U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2015, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,137 posts, read 15,672,391 times
Reputation: 9811

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Is that why even the sainted Reagan would be considered a "RINO" by today's conservatives?!

In Today’s GOP, Reagan Is A RINO
That it's the problem, we have too many descendents of Goldwater conservatives who are even worse than he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Most liberals are racists or race-obsessed, especially blacks.

Regarding the thread, apparently the OP is unaware that his failed party is recycling Hillary Clinton as the only option for 'Rat voters.
What liberals are racist? I thought they aimed to be inclusive. Unless you mean racist to white males.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-31-2015, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,219 posts, read 11,473,657 times
Reputation: 4301
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
No. For maybe the 100th time, The GOP lost in 2008 and 2012 over identity politics, not message. Romney won the white vote by 59%; evidently white voters liked his message. He lost non white voters by 80%, not because of message, but because of the perception that the GOP was the whites-only party. The only way you can say it was 'message' is if you believe that ideology is inherently a function of skin color.
What makes your argument any more truthful than the person you are debating? Could he not say, Democrats won 80% of the non white vote because they liked his message and lost the 59% of the white vote because Republicans tried to paint Democrats as the party of minorities and giving them free stuff.

We have multiple threads started here daily about Dems giving free stuff to minorities and Dems neglecting white people.

Do you just not see it, or is it that you believe your side is right, in which case you would actually be disproving your own point.




Quote:
Every time the party has presented a candidate from the 'more moderate, mainstream' wing, we have lost. HW Bush, Dole, McCain etc. W Bush ran as conservative in 2000 but governed to the left (Medicare Part D, NCLB, spending binges, etc), and barely won both times. W Bush largely won because the Dems could not come up with a strong candidate either time.

And as far as the Southern Strategy, as I have posted before, it is largely a mythical entity.
George HW Bush won his first election, negating your point.

and W. Did not run as a conservative, he ran as a moderate on many issues and he won because of it and because he came off as not demonizing Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2015, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,683 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Reputation: 41524
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That it's the problem, we have too many descendents of Goldwater conservatives who are even worse than he was.



What liberals are racist? I thought they aimed to be inclusive. Unless you mean racist to white males.
Democrats might aim to be inclusive, but many are racists. In my work years experience, the most racist group I worked with were blacks, especially blacks in management. They did everything they could to discriminate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2015, 09:40 AM
 
8,223 posts, read 10,735,644 times
Reputation: 7580
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Democrats might aim to be inclusive, but many are racists. In my work years experience, the most racist group I worked with were blacks, especially blacks in management. They did everything they could to discriminate.


Can you give examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2015, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,137 posts, read 15,672,391 times
Reputation: 9811
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Democrats might aim to be inclusive, but many are racists. In my work years experience, the most racist group I worked with were blacks, especially blacks in management. They did everything they could to discriminate.
I know blacks who are racist towards say Afro-carribean blacks or whites and I know blacks who aren't racist at all just as whites who are racist and whites who aren't and Hispanics and who hate other different Hispanics. I'm sure you'd find racists and non-racists in every ethnic group, skin-color and political background.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2015, 12:20 PM
 
10,543 posts, read 11,984,983 times
Reputation: 2798
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
nmnita, Name one move the GOP has made which would make even a single Blue Wall state competitive in 2016.
What positions have they modified, to avoid another 73-27% Latino trip to the woodshed, or the 67-31% single women trip to the woodshed Planet GOP took in 2012?
Apparently, based on 2014, all they've had to do is let the left display their incompetence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2015, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,137 posts, read 15,672,391 times
Reputation: 9811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Apparently, based on 2014, all they've had to do is let the left display their incompetence.
Dems don't really vote during mid-terms, 2014 was a mid-term.

Obama: Democrats ‘don’t vote’ in midterms – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Why do fewer people vote during midterm election years? - Democratic Underground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2015, 12:31 PM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,463,889 times
Reputation: 4230
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
You missed her getting more primary votes than anyone ever has.
How could she have gotten the most primary votes then anyone ever has and still lost????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2015, 12:48 PM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,885 posts, read 12,994,700 times
Reputation: 5211
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Better get used to it because if that's the best the Repubs can muster, Hilary is almost a shoe-in.



democrats and republicans never ever get their candidate elected. at least not without winning over the independents. whatever party wins over the independents will win the potus election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2015, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,137 posts, read 15,672,391 times
Reputation: 9811
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How could she have gotten the most primary votes then anyone ever has and still lost????????
Hmmm, maybe the delegates didn't vote for her in the primaries. That's my best guess if the claim is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top