U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2015, 12:40 AM
 
2,195 posts, read 1,472,171 times
Reputation: 804

Advertisements

What will happen in 2016 when the Republican party loses another Presidential election? They have disdain for Blacks, pro-choice, gays, Muslims, Hispanics, the poor, Atheist, Liberals, environmentalist, and every country other than Israel. Well, they use to hate France and Russia until they found an angle to use to bash Obama with. They do not realize that there's just not enough Southern White Christians men, Military, or law enforcement in this country for them to even have the slightest chance of winning. They're also at an extreme disadvantage when it comes to the electoral college.

Will they become even more unhinged when the next Democrat takes office, or do you believe that the fact that because our current president is a Liberal Black guy with a Muslim sounding name has a lot to do with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2015, 12:41 AM
 
Location: North America
14,210 posts, read 10,106,013 times
Reputation: 5547
I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. Two years is an eon in politics and you can never tell what is going to happen. I think if they lose there will be a major shift in the parties selection process for President though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2015, 12:45 AM
 
2,195 posts, read 1,472,171 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. Two years is an eon in politics and you can never tell what is going to happen. I think if they lose there will be a major shift in the parties selection process for President though.
They do not have anyone that can win, and those that are electable can't get the nomination because they aren't crazy enough and their rhetoric isn't hateful enough for the party. Take a look at the electoral college; they're be fighting an almost impossible battle, and they run on insulting half the population. At one point, Chris Christie had a chance, but with Bridgegate, hurricane Sandy, and his temper, he threw his chances out the window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2015, 12:48 AM
 
Location: North America
14,210 posts, read 10,106,013 times
Reputation: 5547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
They do not have anyone that can win, and those that are electable can't get the nomination because they aren't crazy enough and their rhetoric isn't hateful enough for the party. Take a look at the electoral college; they're be fighting an almost impossible battle, and they run on insulting half the population.
That's been said in many an election by the side who ends up losing. It's never a certain thing until the election is finished. I don't think they have great chances but I also am not completely counting them out either. A lot of the states Obama won are purple states. They can't be counted on to vote reliably Democratic in every election. So the idea that the electoral map is against them is overstated. I think in 15 years that will be more the case simply due to the fact that Texas by demographic shift will be a battleground. Without having one large state to rely on for electoral votes the Republicans will need to be far more moderate to win elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2015, 12:57 AM
 
2,769 posts, read 2,494,025 times
Reputation: 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
What will happen in 2016 when the Republican party loses another Presidential election? They have disdain for Blacks, pro-choice, gays, Muslims, Hispanics, the poor, Atheist, Liberals, environmentalist, and every country other than Israel. Well, they use to hate France and Russia until they found an angle to use to bash Obama with. They do not realize that there's just not enough Southern White Christians men, Military, or law enforcement in this country for them to even have the slightest chance of winning. They're also at an extreme disadvantage when it comes to the electoral college.

Will they become even more unhinged when the next Democrat takes office, or do you believe that the fact that because our current president is a Liberal Black guy with a Muslim sounding name has a lot to do with it?
Oh God, this again.

Did you not pay attention to this last election? And how the Republicans won in a blowout in many states? And how we now have a Republican-controlled senate because people weren't happy with the way the Democrat-controlled country was working out?

And there you go stereotyping and making yourself look like a fool. Did it ever occur to you that there are Hispanic and Black Republicans? If Ben Carson or Marco Rubio were to run, those "racist southern white christian men" would vote for them in a heartbeat. So your logic is flawed.

You know, maybe the 2014 elections should be a wake up call for the Democrats to not be so anti-American, anti-military, anti-Christian, pro-terrorism, anti-small business, anti-baby, anti-gun rights, pro-tax, pro-socialism, and race baiting. You know, two can play the "stereotyping game."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2015, 12:57 AM
 
2,195 posts, read 1,472,171 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
That's been said in many an election by the side who ends up losing. It's never a certain thing until the election is finished. I don't think they have great chances but I also am not completely counting them out either. A lot of the states Obama won are purple states. They can't be counted on to vote reliably Democratic in every election. So the idea that the electoral map is against them is overstated. I think in 15 years that will be more the case simply due to the fact that Texas by demographic shift will be a battleground. Without having one large state to rely on for electoral votes the Republicans will need to be far more moderate to win elections.
The electoral college is against them and there's been several articles written about it. Republicans ALSO realize this shortcoming and have tried to change the voting process in battleground states to winner takes all.

I'm interested though. Name the "Purple states", AND name a Republican candidate that has a chance of winning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2015, 01:03 AM
 
2,195 posts, read 1,472,171 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Oh God, this again.

Did you not pay attention to this last election? And how the Republicans won in a blowout in many states? And how we now have a Republican-controlled senate because people weren't happy with the way the Democrat-controlled country was working out?

And there you go stereotyping and making yourself look like a fool. Did it ever occur to you that there are Hispanic and Black Republicans? If Ben Carson or Marco Rubio were to run, those "racist southern white christian men" would vote for them in a heartbeat. So your logic is flawed.

You know, maybe the 2014 elections should be a wake up call for the Democrats to not be so anti-American, anti-military, anti-Christian, pro-terrorism, anti-small business, anti-baby, anti-gun rights, pro-tax, pro-socialism, and race baiting. You know, two can play the "stereotyping game."
Blacks voted and continue to vote for Democrats 85-90%+. Hispanics also vote for Democrats in huge numbers. The GOP has not in anyway have been courting the Hispanic or Black vote lol.

Republicans have historically won in midterm elections when Democrat voting is low. That's nothing new lol. You all had this same rhetoric going into the 2012 election only to end up with a "how is this possible" and "they must have cheated" look on your faces after you all were blown out 332 to 206.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2015, 01:07 AM
 
2,769 posts, read 2,494,025 times
Reputation: 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Blacks voted and continue to vote for Democrats 85-90%+. Hispanics also vote for Democrats in huge numbers. The GOP has not in anyway have been courting the Hispanic or Black vote lol.

Republicans have historically won in midterm elections when Democrat voting is low. That's nothing new lol. You all had this same rhetoric going into the 2012 election only to end up with a "how is this possible" and "they must have cheated" look on your faces after you all were blown out 332 to 206.
And Republicans won in 2000 and 2004. Did you think that the Democrats would never win again back then? And don't try telling me "but times have changed since then, blah blah."

Your go to excuse is always "turnout was low."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2015, 01:11 AM
 
2,195 posts, read 1,472,171 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Oh God, this again.

Did you not pay attention to this last election? And how the Republicans won in a blowout in many states? And how we now have a Republican-controlled senate because people weren't happy with the way the Democrat-controlled country was working out?

And there you go stereotyping and making yourself look like a fool. Did it ever occur to you that there are Hispanic and Black Republicans? If Ben Carson or Marco Rubio were to run, those "racist southern white christian men" would vote for them in a heartbeat. So your logic is flawed.

You know, maybe the 2014 elections should be a wake up call for the Democrats to not be so anti-American, anti-military, anti-Christian, pro-terrorism, anti-small business, anti-baby, anti-gun rights, pro-tax, pro-socialism, and race baiting. You know, two can play the "stereotyping game."
AND look at the 2014 mid term election map and compare it to the 2008 and 2012 electoral college lol... Yes, republicans picked up seats in 2014, but just about all of those seats where in red states lol, i.e., states that already went to the GOP during the presidential election except for 2 states that combined only have 10 points. There are too many solid blue states for Republicans to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2015, 01:15 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,884 posts, read 13,032,849 times
Reputation: 5211
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
What will happen in 2016 when the Republican party loses another Presidential election? They have disdain for Blacks, pro-choice, gays, Muslims, Hispanics, the poor, Atheist, Liberals, environmentalist, and every country other than Israel. Well, they use to hate France and Russia until they found an angle to use to bash Obama with. They do not realize that there's just not enough Southern White Christians men, Military, or law enforcement in this country for them to even have the slightest chance of winning. They're also at an extreme disadvantage when it comes to the electoral college.

Will they become even more unhinged when the next Democrat takes office, or do you believe that the fact that because our current president is a Liberal Black guy with a Muslim sounding name has a lot to do with it?


try looking again, being democrat or republican has never won an election, it is the independents that always carry an election one way or the other and independents have always been fickle about who they elect.

if the independents could field a potus candidate, then the dems and the repubs would never have another potus again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top