U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-04-2015, 06:07 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,021,120 times
Reputation: 7282

Advertisements

Bureaucat"Thomas Schaller is the author of "Whistling Past Dixie: How The Democrats Can Win Without The South"

As they have capturing over 61% of the last 3,228 electoral votes over 2 and a half decades.

Dixie by itself with the pithy Red depopulated Plain states gets overwhelmed by the educated Blue Wall.

All 14 states with 30% or higher percentages of college graduates/pop went Blue several times running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-04-2015, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,291 posts, read 39,621,417 times
Reputation: 18709
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Please, tell us more about these so-called "low information" Democratic voters (and if that's what conservatives still think is motivating voters, well then start getting used to the idea of "President Hillary"…lol)!

Blue States Barack Obama Won In 2012 Are More Educated
States that voted for Democrat Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election have, on average, better high school and college graduation rates than states that supported Republican Mitt Romney, according to U.S. Census data.
I think the metric is whether one gets news from Fox or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 06:45 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,021,120 times
Reputation: 7282
Ponderosa, Would that include journalistic coups like this one from Murdock's early years in the US:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:14 PM
 
410 posts, read 208,951 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Bureaucat"Thomas Schaller is the author of "Whistling Past Dixie: How The Democrats Can Win Without The South"

As they have capturing over 61% of the last 3,228 electoral votes over 2 and a half decades.

Dixie by itself with the pithy Red depopulated Plain states gets overwhelmed by the educated Blue Wall.

All 14 states with 30% or higher percentages of college graduates/pop went Blue several times running.
And yet Romney won college graduates 51-47.

Exit polls 2012: How the vote has shifted - The Washington Post

Lets be honest, Democrats live and die by the poor, uneducated, and apathetic. The only reason Democrats have an electoral advantage is because the poor and stupid are outbreeding everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:42 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,293,490 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
And yet Romney won college graduates 51-47.

Exit polls 2012: How the vote has shifted - The Washington Post

Lets be honest, Democrats live and die by the poor, uneducated, and apathetic. The only reason Democrats have an electoral advantage is because the poor and stupid are outbreeding everyone else.
Exactly. Bobtn doesn't understand this because he's part of the electoral advantage you describe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:45 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,021,120 times
Reputation: 7282
Unlike Trace, I understand the power of 270, and correctly predicted the POTUS winner, missing just Fl that year.

The 14 most educated states voted Blue several times in a row. The states with the least educated population (mostly Southeast) are red states.

PS: Postgraduate study, the most well educated group in the study, went 55-42% in favor of Obama. That's about 10 grades beyond your neck of the woods, Trace (LOL).

Lets be honest, JoshGL lfet that fact out..on PURPOSE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:48 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,293,490 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Unlike Trace, I understand the power of 270, and correctly predicted the POTUS winner, missing just Fl that year.

The 14 most educated states voted Blue several times in a row. The states with the least educated population (mostly Southeast) are red states.
Totally ignorant post on your part as usual. The educated people in all states voted against Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:51 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,021,120 times
Reputation: 7282
Nonsense, Trace, postgraduate study (Masters, doctorate degrees) went Obama by 13%..in that study!!!!

Bachelor degree folks (less educated) went Romney by 4%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:55 PM
 
6,963 posts, read 2,477,496 times
Reputation: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Totally ignorant post on your part as usual. The educated people in all states voted against Obama.
Not true at all. In 2012, the more education voters received beyond the high school level, the less likely they were to vote Republican. Whites with grad degrees voted for Obama by a wide margin.

Do you ever fact check anything before you sound off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:59 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,021,120 times
Reputation: 7282
Your question to Tracer was surely rhetorical, Bureaucat. I have little doubt Josh left it out on purpose, while Tracer either did not read the full study, or does not know what postgraduate study is. My bet is the latter is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top