U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 10:33 AM

27,179 posts, read 15,701,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The only choice is Clinton?

Even with these so called projections, Clintons remains to be a risk to the DNC, In open Debate Clinton would not far so well and actually would have to speak of policy, not feel good.
It's the choice that liberal media want especially when there aren't many democrats building ground support for a run like say Jeb Bush has done or perhaps Paul and Santorum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 11:42 AM

19,868 posts, read 22,743,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The only choice is Clinton?

Even with these so called projections, Clintons remains to be a risk to the DNC, In open Debate Clinton would not far so well and actually would have to speak of policy, not feel good.
Why is the only choice Clinton?
Because as far as popularity goes, she stands head and shoulders above any other Democratic choice.
It's pretty much assumed that if Hillary wants the nomination, she'll get it.
That MAY be a bad assumption, but I don't think so.

Ken

Old 02-17-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Why is the only choice Clinton?
Because as far as popularity goes, she stands head and shoulders above any other Democratic choice.
It's pretty much assumed that if Hillary wants the nomination, she'll get it.
That MAY be a bad assumption, but I don't think so.

Ken
She never even fully announced intent to. By this time in 2007, you had many candidates named for either side for the 2008 primary season. This year you only have one confirmed in Jeb Bush and others who are just rumors and whispers of being candidates including Hillary Clinton, Rand Paul and Rick Santorum.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
She never even fully announced intent to. By this time in 2007, you had many candidates named for either side for the 2008 primary season. This year you only have one confirmed in Jeb Bush and others who are just rumors and whispers of being candidates including Hillary Clinton, Rand Paul and Rick Santorum.
Hillary has not even fully announced her intent to run because she doesn't need to. IF she decides to run, she will almost certainly get the nomination. There's really no one on the Democratic side who will have a chance against her so she can afford to take her time.

Ken

Old 02-17-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Hillary has not even fully announced her intent to run because she doesn't need to. IF she decides to run, she will almost certainly get the nomination. There's really no one on the Democratic side who will have a chance against her so she can afford to take her time.

Ken
If she is up against anyone but a Tea Partier, I will vote Republican, even Rand Paul. If a Tea Partier is the Republican nomination, I'll vote third party.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
If she is up against anyone but a Tea Partier, I will vote Republican, even Rand Paul. If a Tea Partier is the Republican nomination, I'll vote third party.
That's fine. I don't expect EVERYONE to like her or vote for her.
I do however expect that she will WIN.

Ken

Old 02-17-2015, 12:29 PM

71,724 posts, read 83,359,825 times
Quote:

Ken
A lot of people thought that in 2007. I happen to think you are right, but this could seriously backfire on her. Without serious competition she will be rusty when she faces a viable Republican. We already know, she will have some explaining to do about past choices she has made. She needs someone to challenge her seriously and before too much longer.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
A lot of people thought that in 2007. I happen to think you are right, but this could seriously backfire on her. Without serious competition she will be rusty when she faces a viable Republican. We already know, she will have some explaining to do about past choices she has made. She needs someone to challenge her seriously and before too much longer.
Not only that but all the PACs and Super-PACs going after a single candidate. All they have to do is air the ad she ran against Obama in 2008 about the phone in the white house but intersplice Benghazi headlines and mission accomplished. That will be the Daisy ad for her that will derail her run.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:26 PM

6,912 posts, read 4,405,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Put a Rand, Ted, or Ben up there and you automatically have the base, based upon the R next to your name. Guess what, you also get the votes needed by the (silent majority) Conservative Independents.
Maybe not, I would not support Carson and it is doubtful I would support Cruz. I think of Cruz more of establishment type I am sure he will be a war hawk.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Not only that but all the PACs and Super-PACs going after a single candidate. All they have to do is air the ad she ran against Obama in 2008 about the phone in the white house but intersplice Benghazi headlines and mission accomplished. That will be the Daisy ad for her that will derail her run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Benghazi is bullsh*t. Even the GOP-led report on the subject debunks all the "scandals".

Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations - CNN.com

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or