Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:59 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times

Advertisements

It's over. Matt Drudge has posted an article on his front page with a story about racist comments. Paul denied any involvement in these even though they were written under his name for a Libertarian magazine. They were originally written by a disgruntled campaign employee. He said this on Glenn Beck. As soon as the MSM picks this up, it will be over. They have ignored him. Now, they will attack him. They will win.

I would link to it, but I prefer not to give Drudge any more clicks than the one it took to verify. The story is being run by the New Republic website. They should know better than to publish stories given their history of being duped, in particular the blog of a "soldier" from Iraq.

In rebuttal:

YouTube - Ron Paul on Racism

YouTube - Ron Paul: "Libertarianism is the enemy of all racism"

Ron Paul 2008 › Issues › Racism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 01:07 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
This has already been run to try and discredit him. Its just being recycled. It just shows they can't find much to attack him with. Drudge will run anything. Sad.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:07 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
I doubt that it will have any effect, probably isnt going to change anybodys mind that already supports him, and the rest wont care , I think the net result will be a big yaaaawwn.

Last edited by silas777; 01-08-2008 at 01:40 PM..

Old 01-08-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
This has already been run to try and discredit him. Its just being recycled. It just shows they can't find much to attack him with. Drudge will run anything. Sad.
It will be on Fox soon. Watch.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:16 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
It will be on Fox soon. Watch.
No. I don't watch Fox anymore.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
No. I don't watch Fox anymore.
lol. Yeah. you have a point. I just wish Paul would hold a presser and confront this head on.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:39 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,537,964 times
As much as it pains me to say this, if Ron Paul gets basically booted from the race, I will be moving to New Zealand in 5 yrs time.

I am SO tired of the nonesense that is going on in this country. We have the chance for change and it just seems that every force is out to mantain the status quo when it clearly is not working.

I hope Im wrong but when I saw this post, it truly took all the wind out of me. This man stands for everything that could be right for America but it is going to be taken from us.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:47 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,857 times
Yeah, this one has made the rounds already. Just shows how desperate the neocons are to discredit Paul. Like someone else said, it will most likely be the top story on Faux News ...

Old 01-08-2008, 01:53 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Reading the current headlines online Ron Paul is absent from most polls, projections, and most commentary today. :-(

It will require something remarkable tonight and for future primaries/caucuses for Ron Paul to succeed. The future is not written in stone. If each of us online supporters get out and spread the word in the non-virtual world more of a difference will be made. Likewise if Ron Paul gets more high-profile politicians and celebrities to speak up on his behalf more of a difference will be made. Although a sad reality indeed, many voters want to see who others support before making their own decision therefore some effort and money needs to be put towards getting word out.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:58 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Cmon you guys, why should Paul be any different than the rest of the republicans that run for office, being called a racist homophobic bigot is part of running as a republican,the only reason he would have to worry about it, is if it were true and documented, then he just gets on his knees grovels like trent lot and check into rehab! Other wise, blow it off like every other republican has had to for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections