Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2015, 02:29 AM

46,001 posts, read 34,988,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
educate me on what is a fundamental right according to you.......
How about you learn what a fundamental right is to our Constitution, it would do you good to know what that means and what it covers because based on your posts, you have no idea what fundamental rights are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 02:36 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,219,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
A civil marriage is a union between two consenting adults, it isn't you who gets to choose who those two adults are and it isn't the state that gets to decide that either. When my wife and I got married, we didn't have to be interviewed or anything for our marriage. All we had to do was pay a fee and have a formal wedding to do the union. Clearly you have yet to understand that.

if marriage is a FUNDAMENTAL right , why pay a fee?.....why bother filling a government form that says in big letters: MARRIAGE APPLICATION!!!?

why do every state have requirements to get a marriage license? a few states require a blood test or a blood test and physical examination before marriage to show whether one party is infected with a venereal disease. In some statutes, for example, the clerk is forbidden to issue a marriage license until the parties present the results of the blood test.

again, if marriage is a fundamental right, then it should be given to anybody that wants it.....no fees, no loop holes, no requirements.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:38 AM

Quote:
How about you learn what a fundamental right is to our Constitution, it would do you good to know what that means and what it covers because based on your posts, you have no idea what fundamental rights are.

where in the constitution says I have a fundamental right to marry anybody I want?.....please educate me.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 34,988,992 times
Quote:
where in the constitution says I have a fundamental right to marry anybody I want?.....please educate me.
Educate yourself, I am going to bed.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Educate yourself, I am going to bed.

you have been repeating that over and over and when I gave you the chance to explain yourself in depth and "educate" me you are all air.

go to bed and tomorrow try to educate me what is a fundamental right.........first, learn the definition of the word APPLICATION then you can graduate to the constitution.

I guess when people apply for JOBS filling out a form, is not really an application, they are just registering for a job which is a fundamental right also.,,,,LMAO!!!!

Old 01-31-2015, 04:34 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,647,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
WHY is the choice for the RINO element, Democrat Lite, or the real thing?
Because, on the one side, hardcore right-wing wackos promote morally offensive policies, and the vast majority of Americans readily recognize that and would vote for someone else, anyone else. And on the other side, hardcore left-wing wackos promote thoroughly impracticable policies, and the vast majority of Americans readily recognize that and would vote for someone else, anyone else.

We got Bush instead of Gore for two reasons, both related to that: Gore was too liberal to attract as many moderates as necessary, and Nader bled the ultra-liberals from Gore. So we get a RINO President with a hardcore right-wing master to keep him in line for 8 years. We got the slightly-more-liberal-then-moderate Obama instead of the firm moderate McCain because McCain was saddled with a hardcore right-wing VP candidate far more offensively extreme to moderates than Obama.

Quote:
Don't blame others if Romney couldn't inspire the base to vote.
You've got it backwards: The blame rests with what you consider the "base" - people who hold such offensively immoral perspectives that they cannot bring themselves to support someone who exhibits reasonable moderation.

Quote:
The Tea Party IS the Republican base.
In your mind. The reality is that the promotion of extreme, wacko perspectives, like that of the Tea Party, distort not only the perceptions of their adherents, but also hollow out the center. When the right-wing extremists are more successful than the left-wing extremists, as is the case today, the hollowing out adversely affects the right-wing moderates, making them appear as if they don't exist, as your erroneous comment here demonstrates.

Quote:
I would love to see the GOP make the mistake by picking a far right winger for a candidate.
I think that would be much better for the country than the other scenarios. When the Republicans placate the right-wing wackos, it not only reduces their chances of success, but it creates a vacuum in the middle, which draws the Democrats to the center. You get leaders much better for Americans that way.

It doesn't seem to work in the opposite direction, with the Democrats picking a left-wing wacko candidate. While that may prompt the GOP to pick a moderate candidate, it is strictly a political tactic, rather than a genuine move to the center. What ends up happening is you have a moderate figurehead whipped to the extreme by some right-wing wackos the candidate is forced to accept.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:58 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,777,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Mitt Romney says he will not make 2016 White House bid

I think that this is a positive for the Repubs. The polls look good for Romney right now because of his name recognition. But the SAME arguments would have been brought up in the campaign such as: growing imbalance between rich and middle class along with his 47% comment, his refusal to show his income tax returns, his mormon religion, etc. I don't think that Dems represent the middle class very well anymore, but they would certainly represent me (in my case) better when it comes to social issues.
If Jebs wins, we will have the FIRST "Mexican-American" POTUS just like Clinton was called the nation's first "Black" POTUS>
We still have the "Ooops" guy to make fun of.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:38 AM

32,817 posts, read 19,353,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Mitts was delusional to think about it. He lost by 126 electoral votes in an election year far more favorable than he'd face in 2016. 7.2% unemployment then, plus the white % of the total vote was several points higher than it will be by 11/2016.

If he couldn't win in 2012, he could never ever win.
actually Mitt had a good chance back in 2012

the problem is he got attacked from all sides

then he had the''''47%''' comment and it was all over

but he was right when he made that comment

about 25-30% of the country are solid democrats....about half of those will vote party line no matter who they have

about 25-30% of the country are solid republicans....about half of those will vote party line no matter who they have

which leaves you with 40-50% that are moderate or independent ...which is what the candidate HAS to try to vie over

Romney got 47%...but Obama got 51%

Romney carried 24 states....obama got 26 states

United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-31-2015, 06:47 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,351,773 times
Quote:
Where in the constitution does it say anything about the government regulating marriage at all? Don't you believe in freedom and liberty?

Old 01-31-2015, 07:20 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,327,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The right wing ideology, whether that be through the tea baggers or that flip-flopping Frankenstein Mitt Romney, is repulsive to the well-being and continued progression of this country. He lost because he ran into a far superior man, with a far superior ideology, in President Barack Obama. Blowhard Conservatives can't run from this reality. Pretending to be moderate is not going to help elect another Bush.

Romney stinks as does his ideology. He's not even a has-been. He is a NEVER-WAS.

Obama is a better salesman.
He has the bait & switch down pact.
Tell them what they want to hear, but never the truth.

Heck, the NRA named Barack, salesman of the year 6 years straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections