Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 05:29 PM

29,168 posts, read 22,137,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Walker will be very popular on the campaign trail in a Sarah Palin sort of way. At first, the right will memorized, then embarrassed, and then his name will be of limits to the left.
I think it's pretty much a given that Democrats won't vote for Walker. Past that, I am nowhere as certain as you seem to be about all other voters.

However, from what I've read recently, Walker is once again in potential court trouble in Wisconsin. Ambitious and self-aggrandizing Governors are always wild cards, as the Illinois Democrats learned with Blagojevich. More than one former Governor's career hit the wall in a criminal court, and Walker could disappear in a cloud of sulphur quick as a wink if someone has the goods on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 07:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,661,056 times
Walker, although will spin it otherwise, actually raised taxes on seniors and working families by nearly $70 million. I guess he went after the low hanging fruit.

Walker added a $14 million increase of taxes by reducing the Homestead Tax Credit, affecting 247,000 homeowners and renters. He also effectively added a $56.2 million increase on low-wage workers with children as a result of cuts to the Earned Income Tax Credit.

In addition to raising taxes, Walker’s budget also increased fees by more than $133 million.

All in here if people want the facts:https://bdgrdemocracy.files.wordpres...ee-changes.pdf

Old 02-10-2015, 07:52 PM

Walker falls again in NH polls.

Quote:
Bush now leads with just 16 percent. Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky is second with 13 percent, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is at 12 percent, and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, coming off a controversy-filled overseas trip, is at 10 percent.
Bloomberg Politics/Saint Anselm New Hampshire Poll: Jeb Bush Grabs Narrow Lead - Bloomberg Politics

Old 02-10-2015, 08:09 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,894,203 times
Quote:
Walker, although will spin it otherwise, actually raised taxes on seniors and working families by nearly $70 million. I guess he went after the low hanging fruit.

Walker added a $14 million increase of taxes by reducing the Homestead Tax Credit, affecting 247,000 homeowners and renters. He also effectively added a $56.2 million increase on low-wage workers with children as a result of cuts to the Earned Income Tax Credit.

In addition to raising taxes, Walker’s budget also increased fees by more than $133 million.

All in here if people want the facts:https://bdgrdemocracy.files.wordpres...ee-changes.pdf
You far left extremists really don't understand what basic concepts like "tax" and "cut" mean, do you?

Cutting the EITC is not raising taxes on anyone. The people who qualify for the EITC don't pay income taxes to begin with.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You far left extremists really don't understand what basic concepts like "tax" and "cut" mean, do you?

Cutting the EITC is not raising taxes on anyone. The people who qualify for the EITC don't pay income taxes to begin with.

Again, Walker effectively raised taxes by going after the elderly and the poor.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,894,203 times
Quote:
Again, Walker effectively raised taxes by going after the elderly and the poor.
Again, you prove you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:25 PM

Small Businesses Speak Out Against Scott Walker

Quote:
Lori Compas is the Executive Director of the Wisconsin Business Alliance, a nonpartisan organization for businesses in the Badger State. Compas told me that drug testing was "not something any small business has come to me about." Overall, she was "utterly perplexed by [Walker's] approach to jobs and economic growth," which prioritizes "things that don't have anything to do with economic development." Walker's push for drug testing and strict voter identification laws make good politics in a Republican presidential primary. But they are bad policies for hardworking Wisconsinites.
Small Businesses Speak Out Against Scott Walker*|*Duncan Hosie

Old 02-10-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

How does this tax credit rank?

Quote:
Scott Walker claims credit for $816 in property tax savings over "where things were headed"
Gov. Scott Walker told WI citizens that because of actions taken during his first term, "the typical Wisconsin homeowner will save approximately $680" in property taxes over four years.

That statement was judged to be
Quote:
not only inaccurate but ridiculous because the $680 wasn’t actual money saved. Rather, the figure was strictly based on a hypothetical scenario, which the governor didn’t disclose in making the claim.
Scott Walker claims credit for $816 in property tax savings over "where things were headed" | PolitiFact Wisconsin

Old 02-12-2015, 01:56 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,630,486 times
I think Walker is very smart; he seems a bit "soft" in that interview, but he doesn't let things get to him, even though he's very sensitive. He was playing nice with her; I think he has a definite sting hidden somewhere. He won't budge easily, but I get the feeling he won't be keen on listening to advisers; he wants to do things his own way. I feel okay about him.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:36 AM

37,729 posts, read 40,764,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How did Mr. 999 fair in Iowa? Remember it is only one state in the country.
I honestly don't remember. All I remember was Santorum really won not Romney because Iowans apparently can't count a very small number of votes a third grader could have counted meaning Santorum was robbed of the momentum factor. In the primaries I didn't support Cain, Romney or Santorum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections