spent nearly six decades in the middle of them observing up close and personal.
Must have been way in the backwoods where the poor and uneducated live then. Most people in the south aren't like that but leave it to a liberal to demonize and entire group of people over the minorities in their group. Typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-31-2015, 10:03 AM
 
36,244 posts, read 16,208,160 times
Reputation: 9744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Nothing. He and Mia Love are the GOP's evidence and point of reference to be able to claim they are definitely not racist.
No, if you are claiming that they have blacks in office simply not to appear racist you are wrong. It is just your biased opinion based on nothing. Maybe you could give some examples of how "most" GOPers are racist. I won't hold my breath though. Each party has their share of racists in them but who the hell cares about the minority in their ranks? Oh, that's right lefty liberals do but only if it is about conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2015, 12:32 PM
 
32,070 posts, read 16,493,051 times
Reputation: 17191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So quoting a scripture from the Bible to back up one's views is beating the opposition over the head?
Yes, but very ineffectively - like with a wiffle bat. Your refusal to address other pieces of scripture - those that don't back up your views - sort of removes any effect the argument might otherwise have had.

If you want to use scripture to point out that "Those other people don't live according to Leviticus", you'd damn well better keep kosher, not work on the Sabbath, let your beard grow and eschew tattoos. If not, there is a bit in the NT about motes and beams that it would be well for you to meditate on. Very smart fellow spoke on that, you might have heard of him - Jewish, long beard, son of a carpenter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2015, 12:56 PM
 
36,244 posts, read 16,208,160 times
Reputation: 9744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yes, but very ineffectively - like with a wiffle bat. Your refusal to address other pieces of scripture - those that don't back up your views - sort of removes any effect the argument might otherwise have had.

If you want to use scripture to point out that "Those other people don't live according to Leviticus", you'd damn well better keep kosher, not work on the Sabbath, let your beard grow and eschew tattoos. If not, there is a bit in the NT about motes and beams that it would be well for you to meditate on. Very smart fellow spoke on that, you might have heard of him - Jewish, long beard, son of a carpenter...
The topic being discussed was gays. I have never denied anything about other scriptures and there was no need to get off topic about it. The problem with you liberal so-called progressives is that you cannot tolerate a different point of view. I haven't hit anyone over the head with a bat by declaring my reasons for opposing the gay lifestyle/marriage nor have I ridiculed those who disagree with me. Try it some time you might like it. I have no further need to debate with you on this issue or to continue to read any of your posts. Buh, bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2015, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,976 posts, read 15,428,301 times
Reputation: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The topic being discussed was gays. I have never denied anything about other scriptures and there was no need to get off topic about it. The problem with you liberal so-called progressives is that you cannot tolerate a different point of view. I haven't hit anyone over the head with a bat by declaring my reasons for opposing the gay lifestyle/marriage nor have I ridiculed those who disagree with me. Try it some time you might like it. I have no further need to debate with you on this issue or to continue to read any of your posts. Buh, bye.

You questioned the Christianity of those who disagreed with you on gas and said they weren't real Christians. Secondly, the reason other scriptures were brought up were due to the fact you used Scripture to back up your views on Gays and that those who support Gay Marriage aren't real Christians.

Does the same hold true for other Scriptures? Is someone not a real Christian I'd they don't believe other Scriptures? Should we base laws on other Scriptures as well? Or is that limited to gay marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2015, 03:47 PM
 
32,070 posts, read 16,493,051 times
Reputation: 17191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The topic being discussed was gays. I have never denied anything about other scriptures and there was no need to get off topic about it.
Sure sounds like a case of "Leviticus for thee, but not for me". Not that I took your biblical arguments all that seriously in the first place, but f you want to make the case that the Bible is a universal rulebook, you're doing a pretty bad job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2015, 10:05 PM
 
1,721 posts, read 1,002,270 times
Reputation: 1117
Carson will probably wind being a more short-lived, black version of Palin. He's a loon who happens to be black the same way Palin is a loon who happens to be a woman.

It's just blatant pandering by Republicans, duplicitously attempting to appeal to a demographic who don't like them. 'See! See! We got a black guy!' Please give us a chance!'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 07:40 AM
 
36,244 posts, read 16,208,160 times
Reputation: 9744
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Carson will probably wind being a more short-lived, black version of Palin. He's a loon who happens to be black the same way Palin is a loon who happens to be a woman.

It's just blatant pandering by Republicans, duplicitously attempting to appeal to a demographic who don't like them. 'See! See! We got a black guy!' Please give us a chance!'
But of course the Democrats aren't pandering to Hispanics by promising amnesty for their illegal amigos, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,216 posts, read 11,473,657 times
Reputation: 4301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But of course the Democrats aren't pandering to Hispanics by promising amnesty for their illegal amigos, right?
No more than the Republicans who are doing the same. Take Ben Carson for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,053 posts, read 10,077,749 times
Reputation: 6973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But of course the Democrats aren't pandering to Hispanics by promising amnesty for their illegal amigos, right?
Just continuing the fine work of George W. Bush:

Bush Amnesty Plan Raises Immigration Concerns | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top