U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 11:43 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,500,249 times

Advertisements

Isn't Walker originally from Iowa? This "surge" means nothing. Nothing, I tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 11:48 PM

21,230 posts, read 14,261,055 times
I'll never trust a guy whose right eye is an inch lower than his left. Lopsided brain, too.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:28 AM

18,056 posts, read 10,087,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Misogyny? Is this another lib approach for their 'war on women' broken record? Please support your assertion with something approaching facts, or reasons. [was QUOTE=cuebald;38262709]I think Walker or Huckabee either one would be marvelous candidates, from a democratic perspective. Walker will be shot out of the saddle early because of his misogyny, and the Huckster would have to pick Pat Robertson for a running mate to find someone who makes his words sound like they came from a Christian. His bass playing behind Ted Nugent alone will kill a lot of the religious vote.

I agree. Who's out there? I personally think Jon Huntsman would be an excellent candidate, and I would support him over Hillary. I don't, however, think he can pass the neanderthal litmus test for right wing candidates. He is far too rational.
[/quote]

I got 346,000 hits for "Scott Walker misogyny". Google it.

DNC chair: Gov. Scott Walker has given women 'the back of his hand' | MSNBC

As for Huckabee, here is the footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyDFtJdh0Zs

And here is Jon Stewart's interview with Huck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp0cYJZuz4Y

Huckabee's "christianity" (small 'c' intended) is entirely situational and flexible enough to turn him into a liar. If you want,further backup, just ask.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you really think Lindsey Graham will run? I don't see him getting any money except from the war industry and McCain couldn't get enough from them. I know I would not vote for him as he's too emotionally overwrought (temperment) and lacks any kind of management experience...although he was a colonel in the reseserves, still throughout his military service he never left NC and he's pretty much been a lawyer all of his life even in the military. He also seems to be working on controlling his emotions. Still, I don't see him making it to my primary. If I had to choose the Southern guy, it wouldn't be him.
He's wants to really badly. He heard the White House has lots of big closets. If he does he'll take South Carolina because, South Carolina. No other punch line necessary.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
And he's destroyed every effort the left has come up with to hurt him or the state of WI, which is doing much better under Scott Walker. He's lowered the deficit and he's doing exactly what he said he would, that's why the leftist union trash of WI hates him.
This doesn't square at all with what friends in Milwaukee tell me.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:48 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,080,187 times
nobody is drawn to scott walker. he doesnt interest anyone outside of the base.

people are drawn to obama, drawn to hillary, they gravitate to them.

you have to have IT to win the presidency. walker is nothing but hot air taking up space in a room. when your eyes are looking at the candidates, they arn't going to wander back to walker like they do with obama or hillary.

that's why the GOP will lose. they have nothing but forgettable candidates.

that's why hillary is already at 46.3 to win the presidency at various betting markets.

just betting the GOP primary though I would go with a long shot in cruz right now.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:04 AM

8,059 posts, read 4,397,177 times
Like I said, "...with something approaching facts, or reasons." Neither Ms W-Schultz, nor an entertainer approach, "approaching facts or reason. Fail. Go away troll.

I got 346,000 hits for "Scott Walker misogyny". Google it.

DNC chair: Gov. Scott Walker has given women 'the back of his hand' | MSNBC

As for Huckabee, here is the footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyDFtJdh0Zs

And here is Jon Stewart's interview with Huck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp0cYJZuz4Y

Huckabee's "christianity" (small 'c' intended) is entirely situational and flexible enough to turn him into a liar. If you want,further backup, just ask.[/quote]

Old 02-02-2015, 09:44 AM

71,682 posts, read 83,272,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
It is true that Scott Walker lacks a college degree? If so, is it possible to be elected president without one?
Truman didn't have a degree and he was elected in 1948. To base how we vote on something like that is like basing how we vote of gender, color or sexual orientation. I am sure there will be an issue made over this if he does decide to run. Time will tell. We have so far to go: right now, I am betting on Walker, Rubio or Parl to be the choice of the party. Now, this doesn't mean I won't change my mind a year from now.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:30 AM

66,173 posts, read 33,593,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'll never trust a guy whose right eye is an inch lower than his left. Lopsided brain, too.

Character.

Some have it and you don't.
How does it feel to wear that Progressive badge of honor.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:55 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,080,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Character.

Some have it and you don't.
How does it feel to wear that Progressive badge of honor.
same guy who posts a thread saying how the 2 parties are one in the same, yet admittedly voted for romney in 12 and mccain in 08. same guy i challenged about how he supported ron paul so much, yet ran to the establishment like the GOP told him to do in the end, and you'll do it again in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or