U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 12:27 PM

36,291 posts, read 16,215,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
It is for some people. I'm happy to see Mitt isn't going to make it his.
I don't know of any politician who has made a hobby of running for president. Perhaps you could provide a list of those who do. There are family dynasties of both parties though that seem to be always in the potential presidential interest list aka the Bushes', Clintons, Kennedys, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 12:37 PM

12,050 posts, read 11,111,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know of any politician who has made a hobby of running for president. Perhaps you could provide a list of those who do. There are family dynasties of both parties though that seem to be always in the potential presidential interest list aka the Bushes', Clintons, Kennedys, etc.
Lyndon Larouche comes immediately to mind. Running twice is reasonable, but three or more times and you start to become a crank. I think the only impact Mitt's decision will have it to salvage his dignity. He wasn't going to have any effect whatsoever on the primary.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Lyndon Larouche comes immediately to mind. Running twice is reasonable, but three or more times and you start to become a crank. I think the only impact Mitt's decision will have it to salvage his dignity. He wasn't going to have any effect whatsoever on the primary.
Oh, so all you can come with is one person? What happened to your claim of "some"? I liked Mitt but am glad he isn't going to run because he can't win and no he isn't making a hobby of it as he only ran once.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:41 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,449,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Don't let the door hit him where the good lord split him.

Hoping JEB! follows his lead.

Bush vs Clinton. Where's my barf bag?
It is kind of pathetic. I think George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton were both good presidents, but I don't like the thought of dynasties ruling this country.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh, so all you can come with is one person? What happened to your claim of "some"? I liked Mitt but am glad he isn't going to run because he can't win and no he isn't making a hobby of it as he only ran once.
I'm sure a Google search would turn up at least a dozen cranks from various ages who ran for president multiple times to pass the time. Mitt ran twice, in 2008 and 2012. That's a good run for a serious person who really wants to be president. Running again would move him into buffoon territory.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:46 PM

5,556 posts, read 5,025,984 times
Quote:
What dignity is there to salvage? A man who fancied himself one of the smartest guys in the room got sandbagged by his own party.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:47 PM

1,373 posts, read 816,782 times
Do you sheep REALLY think it will be anything other than Hill vs Jeb???

PLEASE get a clue...

The dynasty WILL continue as you sheep keep voting for the two party system each blaming the other guy.

Good luck with that... let me know how it goes.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
It is kind of pathetic. I think George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton were both good presidents, but I don't like the thought of dynasties ruling this country.
I'm not a fan either, but that's where we are. Bush vs. Clinton. I bet some in the Democratic Party are making overtures to Michelle Obama right now and seeing if she'd like to run for Congress somewhere. Get a few years as a legislator under her built and who knows, we might have another Hill on our hands.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I'm sure a Google search would turn up at least a dozen cranks from various ages who ran for president multiple times to pass the time. Mitt ran twice, in 2008 and 2012. That's a good run for a serious person who really wants to be president. Running again would move him into buffoon territory.
Wrong, McCain was the Republican candidate for the 2008 presidential election. Mitt has already stated he isn't gong to run in 2016 so try not to get your knickers in a wad over it.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
What dignity is there to salvage? A man who fancied himself one of the smartest guys in the room got sandbagged by his own party.
I'm no fan of Mitt. He's the ultimate 80s yuppie greaseball, but there's no reason to kick a dog when he's down. I hope he takes up golf or tennis or missionary work or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections