Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 05:05 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

I'd certainly welcome Walker to the 2016 clown car. He seems to be totally lacking in humor and wit, which is in itself rather amusing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 05:57 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'd certainly welcome Walker to the 2016 clown car. He seems to be totally lacking in humor and wit, which is in itself rather amusing.

Finally a candidate you can relate to.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:03 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Finally a candidate you can relate to.

You're angry.

Turn that frown upside down.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Mase and Donna # are both wrong. Visits to London are famously tough for conservative politicians, because the media is very 'sensalist' oriented. Walker wisely did not fall into the trap laid. So, yes he 'punted', wisely.

Besides, his purpose in going to England is Wisconsin economic development, trade mission related. He is on State business. No reason to get into politics, when he courting businesses.

Didn't the grown ups tell you? Never, ever talk politics or religion when doing business.
Wow! If a basic science question from one of our allies stumps Walker, what will he do when the not-so-friendly countries asks him a hard question?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:01 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
I was just reading a Milwaukee message board: Seems democrats were really hoping Walker would have answered those questions, since he was on a taxpayer supported trade trip, liberals were ready to hit him with ethic violation complaints if hid did anything, including, in their mind answering the evolution question, that resembled campaigning.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:04 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Here is a specific comment posted on the Wisconsin State Democrat Party facebook page by a Milwaukee area democrat official:

He should not have answered it. He was there on a Trade mission, he also did not answer Foreign Policy questions and others that did not pertain to trade. He was there on the tax payers of WI dime and as Gov not as a candidate. Had he answered any of those he could have been investigated for ethics violations

Old 02-12-2015, 11:15 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
President Walker handled that situation just fine.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:47 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Thumbs up Walker is for the Common Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Because tea partiers don't value education or truth?

Walker's attempted edit to cheapen the integrity of UW-Madison:

Attachment 144459

Walker proposes changing Wisconsin Idea
That is exactly Liberal are all about themselves. Walker is a breath of Fresh air and we Conservative are about the truth and what works, Education will get you there my friend, but working your way up and over coming diversity is the American way.
We have found how the most elegant President is (Obama) and he has created a mess, way beyond this thread.

Walker is our common sense working man. Not a air up politician.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't know, exactly how "surging" can it be when you have 15% of the Iowa vote? That's not a comment about Walker but a comment about the Bloomberg headline. Bush, meanwhile is "struggling" with 8% of the Iowa vote. Rand Paul has 14% but he's apparently not verb/participle-worthy nor is Huckabee at 10%. Ben Carson has 9%.

The "I told you so" part of the Iowa poll shows Christie at 4% with a 54% unfavorability rating. Apparently, this only comes as a surprise to the news media along the NYC/DC corridor who live in a bubble and think Christie's problem is Bridgegate..

Although the Iowa poll was taken before Romney dropped out, poll participants were also asked to name their second choice candidate. Who do you think the Romney voters chose second? Mike Huckabee. Bush only went up one and no one changed places in the order.

Perry scored best (62%) on ideology being about right but it didn't help his poll numbers (3%).

Walker Surging in Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register Iowa Poll as Bush Struggles - Bloomberg Politics

There is also stuff about the Democrats but the only significant thing I see there is the distance between Clinton (56%) and Warren (16%).

I've heard some news types say they think someone may come from out of nowhere on the Republican side but who?
Recent news is that Scott Walker is in a dead heat with Jeb Bush. This is good news. Please, NOT Jeb Bush! I Tweeted Karl Rove to support Scott Walker. Not only does Scott Walker have what it takes to be an effective President; he has what it takes to beat the Democrat Smear Machine. He is doing that quite well.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:58 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
What is the difference between Sarah Palin and Scott Walker? Sarah Palin has a college degree.

Obviously, a college degree is not necessary to be qualified for the presidency, but it does say something about your ability to see things through. I am not sure that the country will elect someone who dropped out of college because it may have too hard for him or for some other reason to be determined.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 02-13-2015 at 05:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections