Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:49 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
Scary. The only consolation is that if Hillary wins the Democratic nomination that Independents will mostly likely go with the other side.
And I wonder what would happen if Hillary picked Obama as a running mate, hmmm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 05:06 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,477 times
A hillary win guarantees 4 more years of republican rule. She cannot get more than 43% of the general election vote. This is a dark day for democrats.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:10 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
[!
[quote]
Quote:
To all of my southern friends, come home to the Democratic party in '08.
The republican party takes you for granted for your lack of knowledge about the differences between what the republican and the democratic party stands for.
What does the Dem party stand for???????
Jobs for everyone or support from the Gov if you want that?
Universal health care?
Universal education?

I just do not know a thing about the Dems......

Old 01-09-2008, 05:54 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Obama is overwhelmingly a far better candidate for the presidency than Clinton will ever be and I'm susprised that the voters in NH couldn't see beyond her hollow presentation. I suppose this is what happens when your state is locked in a remote area of the United States, a bit separated from reality.

Obama really has too much dignity, integrity, and substance for this country. I'm disappointed in NH. On the democratic side, Iowa has more sense than NH.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:58 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Obama is overwhelmingly a far better candidate for the presidency than Clinton will ever be and I'm susprised that the voters in NH couldn't see beyond her hollow presentation. I suppose this is what happens when your state is locked in a remote area of the United States, a bit separated from reality.

Obama really has too much dignity, integrity, and substance for this country. I'm disappointed in NH. On the democratic side, Iowa has more sense than NH.
Why is Obama better?

Old 01-09-2008, 06:30 AM

365 posts, read 699,211 times
for me its all getting way too disgusting, how many times did she say thank you, over and over and over...always a lack of real speech w/her, Bill Clinton is even more revolting, and Obama, he sounds like a rerun of MLK! ... and McCain and all that wink wink winking... its like a rerun of SNL.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:50 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,523,791 times
If you look at the analysis of NH exit polls, Obama won the independents, men, and people with high incomes. Hilllary won among the traditional Democratic base (women, poor people, union members). This means that Obama has real drawing power among swing voters - the people that actually decide national elections. In a national race, Obama has a bigger chance of winning against the Republican than if Hillary were the Dem candidate. If the Democrats are smart, they will field Obama rather than Hillary if they want to retake the White House.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:54 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
It's amazing how briefly shedding tears while sitting at a small round table with a bunch of women in a commercial-style clipping can actually make you seem much more human and likeable. I'm not saying it wasn't authentic, but I am saying that Clinton is sharp enough to recognize that she needed to do something to shift gears... that was certainly it. It helped her image for sure and she got a ton of radio and TV air time for doing that. She is an absolutely brilliant lady :-)

Old 01-09-2008, 06:56 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
It's amazing how briefly shedding tears while sitting at a small round table with a bunch of women in a commercial-style clipping can actually make you seem much more human and likeable.
The woman that asked her the question that made her weepy voted for Obama. CNN had her on this morning.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:02 AM

365 posts, read 699,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
The woman that asked her the question that made her weepy voted for Obama. CNN had her on this morning.
I saw that too, and thought it was pretty interesting. Obama is appealing to the black poor and rich, when he gets to the south, its going to be full speed ahead for him if he keeps this act up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections