U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 08:07 AM

5,560 posts, read 4,977,518 times

Advertisements

Well as I predicted in my times when it comes to elections there is a process that happens LONG before we even have a VOTE.

With the name of BUSH you would think somewhere in this world sanity might return to the country. That name would be the last name you would want to hear and you would think we might riot knowing this person and family is planning on running the country again. But no, not only do we have hear it we have to be told this his now the front runner.

We haven't even had one primary and its Feb 2015! Really! seriously I would love to know who pays these clowns to tell us who we are voting for.

But the powers that be, have been and always will be telling the brain dead who the front runner is but its really getting worry that people really have no chance of making a informed decision with the media filling our heads that BUSH is now LEADING already.

They did this with Romney before we even had a vote in 2012. In fact Romney didnt even show up in IOWA in the first primary knowing the media and foxnews was already giving him FREE front runner status even after the vote where he finished 5th.

At this point the media should do some actual reporting and not telling me who a front runner is but the sad part this is so predictable you have to wonder who is running America media.

Jeb Bush has become the GOP front-runner for 2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 09:00 AM

34,691 posts, read 33,700,331 times
Howard Kurtz, who now does Media Buzz on Fox News, once wrote a book called Reality Show about the three national news programs on NBC, CBS and ABC broadcast networks. He didn't devote a lot of pages in the book to it, but the most memorable thing he said was the national news shows on the broadcast networks are only half hour shows. Take out the commercials and that's something like 22 minutes for a show per night. When candidates are running for president, those networks winnow the field to two people of their choosing, who they have the time to cover, and freeze out all of the other candidates for attention. They can't handle more candidates in such a short show. For the people who get their news only that way that means a lot of candidates, like in the Republican field for the 2016 primaries, aren't even on the voters radar screen. Those candidates are snubbed/starved for publicity. In essence, the media is pushing their candidates of choice on a large majority of the low information voters.

Keeping in mind that the national news media is in DC and NYC, and who they rub elbows with, my guess is that their two GOP candidates of choice for these 3 broadcast networks in 2016 will be the political establishment. Essentially, the broadcast networks pick the candidate who will be our nominee in each party...but they aren't the only ones who winnow the candidates. Every presidential election year, Iowa and New Hampshire do it and I'm REALLY sick of them doing it, too.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:40 AM

71,983 posts, read 83,656,005 times
As much as we all know the media takes sides and yes, they do influence how people see a candidate, the primary season and the campaign is based on more than just what the media wants us to see and hear. Iowa and NH, like Laura said play a roll. If I had my way, which of course I do not, we would have a much shorter primary season and all states would hold primaries instead of some doing it one way and other states differently.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:30 PM

66,547 posts, read 33,809,529 times
We saw this with Ron Paul in 2012.

Ron Paul was the only one to beat Obama in a head to head poll, but mitt was the front runner in the media and ron paul silenced..

Old 02-03-2015, 01:47 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,278,333 times
We live in a low-info age. Just yesterday a friend asked me if I thought Hillary Clinton would be the next prez. I answered, "maybe.". I added that I was leaning towards Scott Walker. He responded that he had never heard of the man.

Another friend who is relatively well-informed (and a staunch liberal) told me he favored Warren over Hillary, and asked my opinion. I told him I liked Jim Webb better than either. My friend had no clue as to who Jim Webb was.

Poll respondents must pick a name, or feel like he/she is looking stupid. So they go with the name they have heard of, and at this point it is Bush. This should start to change by last quarter of 2015, when we know for sure who is running, and the media begins its campaign to denigrate and deride them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or