U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 06:56 AM

34,689 posts, read 33,695,295 times

Advertisements

To other posters who vote Republican:

If a Republican makes it to the White House in the 2016 election, and that person is not Ted Cruz, would you be happy with Cruz as the Attorney General?

With all of the Lynch talk going on and our experiences with Holder, I actually think that job is more important than Vice President. The job should go to someone with a law background and we want someone who will actually enforce the law/uphold the constitution, maybe Cruz would make an excellent Attorney General. What do you think? Could you see him as the AG with any of the other GOP candidates as President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 10:19 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,590,445 times
You mean this guy upholding our laws and freedoms… and for whom, just white folks?!!!

Old 02-06-2015, 01:25 PM

36,851 posts, read 16,377,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

If a Republican makes it to the White House in the 2016 election, and that person is not Ted Cruz, would you be happy with Cruz as the Attorney General?

With all of the Lynch talk going on and our experiences with Holder, I actually think that job is more important than Vice President. The job should go to someone with a law background and we want someone who will actually enforce the law/uphold the constitution, maybe Cruz would make an excellent Attorney General. What do you think? Could you see him as the AG with any of the other GOP candidates as President?
I don't care for Cruz myself. You're right though neither Holder or Lynch seem to give a damn about respecting our immigration laws. Of course, they are/were just marching in lock step with what Obama wants. I would love to see a president, Attorney General and head of Homeland Security that upholds those laws and gives a damn about our sovereign borders, American jobs and the taxpayer. And those sentiments shouldn't be mocked at. Those who do that are in the same anti-American boat as the above three. What really makes me sick are those Americans who just happen to be of the same ethnic group as most illegals here and therefore put their tribal mentality above our immigration laws and the best interests of this country.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:28 PM

88,076 posts, read 3,670,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
You mean this guy upholding our laws and freedoms… and for whom, just white folks?!!!
Cruz is a treasure trove of quotes. The confirmation hearings would probably be Pay Per View.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:12 PM

63,052 posts, read 34,342,805 times
Quote:

The pro-pot crowd would be very unhappy about that.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:04 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,276,109 times
I doubt that Ted Cruz would want the post in 2016. AG's tend to either retire or leave politics. What did Ed Meese, John ********, Alberto Gonzales, Janet Reno, Michael Mukasey, etc do after serving as AG? Basically, nothing. I don't think that Ted Cruz at age 44 is ready to ride of into the sunset.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:21 PM

31,375 posts, read 19,628,377 times
Cruz would like to amend the constitution to reflect his own personal biases. Nice.

Quote:
Senator Ted Cruz (R—Tex.) announced Monday that he will introduce a constitutional amendment barring the federal government and the courts from overturning state marriage laws.
Sen. Ted Cruz to Introduce Constitutional Amendment on Marriage Rights

Old 02-07-2015, 02:03 AM

34,689 posts, read 33,695,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I doubt that Ted Cruz would want the post in 2016. AG's tend to either retire or leave politics. What did Ed Meese, John ********, Alberto Gonzales, Janet Reno, Michael Mukasey, etc do after serving as AG? Basically, nothing. I don't think that Ted Cruz at age 44 is ready to ride of into the sunset.
Good point. Didn't think of his age but he is a lawyer. He wouldn't be collecting unemployment checks. But you know, now that you mentioned it, you don't see the TV news shows calling on former attorney generals to give their opinions on the current administration's actions.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:34 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,469,246 times
Quote:
Good point. Didn't think of his age but he is a lawyer. He wouldn't be collecting unemployment checks. But you know, now that you mentioned it, you don't see the TV news shows calling on former attorney generals to give their opinions on the current administration's actions.
It seems that happens from time to time on Fox News shows. But then, that would have a political angle. How many Democratic party AG's have their been since the days of Jimmy Carter? And how many Repo's? So, I'd expect to see them on Fox, but could you imagine Rachel Maddow turning to a Republican AG for an interview?

Old 02-07-2015, 05:46 AM

21,472 posts, read 14,382,943 times
I don't think Cruz is going to seek any other job than the one he already has. I expect he will run for a second Senate term after this term is finished.

12 years as a Senator, especially if Cruz can pass some meaningful legislation or if he gains a chair on one of the important committees, will give him both seniority and more credibility than he has now. He won't give up the solid track he's on for a cabinet post; how many cabinet members have ever gone on to The White House?

None I can recall, except for Bush#1, who held a bunch of cabinet and/or top level administrative positions before becoming V.P. Much more typically, a cabinet position is a political dead end. Those who came out of Congress sometimes go back to their old jobs, but not very often.

I fully believe Cruz has more ambitions than an early end to his political career. Right now, he is not the Voice of the Senate that he wants to be, but another term could allow him to achieve that. His re-election would come in 2018, just right for a 2020 run at the White House if he wants it. If not, in 2024 he will be 54, still young for a President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or